“Avoid”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Bellini Trattoria - CLOSED

Bellini Trattoria
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vancouver, Canada
“Avoid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I ordered pappardelle which was overcooked, came in all sorts of sizes, not very appetizing and took a long time to get, I thought Magda Gessler had a reputation if being a good Polish chef, Italian is not her strong side
Avoid it

• Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
“Different take on Italian, interesting. Recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

My fiance and I were walking through the Old Town trying to find a nice place to have lunch, we stumbled upon this place and we were both nicely surprised. The had a quite different approach to Bruchetta, which was nice. We both order pasta (which are advertised to me homemade) and they were both delicious, the service was prompt and the quality of food was excellent. This is a very nice place to go if you are looking for something inexpensive, in the city and tasty. Ps: the interior has an amazing setting, even during nice sunny weather I wouldnt mind sitting inside.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ParadiseDonair
UK
“Good atmosphere, ok food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

The cellar makes a great setting, the food was very good and the beer was interesting and tasty, service at time a bit slow but we were early and the evening had not really got going. Worth a visit

Visited April 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Good Italian food on the old town square”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Always a little bit wary about restaurants in the main tourist areas, especially ones with costumed employees trying to get you in. However, the young lad was so nice, we gave it a chance were glad we did.

Lovely cellar bar setting on the Stary Rynek, very good service and excellent Italian food. Particularly good was the Bruschetta with 4 different toppings to start with. My Pizza was very decent, and my wife gave her pasta dish top marks. Prices were reasonable considering the location. 10% service is automatically added to the bill, but this was clearly marked on the menu and bill, so no problem there as the service was excellent.

• Visited April 2013
Maryland
“"Closer" to Fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

I bailed on a free walking tour of old Warsaw when I got hungry and chilly at noon. I was going to pop into the first pizza joint I saw, but I did a quick Yelp search first, and saw that Bellini received 4.5 stars, and it was only about 100 ft down the road.

Yes, the restaurant is on a very touristy plaza, with school kids running everywhere, but you wouldn't know it once you got inside. The restaurant is in the basement--2 flights down from street level--of a lovely brick building. The dining room consists of four parallel rooms separated by archways. One room, closed off when i was there, appears to share the wine cellar. At the other end, and at the other end of the maturity spectrum, is a room with toys designed for kids.

Before I noticed the layout and ambience, I knew that the hostess/waitress looked like someone, but couldn't put my finger on it. Eventually I realized that she looked like Natalie Portman's character from the film "Closer." That's reason enough to dine here, but the food was really quite good. The minestrone soup was hot, full of veggies, and just had a bit of bite. The pizza margarita was large, tasty, and crisp. I washed it all down with green tea, but if you want sugar or milk, you better ask for it. There's none on the table.

Since there were only two other parties in the restaurant, it was very quiet. After glancing at my Warsaw guidebook, I took in the fine brickwork, arches, alcoves, and high, angled mirrors (see photos). Unfortunately, after being served, I didn't see much of the Natalie lookalike. I tracked her down in the kitchen about 30 minutes after finishing the meal--I was in no hurry and appreciated the respite--and paid the check: 50 zl including tip. If you find yourself in the heart of the tourist district at mealtime, this is a solid choice.

Visited April 2013