“Great Pierogi”

Ranked #354 of 2,969 Restaurants in Warsaw
Neighbourhood: Śródmieście Północne
Neighbourhood: Śródmieście Północne
Reviewed 2 February 2014

HUge selection of Pierogi, the place is normal nothing special , self service, good for a quick lunch for a good price

1  Thank Abctrustkawka

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Simple decor, exceptional authentic pierogies. Just what I was looking for! Best traditional meal in Warsaw by far...

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I visited Poland and Russia in the Communist days of the 80's and this place took me right back. Think Soup Kitchen.Very inexpensive good tasting food. However, it doesn't get much more unsophisticated than this. Windowless restaurant with shared bench tables. Unfriendly service. Give your order in at the counter, collect your cutlery and wait at your table. I had the daily special for PLN 18. I thought it tremendous value. If I had brought my wife along, however, she would have hated it!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The food was good. If you're looking for a quick meal. The mean dish are polish soups and dumplings. You have to get your own menu and order your self. Then grab you cuttlery. The tables are dirty. Sometimes the staff will get the empty plates, but I haven't seen a cleaning cloth.
The table, glasses and tablecloth were all not clean at all.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I visited this out-of-the-way restaurant based on a review I read on tripadvisor and I was not disappointed. This little place is just off Krakowskie Przedmiescie on a street called Bednarska (which is perpendicular to K.P. behind the "Skwer HC Hoovera" - very close to start of old town). The menu was mainly varying types pierogies, which you order from a little window inside a quaint wooden-tabled interior. Yes, this is a local place - but that is its appeal! (I don't understand the one average review of this place...to each their own). I had the full order of pierogies that were made from Spinach, feta, cheddar cheese, pepper and topped with bacon because the extremely nice chef recommended them as her favorite. Great recommendation. The pierogies and a 7up was 17.50 zl. This was more than enough for me for supper, but there are larger and smaller portions available for not too much more or less, respectively. I wish I had found this place earlier during my time in Warsaw. Go, give it a try. Don't be shy (they have polish and English menus).

1  Thank Jadedbyidiocy