“Great accommodation but showing signs of age”

Capital Apartments Old Town
Ranked #49 of 290 Speciality Lodging in Warsaw
“Great accommodation but showing signs of age”
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Gemini with my girlfriend on a city break,the location is absolutely fantastic! Plenty of restaurants and shops around! Now the apartments was very clean but it shows some signs of age and is definitely lacking some maintenance work. Some of the walls were scratched ,cables just hanging from behind the telly and other minor things.The booking process was very easy, and the price we have paid was very low,absolute bargain for this location! Check in and staff that we encountered were helpful and polite but could explain the way to get to the apt a bit better( I had to enter some code from the keys into the buzzer to open main door) we also enjoyed that entrance to the apt is on a small balcony so we didn't had to go all the way down for a smoke! And last thing which was good- the temperature outside was around -10 all the time but the flat was very warm! Definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, England
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We made our way to the address on the booking, But this was the apartment address - and there was nobody there. We had no idea there was a central office, but a kind old lady pointed us in the right direction. Once there, everything was fine and they said they couldn't put two addresses on the booking so put the apartment address! They said they had emailed us the day before, but we had left home three days before. When we got into the apartment it was very nice, spacious and clean. And the location was fantastic, right in the old town. Would recommend staying there but be aware you need to go to the office first!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I spoke with their representative at their office on the phone seeking an apartment. We agreed on the price and dates, and as far as I understood we were confirmed. She said they have 3 apartments available, and so I can choose which one i want.
I left the house and returned 3 hours later to find two emails from them sent 1-hour apart - the first stating that they actually have only 1 apartment (not 3), and the second asking if i want it. The obvious answer following our conversation should have been obvious - 'yes', as I was sure it was already confirmed.
I immediately replied that I do indeed want it of course, and got an email back that it's gone and they have no apartments at all.
So after confirmation, and cancelling another reservation I had with another agency (since they didn't have availability for the full period I needed), I came home 3 hours later to find they gave away what I thought was my reservation and I was left empty handed. When I called to see what they could to fix it, they only argued with me that they are in the right, and I am wrong (because I didn't reply to their email right away, despite never having been told my reservation depended on it, yet after being told they have 3 available apartments), and there is nothing they can do.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Shaq29
Marcin W, Manager at Capital Apartments Old Town, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry for this sutuation, but we never give away reservation after making it. If reservation is confimed it is 100% valid.
Hope to meet you again.
London
Reviewed 25 April 2012

went there 24-27th March to Poznan. the apartment is good and tidy! just like the photos.
The staff was very helpful, i said I couldn't use the internet and she came up after working hours.
The old town was just less then 2 minutes walk!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
New Jersey
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I use Capital Apartments during my business trips to Warsaw, Poland. I found them by a chance and was really happy with what they had to offer. They have various units in the Historical Disctrict of Warsaw and other cities in Poland. Living there at Stare Miasto for several days reminded me of the brownstones in Manhattan. You get a small town feeling in a large city with one-on-one attention. I decided to write this review after Martin, the manager helped me out with an upgrade and took his personal time to assure I was well received. Highly recommended. Better value then a large hotel.

Wally from New Jersey, US

Room Tip: Just ask for Martin
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Marcin W, Kierownik ds. gości at Capital Apartments Old Town, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Hello Wally,

Thank you alot for your opinion about us.

If you would like to book an apartment during your business trip or simply privately, you know where to find us :)

Best of Luck!
Poland
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Always is nice to stay at Warsaw in their place, people who working there are really helpful and react quickly for the problems. Apartments are in good condiction, really in the centre of old town in Warsaw!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank anczeto
Dear anczeto,

Thank you, you decided to share those nice words about our apartment with us.

We always do our best to meet our customers' requirements to make them come back to us.

We hope to see you again some day :)
Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The apartment I stayed in was perfectly located, nicely decorated and clean. The service was professional and pleasant :) and it is definitely much better than a hotel! If you're visiting Warsaw, I would highly recommend this company!
Cheers from Norway!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Dear MagdaEs,

Magda thank your for the kind review.
We would be very delighted to see you again.
We are for You anytime you visit Warsaw.