“Great meal for our last night in Warsaw”

Restaurant Kultura in Kino
Ranked #223 of 2,707 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our concierge recommended another restaurant for dinner but when we walked in, we did not like the look of it and since it was our last night in Warsaw (and we wanted to eat somewhere nice) we decided to take our chances and find a restaurant ourselves. So glad we came across Kultura - it was exactly the type of place we were looking for! The location is perfect - right across the national theater and about a 3 min walk from the Royal palace. The restaurant has huge windows (we sat by one of them) and the view (especially in the evening with everything lit up) was really beautiful. The decor was funky but nice - crisp white table cloths, etc. Service was very attentive and non-intrusive. And the food was great! We started with salmon tartar, which was very good. And for main dishes my kids had homemade pasta bolognese, my husband had a chicken schnitzel and I had a roasted goose - all of them were really good. And for dessert we got sirniki, chocolate cake and a black forest cake - again, they were all great - I don't even know which one I like better. It was a great meal and one of our favorite in Warsaw - I would definitely recommend this place!

1  Thank Lena A

Reviewed 11 February 2014

A modern style restaurant, a nice place for having lunch during the day. The food is generally good. And the waiters are helpful with the choice of Polish specialities.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Having looked around the Old Town area for somewhere for dinner, and wanting a place serving traditional Polish fayre, we thought we'd give Kultura a visit.
A pleasant welcome and relaxed atmosphere greeted us.
Tasty starters and mains followed, all served with a smile. And the bill was half the price we would have paid in the UK.
We'd definitely return!!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

First of all thanks to the staff for letting us in so late: we arrived at almost 10PM in the middle of the week and were not only allowed to sit but also served with all honors. Note, this is Eastern Europe not Spain and in the middle of a cold winter week, so we did not expect to be seated that night, much appreciated.

I wanted to check this place on a visit to Warsaw as it used to be my favorite cinema when I studied at Warsaw University. The cinema is still there (art/filmhouse) but part of it has been turned into a lovely restaurant. The decor is very good: a graphic mural featuring scenes from famous movies (just black figures with a bit of colour on a white background, very classy and clean). Tables are comfortable, staff attentive, food tasty. I had to face a huge plate of food (be careful if you think salad is a light starter, with them a salad is a proper meal and more than enough), but it went down smoothly.
The place combines the atmosphere of an art place and an elegant bistro.
The best thing is that there really is a movie theatre (Kino) and you can see a movie before or after you meal. A perfect spot for a date for grown-ups.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Enjoyed my meal at the Kultura. I had the zrazy, stuffed steak, which was very tasty. I didn't care for the two sides that came with it and I asked if I could change it and there was no problem at all! Kudos to the restaurant for being flexible, you won a fan!