“A perfect short stay in Warsaw”

Chmielna Guest House
Ranked #51 of 309 Speciality Lodging in Warsaw
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed in a double room with private bathroom for 4 nights. Everything was neat and cozy. The room was small but adequate. The common kitchen facilities were well supplied and clean (including complimentary coffee and tea) and the common living room was ample enough for all to lounge or eat, and well stocked with city guides and books. The location is pretty central and it's in a nightlife district. Despite that, the noise outside was minimum (our room was facing the inside of the block).

Room Tip: Room "Hvar" facing the inside of the block is probably quieter than others. It also has a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pedro L
There are newer reviews for Chmielna Guest House

Reviewed 1 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was traveling alone so the price of this B&B was exactly what I was looking for. Also, the location was perfect for the things I wanted to see and do. The rooms were decorated very nicely and were large enough for me. If my husband had been with me it would've been a bit cramped. I chose the shared bathroom option since I was alone and that worked out okay. I was always up early so I didn't ever need to wait. And the bathrooms are very spacious, modern and clean. I read the reviews before booking but didn't realize just how noisy the street is. Warsaw is a late city so people are still out at 4 and 5am. Others in the B&B were also getting in during the early morning hours and while they were respectful, I could still hear them in the hallway, opening/closing doors.
As a woman traveling alone I felt safe and secure in the building so that wasn't an issue at all.
The staff at the hostel were extremely friendly and helpful. They were available to look information up for me and were willing to answer any questions.
My suggestion would be that if you want to be out late and in the heart of the city, this is the perfect place. If you're a deep sleeper it's also a great place. If you choose to stay here because of the location and price, bring earplugs and/or a sound machine.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

This far outstretched my expectations. £45 for a night in this central part of the city. The room and toilet were nicely decorated and cosy, if a bit small. The communal front room was large, very secure (two locked doors to enter) and we felt very st home in there. Great going as to have stayed in the previous hotel on a Monday night would've set us back £128!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Followed the directions on where to pick up the keys and got the hotel without problem. Everything was clean and tidy. The rooms were a decent size for 3 nights. There was a large common room and small kitchen for our use, we rarely saw anyone though. Located close to lots of bars, restaurants, shopping, and a short walk into the old town.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Well, it took us 2 hours to find where to pick the keys up as there is no sign at the Guest House! You just need to go to New World hostel around the corner (near Sushi bar) and they will give you keys - you need to leave a £10/50 pln deposit returnable when you hand they keys back in. The staff are young and friendly and speak perfect English.
I was pleasantly surprised at the guest room (Hvar room 1). It was extremely clean although a little cramped. There are no wardrobes to hang up clothes but a couple of coat hangers are on a hook behind the door. The shower was lovely but again a tad small. There is no safe which I would have liked. We hardly saw other residents - I don't know if this was the time of the year or the fact we were out and about. Those we met seemed very nice. The location is fantastic! Not too far from anywhere. We found a nice cheap restaurant nearby called The Sphinx - Excellent Value for Money! My husband and I are late 40's and I would probably say that the residence is probably for younger people. Having never stayed in a hostel type B&B I would certainly do it again for a short stay.

Room Tip: I didn't see the other rooms but they all look nice on the internet. Ours was clean and the clea...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Stayed in Nort California room for two nights. It is very clean and stylish all around.
It is very affordable and quiet. Near the Old Town. Intertnet access and a laptop is provided. I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends