“Great Hotel”

Mercure Warszawa Airport
Ranked #34 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was disappointed to learn upon arrival at Chopin that the hotel does NOT have an airport shuttle, despite having a designated parking spot at the airport shuttle depot. I found it odd that an "airport" hotel does not have an "airport" shuttle as I have never seen this scenario before in all my travels abroad. The Novotel (same company) does have a shuttle, and I politely asked the driver of that shuttle if he could do us a favor and drop us off at the Mercure which is very close to the airport, and on his way. The driver was extremely rude, and in an abrupt tone, told us he was not willing to help us.

I then ventured to try to find a taxi to bring us to this hotel. None of the drivers wanted to take us to the hotel because it is so close, the fare is not worth it to them; they'd rather wait for a fare to the city. This was extremely frustrating.

I finally tracked down a taxi willing to take us. The fare to the hotel turned out to only be approximately 20zloty (around $5).

Upon arrival at the hotel, there was a group in front of us with a complicated issue. They only had one clerk running the entire front desk so we had to wait about 15 minutes. While the young clerk was pleasant, and nice he was obviously over worked, and the hotel definitely needs to hire more help at the front desk. My three interactions with the staff were all very positive throughout my stay. They all spoke excellent English, and they all sincerely wanted to help guests. Customer service was very good.

When it was finally our turn, check in was quick and we made it up to our rooms within minutes. The room itself was very modern, clean, and quite large for Europe. The bathroom also had a lovely shower which looked brand new. I loved the hotel itself.

We ventured into the city and came back at 10:30pm. I was disappointed to learn the restaurant closed at 10pm, and we had not eaten dinner yet. There is no room service either at this time. The front desk clerk was eager in helping us find a solution. He recommended a Mcdonalds, and when I told him I don't eat fast food, he pulled out some cold sandwiches, and salads the hotel had for purchase. Very accommodating and very good customer service. I also asked him to set up a taxi for our airport departure at 4am, which he gladly did.

Overall a good stay for a quick night over in Warsaw. I would absolutely stay here again for a quick night over, or business trip. But this is not a hotel to stay at if you are a tourist and want to get to the city, as it is not the most convenient location to the city and you will either have to take a tram or a taxi. Also beware that you must find your own transportation to and from the hotel which can be frustrating.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Mercure Warszawa Airport

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Business hotel near Warsaw airport. Nothing extra, nothing bad. Mercure standard hotel. Eating was acceptable, services too.
positive:
close to city transport
good bed
negative:
very tight parking in underground of hotel
pos/neg:
average distance to airport
average food
reasonable prices
This hotel is really average, do not understand it bad, but without anything interesting, little boring. For next time i will choose different hotel, but in some cases is this hotel good choice with good value (like by my visit in January). My opinion is, that i am not compliant with Mercury brand, than this hotel is bad.

Tip: try Jeff's Pola Mokotowskie, very funny place in 50s mexico style with live music

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very good value for money; modern, clean and air-conditioned rooms; large bathroom; underground parking (9€); wi-fi. They took extra 12 € from my bank account without any warning or explanation one week after we stayed there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

For a business traveller this is the almost perfect hotel.
Located 4 km from the airport, it will cost you circa 6 € taxi, it is a nice business hotel.
I had a kind of suite with king bed size, free wifi for 47 €/night, a very good price even if you are in Poland.
Room was very big, clean and quiet.
A kind of bar is present and remains open up to midnight during the week
As I did not have breakfast there I cannot make any comment about this.
Lobby staff extremly kind with a good English spoken.
Be aware this hotel does not have a shuttle bus to the Chopin airport.
I will surely come back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Cris27371
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just stayed one night in this hotel prior flying back to my home country.
The hotel is just some km from the WAW airport, it will take 10 minutes by car to reach.
As I had my own rental car, I have no idea how there shuttle service is.

hotel is not that old, everything looks modern.
nice rooms too.

breakfast was alright.

as i said this is a good airport hotel for me, because it is close (enough) to the airport.
negative point is that in the area just around is really nothing to do, in case you want to take some food, you have to take car/taxi/tram to go into the city.

because of their loyalty card I try to stay in Accor hotels as much as possible.
for my next trip I will choose either Mercure Airport or Novotel Airport, just which is cheapest at the time of booking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business