“the very unique place”

Ranked #90 of 290 Speciality Lodging in Warsaw
Aalst, Belgium
“the very unique place”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed two nights in Fabryka. The atmosphere of this hostel is really unique and staff was very friendly and helpful. The remarkable design and cosy interiors are a part of a Fabryka charm. We were spoiled with a really spacious double room and stylish bathroom. We also got a proper breakfast for a good day We had no troubles to caught a tram or bus to the city centre. Honestly, the surroundings of the hostel aren’t obviously beautiful but they have some bohemian charm.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Zuzanna R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I just got back from staying at this Hostel. I was there for 3 nights, my original plan was to stay here for one night, go to town and find a Hotel in downtown, but..............I ended up staying the entire duration of my vacation.
Now about the place.
When I arrived via taxi from the Airport, I wanted to have the taxi driver turn around and find me another Hotel. The location does not look the safest because of all the graffiti. The Hostel is located on the 3rd floor so if you plan on staying here, make sure your suitcase is not too heavy. The walls going up the stairs if full of graffiti but don't let that scare you. Once I was let in, Peter was so nice and friendly. He was able to communicate with me without any problem. The interior of the place reminds me of Lofts(very high ceilings). Peter showed me to my room and was a very simple room(the pictures on the website is very accurate). My room had six bunk beds with a balcony(bad view, but still a balcony) and I was the only one staying in that room which is great because I have the entire room. There were only two guests(including myself) that were staying there. Later that evening, I had a roommate then he checked out first thing the next morning. My second day, I had a different roommate and he too left the next day. My last day there(which was this morning) I had two other guests. (Keep in mind, Warsaw is very cold at this time of the year so not a lot of travelers). The bathroom was always clean, there's a young lady who always mops the floor every morning. All the young workers are all very nice and they did speak English. I have asked where the nearest super market was and i was showed on the map they provided and how to get there(the supermarket is located in a shopping mall and it only takes less than 20minutes walk. There is also a little food mart a block and half away to go get beer and snacks. I have also asked places to go and see and they have recommended a lot of places. They even circled them on the map and which bus# to take.
This Hostel is conveniently located at a Tram Stop. Its just a few blocks away and a short 15minute ride to Old Town. I know the workers there told me I would have to buy the ticket for the Tram but was unable to find it so I just hopped on and off whenever I needed to without a ticket.
I have to say, I did not use the kitchen. They do provide a refrigerator to put your food in and they also have a stove if you want to cook anything(I never used the kitchen).
There is always a receptionist 24hours a day. Last night, I asked the young gentleman if I can get a wake up call because I had to get up at 5am and he said sure, I didnt have to use him since I woke up before 5am.

Overall, If you can by pass what the place look like from the outside and up the stairs, it really is NOT a bad place to stay. You would also think that it might not be safe at night. Well it is. I had no run ins with anyone day or night. I would stay here again because my overall experience with the Hostel Staff was GREAT and I know how to get around and whats around there.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank IFlyForWork
Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

