“Absolutely lovely! !”

Botanical Gardens (Ogrod Botaniczny)
Ranked #78 of 383 things to do in Warsaw
More attraction details
Owner description: Quiet, green gardens in busy downtown Warsaw serve as a relaxing area for afternoon walks and leisurely recreation.
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Very well maintained with a huge variety of beautiful plants. Wonderful spot for photography! Make sure, though, you pay them a visit in the right time as there's only a certain period plants inhabiting the place are in full bloom and colorful glory.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

If you're visiting the local park, this is nice to stroll through while you're there. They have very nice landscaping, fountains, and flowers. And just the right size. Inexpensive to get in too.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

My daughter and I came here, as my husband has very little interest in botanical gardens. These are all outside, and it was a nice break from the heat, as it was much cooler inside the garden walls. It isn't huge, and didn't take us very long to stroll through it. The signs are all mysterious symbols that were explained in Polish at the beginning, but I can't even begin to decipher most Polish, so we just made it a game of "let's find what this is supposed to mean."

Just a note - when we went, the lady at the ticket counter didn't speak any English at all. She didn't want my 20 zloty bill, but she was happy to pick out what money she needed when I dumped all of my change out in front of her. Not in a rude way, I try to never travel rudely. I just got it out to pick through it and see if I had enough, and she found what she needed.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I can understand charging to enter the botanical gardens, but it was not something extraordinary. It is better to visit the park next door which is free...

Reviewed 19 May 2013

At late spring it demonstrates its full beauty: firtly the magnolias and tulips blossom and then, as in this weekend the azaleas, lilacs and rhodondendrons present the extended variety of shapes and colors. Powsin houses also an interesting arborentum and the path containing Polish montaneous plants and trees. In weekends it is a little crody, therefore it is worth to rent a bike from Ursynów and get there from the back side (the gate entrance from powsin Park and not from the bus stop main gate where huge queues to the entrance form). If you like natural beauty it is a must.