“Fantastic service & great food”
Review of Szeroka No.9

Szeroka No.9
Ranked #2 of 181 Restaurants in Torun
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: European, Polish, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service & great food”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had dinner here whilst staying in Torun for 1 night.

Initially, we had planned to have lunch here the following day rather than dinner due it being listed as a cafe/restaurant, and seeing it is described as “casual”. However I’m really glad we changed our minds and decided to dine here one evening, as it is every bit a restaurant with excellent service and good food.

I had the “Beef Carpaccio” to start which was wonderful, followed by the “Gnocchi with stude duck” [sic] which was also delicious (although grapes substituted the dates). My Partner had “Tortellini with beef” followed by “Duck with cranberry-apple sauce” and reported both were very good. The meal was accompanied perfectly by a bottle of “Ribera del Duero” and I only wish I had made a more detailed note of the wine as it was so good.

The restaurant has a lovely area to sit out in – it is very smart and well done with ambient lighting. The service was 1st class –attentive and very professional .

Good value for money (approx £45 for 2 courses and a bottle of red & water) , particularly given the ambiance and fantastic service.

Highly recommended & we would definitely eat here again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank chicachic

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Béal Feirste
“Great food, great service, great wine”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Was in Torun for a wedding, so only had to eat out once over the weekend, and choose this restaurant.

I had the shrimps with garlic butter to start which was superb, followed by the halibut dish which was very good. Tasted a bit of my partners steak which was also very good.

Had the Symphonia wine, which if you are there get it, unreal.

• Visited July 2014
“Wonderful dinner”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at this restaurant while in Toruń. He had the carpaccio which must have been delicious because he forgot to share with me while I had the beef tartar. For our main course we enjoyed veal and halibut. The food was delicious and full of flavour. I would definitely go back again and again.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“The best restaurant in Toruń, one of the best in Poland”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been recommended this restaurant by a concierge in my hotel. Passing by I thought it looks more like a café with some people enjoying coffee and cake. When I have looked at a menu I realized that the chef is ambitious and when the food has arrived I have been won over.

I could taste some Polish cuisine with a twist. It is not your usual fare of pierogi, pork chops and potatoes. It is refined and inventive. We should have more restaurants like this in Poland and this way of cooking should motivate more people to bring Polish cuisine out of misery of grease and potatoes.

This is the place where I will head to on my next trip to Toruń. I have only a small complaint about desserts – there is a selection of homemade cakes which are good but plain. After reaching culinary heights it is a pity to finish a meal with a slice of gingerbread. I am sure there is a room for more fantasy and gingerbread could be just an excuse to surprise a guest…

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Piotr S
Slave Lake, Canada
“Amazing breakfast ”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We came across this gorgeous restaurant in the early morning hours. The atmosphere was almost as great as the breakfast. Stop here to eat! The service was great and the had freshly squeezed juices and therapeutic coffee.