“A Slow Warsaw Walk with Ewa”
Review of Slow Warsaw

Slow Warsaw
Ranked #42 of 125 Tours in Warsaw
More attraction details
Owner description: Let us invite you for a walk.A walk through the typical tourist places, Old Town, Royal Route etc.. BUT the walk won't be usual.We will show you the story of the City that died and reborn...Jewish heritage, history of Kings, wars and risings - all this is still alive in the buildings and streets...We organize group and private walking tours. Check us!:)
Brisbane, Australia
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A Slow Warsaw Walk with Ewa”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

On a showery morning in Warsaw Ewa took us through her city of Warsaw, mainly the Jewish parts but you could see she loved the city and she imparted these feelings to us. Thanks to Ewa we now have much to read about the Warsaw Uprising, the decimation of the Jewish population of Warsaw etc and we look forward to one day returning to Warsaw and doing another Slow Warsaw Walk. This was our first time in Warsaw, our first ever trip to Poland and we were delighted and enlightened every step of the way.

Visited August 2012

London
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We are a family of 4 and we did the Warsaw From Scratch tour, lead by Rafa. The tour was excellent, Rafa was a great guide, friendly and very knowledgable. It was a hot day but we strolled though Warsaw covering quite a large area, learning a great deal about the history of the citry and seeing things we would never have picked up ourselves. Good value, highly recommended.

Visited July 2012
Davenport, Iowa
“Warsaw Trip”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I had set up the Warsaw Jewish experience trip with a side trip to Treblinka for myself and my three chided ten, ages 9, 12 and 14. Marta picked us up at our hotel on time as promised and drove us an hour and a half to Treblinka where she guided us around the memorial and the little museum. Then it was time to head back to Warsaw and she did a marvelous job of taking us to the places of Jewish historical importance around the city and giving us an appropriate introduction to them. At the very end she drove us to e main train station where we caught a late afternoon train to Cracow. Overall we all agreed that the tour was a fantastic experience, week worth the time and the money spent, and made the day an unforgettable experience. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2012
Arlington, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not sure it works to have a non-Jewish guide of the Jewish parts of Warsaw”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We took the tour of the Jewish area of Warsaw but did not have Marta as our guide. We had a very nice young man who she sent as the tour guide. Unfortunately he was unable to understand the difference experiences that Polish Jews and Non-Polish Jews had during WWII and started off by insisting that both groups suffered equally at the hands of the Nazis. In a way it turned out to be an interesting experience for us as we got to see first hand how Poland has educated its next generation about the Holocaust. But there were a few instances, where he expressed some viewpoints that were really out of line - for instance he talked about how some of the Jewish commanders in the Warsaw Ghetto (installed there by the Nazis as a perverse way of keeping order) were worse to their fellow Jews then the Nazis. When we discussed the point that at least one of those commanders ended up committing suicide later, he seemed to view this as validation of his viewpoint. Bottom line, think about who you are and what you want to get out of such an experience. It will likely be difficult (perhaps impossible) to find Jewish tour guides in Warsaw so you may have to adjust your own expectations.

Visited April 2012
Berlin, Germany
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Get the most out of Warsaw with a friendly, informative personal tour”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Definitely the best aspect of my trip to Warsaw was my tour with Marta. Having her personal insights and local knowledge really brought the city alive. She showed me places I know I wouldn't have found on my own, and I covered so much ground in the time we had. Warsaw is one of those cities that is not so easy to navigate, so having a guide really makes sense. I'm not the kind of person who normally takes guided tours, I like to travel independently, but this was really more like having a well informed local friend show you around. The fact that we could drive to locations was good too, given that it was pretty cold the day I was there. Great value for money, I would recommend this to anyone.

Visited November 2011