“Do not use this restaurant!”

Restauracja Sami Swoi
Ranked #2,036 of 2,532 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Polish
“Do not use this restaurant!”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I have ordered a piece of schiizel and shrimp dish in a plate and get shocked when they charged 150.8 PLN. I have notice that the amount they charged is seriously different what they marked. How on earth such cheating canb e happend in the international airport?

• Visited June 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst restaurant EVER”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My partner and I transited to Warsaw and based upon the fact that there is not a lot of restaurant, we chose this place. Our greatest mistake. My partner had a dish you would not even dare to serve in a hospital. So tasteless and cold. I had a roast pork knee. All together: 55 CAD??! You are not only a disgrace to other honest restaurants in Polland but you should shutdown your restaurant. Period.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jefmorin
Copenhagen, Denmark
“How much? Daylight robbery!”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

The "restaurant" is a cafeteria, but prices are a Michelin star worthy. Bought 2 beer and 2 knuckles with potatoe and cabbage, which would normally set you back EUR 15 - 20 in Poland. But at Sami Swoi they charged EUR 90 for this. As you just go and ask for the food, no menu, so you get the food before you go to the cashier, there is no way back. Daylight robbery. A pork knuckle at the price of foie gras.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Ole G
“Do not go!”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Absolutely extortionate prices. Staff are pushy and rude, paid the equivalent of £50 for two soft drinks and 2 plates of pork and rice. Food sold by weight and they don't ask how much you want. Prices are on a board on wall, no menus on table. Tried to argue but could only speak English when advising how good the heaviest food was! Avoid at all costs.

2 Thank loz421
Denmark
“Avoid at all cost”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I had the doubtful honour to try this place at an expense of an airline. I got a voucher from SK to have breakfast in there, on the occasion of an 4 hour flight delay.

It was about 6am in the morning, and the place was only 20-30% loaded. I had 60 zloty to spend. For this money I could have eaten a rather good lunch in Warsaw, but in Sami Swoi this was barely enough for a small breakfast: fried eggs, orange juice, coffee and one piece of pastry (I had to top up with some change). I understand that airports are expensive, so I would be fine to pay this for a breakfast (most Polish hotels charge 10-20zloty for a similar breakfast). The problem is that the food was of the lowest possible quality, and the service very confused.

I asked what is available for breakfast, I was offered the two last pancakes and boiled sausage (the very last 2 pancakes at 6am? are they closing at this hour??? no more supplies???). Only after a few minutes of conversation, it turned out that I can also order some a la carte dishes. Never mind that I do not know what is available. You have to guess. I asked for bacon and eggs. I received something that tasted like egg fried with ham. The meet was certainly not bacon, and it was not fried dry. No bread was offered to the egg (no bread to the egg in Poland? What the heck?). There weren't any patato fries either.

I asked for cafe latte, there was milk skin on top of it, yuck. I asked for orange juice, I received a very tepid bottled orange juice from concentrate. I hoped for fresh juice for the price. I asked for a piece of pastry, I got a piece that was at the very least a day old. I could barely finish it. all these for a price of 3 cakes in town.

At 6am they also had some dinner like offer behind the counter (beuf strogonoff and something that looked like a schnitzel). I found that initially a bit peculiar to serve dinner meals at 6am, but then after tasting the pastry, I understood what is going on. This were of course yesterdays leftovers that they were still trying to sell.

I could only order all these things instantly, as I was paying with a voucher, which means that I was drinking cold coffee, once I was done with my egg.

Stay away from this place. Do yourself a favour and try on of the others at the Warsaw airport. I will never take the risk there again.

• Visited March 2013