First off, this hostel looks like a crack den from the outside, its apprently supposed to be a 'trendy' area, but the dilapidated old WWII factory it was set in, was a graffitied shambles. The 4 flights of stairs you had to get to to reach a door that was labelled ' hostel ' in a smeared red paint that resembled blood that a possessed five year old child had written, smelt every single day like the strongest urine ive ever smelt. When we finally got inside the door, we were told that our reservation was non-existant, when weeks prior to our arrival we had personally sent an email to the owner of the establishment who had replied with a warm welcome explaining to us that our beds were secure and that she couldnt wait for our arrival. After that debacle, the interior of the hostel was some what modern and well organised to the eye, the guy who had checked us in was lovely and there were certainly no complaints about his service, he was most likely the only reason we didnt run screaming out of the door. The next day, we had breakfast which was okay, pretty good value for what you received but there were only 2 showers and one of the showers had no pressure at all, and the other only had enough hot water for one person to shower. Over the next two days, we hadnt seen a single other person staying at the place and we were in a 6 bed dorm alone. To get to the main part of warsaw it was a tram and a metro ride away which was a hassle, and for 2 days we couldnt get there because no one at the hostel spoke well enough english to give us proper directions. There were no restaurants or supermarkets anywhere around the hostel and the hostel itself was in the scariest and most dodgiest part of town, we were afraid to go out after dark. Once we got accustomed to the tram and metro system to the city, no one told us that trams didnt run on weekends so taxi transportation was the only other option since the public bus transportation system has no english. To make matters worse, the employees or whomever run the establishment kept their dogs inside which was fine as we had no problem with pets, but every single time the door opened, or someone in the hostel would move about, the dogs would go absolutely crazy and bark consistently for 10 minutes, they also would hassle you when you sat in the common area whilst eating meals, also me and my fellow traveller woke up consistantly covered in several bite, whether from fleas or bed bugs, is unknown. The corridors also often smelt of heavy ciggerate smoke and one time there was actually ash and a ciggerette butt out the front of a room. The bathrooms overall were cleanly but it took them a few hours to restock toilet paper and hand towels, at one stage there was faeces on the floor of one the stalls that remained there for a few days. When somebody finally checked into our room, they allowed them to check into the room itself at 8am whilst we were asleep which i found was very unprofessional seeing as though she came in the room and open the curtains and the windows and started to unpack loudly. Overall my stay was bareable but i would never stay there again or even recommend anyone to it, it was one of the worst hostels ive ever stayed at, the staff were lovely but unhelpful and didnt understand english at all. I hate to give this a horrible review but people need to get all the information they can and hopefully this hostel can right its wrong and become a very popular and fully functioning hostel for travellers.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank freiadamson

Travellers are raving about these Warsaw hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Located in an up and coming, working class Praga (Polnoc), short bus / tram/ taxi journey from other touristy areas of Warsaw, sits a brand new, unique, loft style hostel, surrounded with local bars, clubs, galleries and eateries. An absolute treasure to backpackers and seasoned globetrotters, who can trust their own means of discovering a complex city like Warsaw.

I used to live just East of the area, which since has seen some improvement, from a commuter's gateway to neighbouring towns and post industrial wasteland to a place where young people want to live, love and party. Yet, the area still resembles the bad old days Praga, but this is why you should come to see this, before it gets ruined with designer boutiques and office building complexes.

The Hostel is located on the 2nd Floor of a pre war factory, converted into funky living quarters, large guest lounge with fully equipped common kitchen. There are several types of your typical hostel rooms, all with shared bathroom facilities, except for one, which I have stayed in. It is a "suite" with separate entrance off the main stairwell, consisting of huge bathroom with bath and sink and an plush armchair (!) and a large living room with two beds, sofa, table, chairs, clothes rack and a dresser. This enormous room with decent size balcony is overlooking the court yard, the party central of the Right Side of Wisla river.

All gay friendly, hip, happening and cheap. The venues are eclectic and depending on the DJ can easily take you on a trip to Berlin or San Francisco. Staff is very attentive and has anything goes attitude. If you are a guest of Hostel Fabryka, you get in to one of them (Saturator) for free.

The owners of both Saturator and Hostel Fabryka (Aneta & Tomasz) will accommodate your requests to make sure you got what you need to kick back and relax. I have hosted a birthday party there (with a pre drinks in the suite) and it was an absolute hit. My guests were allowed to bring their own alcohol to the hostel room and have a proper party on the cheap before heading out to the clubs. Even though this is a non-smoking venue, I was allowed to have them smoke it the large bathroom separated from the main bedroom by two sets of heavy doors. The room was equipped with an old radio, so all you need is to keep it tuned to your favourite music station.

Warsaw's Praga is happening, young and just the place that a Hostel like this has an absolute right to be a huge success. Please do not hesitate, come one, come all... before it turns into something you have seen in your city.

Room Tip: Get the Suite if you plan to have a "non hostel" experience for a hostel price.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank cebulova
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2011

This is a hostel and so much more appropriate for students and backpackers than for business travellers and honeymooners. The place is located in Warsaw's funky Praga district that is a lot of fun for young people. The old town can easily be reached by tram. I thought the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The hostel is located in a larger and rather grim house but itself is very clean and properly equipped. Free stuff includes wi-fi, computers, bed linen and towels. You also get free tea and coffe as well as a modest breakfast with your stay, which is more than most hostels will give you. I found the five-bed room (that I used as a single) very sensible and spacious. The shared bathroom was modern and clean. Sensibly if you're sharing a room with strangers, you get your own locker.

So all in all, if you are travelling on the cheap, this place offers good value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business