“Great and conveninent place to stay!”

Mercure Warszawa Centrum
Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Great place to stay. All the staff was very professional, I call it smiling efficiency, the kind of people you want to meet when you are travelling for business. Perfect room on the 5th floor, not noisy at all. Breakfast was good with a large choice of savoury and sweet dishes. Gym room was clean but perhaps a little small considering all the space available for the "bubbling" tub. I was lucky it wasn't too busy! I just don't understand why the wifi connection is only available on ground and first floor. It's a paying option in the - standard - room. In any case there is a business center just next to the reception with free acces to internet and a very handy printer.
The hotel is a relatively long walk from the old town, but you have the cab option - taxi is not expensive in warsaw - or the bus. If you want to bring back some goodies or some souvenirs, you have one of the best malls in town just in front of the hotel with plenty of restaurants too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
MonikaSzwarc, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for you review posted on the website. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay. It is a pleasure for me reading that you consider our staff professional and efficient. I am also happy to know that the room was very good for you and that the breakfast met you expectations. It is beyond any doubts that the hotel is situated in a very convenient place for travelers. It is close to many main places in Warsaw. Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comment. I will share it with our staff as reinforcement of their efforts in making our guests’ stays memorable. I hope that we will have the opportunity of hosting you again soon.

Monika Szwarc

Write a ReviewReviews (1,997)

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Structurally, a fairly nice Holiday Inn when it comes to Holiday Inns. Very 'Business' oriented. Rooms are good, all basic toiletries provided, including bath robe and slippers. Squeeze soaps and wash cloth. On the first morning the bath squeeze soap was empty and the shower head fell out of the socket which was cracked and no longer had sufficient force to hold the head. Left a note for the maid and all was fixed by the afternoon so good response. Room is air conditioned, but did not work very efficiently as the room became warm at night. Wait staff and front desk staff all speak English and very helpful. Did take a while to get a meal, even when the restaurant was nearly empty. Food was reasonably good with the exception of the salad with chicken, not enough dressing and no dressing choice. The menu is not extensive. Free internet but get kicked out regularly, believe that this is intentional to keep people from being logged in when away.
There was some construction/repairs going on and by 8AM the sound of drills was very noticeable.
Breakfast buffet can be a madhouse around 8 AM. Not much to say about the Breakfast Buffet, fairly standard fare of scrambles eggs, bacon, breads, coldcuts, juices, etc. Coffee machines for making coffee, (must say I miss the personal touch of having someone bring a fresh carafe of coffee). All in all, have had better Breakfast Buffets in smaller chains.
Hotel is right across the street from a fairly nice mall with some decent restaurants…..but, stay away from the AKASHIA (next to the Hard Rock) absolutely the worst meal I’ve ever had. Hana Sushi in the mall, upstairs is much better.
Costs about 30-50 zlotzky from the airport to the hotel, depending on traffic, and, the Airport has the worst currency exchange rates, if you can wait, exchange in town (usually 0.20-0.30 zlotsky more / dollar).

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be noisy as they face a large street.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment regarding your stay with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose out hotel for your future travel needs.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here the night before we flew back to the US. It was a very nice place, clean, and somewhat elegant. The staff spoke English well, and were very nice. The room was clean and roomy, and the bathroom was standard. The only problem was that the night before I arranged for the hotel's taxi to take us to the airport, and the desk staff told me they would bill my room for the fee of the taxi. The next morning the taxi took us to the airport, and when the driver dropped us off, he demanded payment. I explained to him that the desk staff told me my room would be billed. He said I should have gotten a voucher from the desk, which was never mentioned to me the night before or the morning I left. He attempted to call the desk on his phone, but his phone somehow didn't have a good signal. Yeah, right. Downtown Warsaw, and this guy can't get a signal. He tried several times, and finally I decided that instead of wasting time and possibly missing my flight, I told him I would pay. The only problem was that I did not have enough polish money (PLN). I did have enough in Euros, and he accepted payment and gave me a receipt. I still would stay here again, however.

Room Tip: If taking the hotel taxi, ensure they will bill your room, and get a voucher (proof that you pre-pai...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
MonikaSzwarc, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comment. First of all, please accept my apology for the hassle you experienced with the taxi service. I would appreciate if you could contact me so that we would proceed with refunding you the charge for taxi as you paid double. This situation should not have occurred and the communication between Front Office and the taxi drivers should certainly be better. I will pay more attention to it in order to avoid similar situations in the future. I am glad that the situation with taxi has not impacted to your opinion about our hotel and that your overall experience is very good.

Thank you for your stay with us and making us aware about the problem you had. Thanks to your feedback we know where should we focus my attention. I hope that we will see you again soon.

e-mail: h3385-am@orbis.pl
phone no.: 0048 22 697 37 83

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Very convenient location next to Shopping Mall and Central Train Station; Excellent lobby area; free wi-fi in the lobby area; Free computers available for use with printers; Large rooms by European standards; Crisp, clean rooms and bathrooms; Good restaurant; Excellent service at Front Desk (We had an early flight and they provided us with a wonderful Breakfast Box!);

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
MonikaSzwarc, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing hotel and your feedback. I am very happy that you find our team excellent, that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel itself. We do appreciate your view regarding your stay with us because only our guests can tell us if the facilities and service we provide are meeting your expectations and needs. Thank you for choosing us and I hope you will visit us again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

I expected from the Holiday Inn Warsaw to provide me a service which I am used to get in the worldwide chain of the Holiday Inn Hotels. I have chosen the hotel because of the location. Unfortunately, the hotel has completely disappointed me with the extremely poor service. At a reception, there was a trainee who was completely ignorant what to do. The head of the reception, when he appeared after 20 minutes!!!!!, was equally helpless and unfriendly. Any request from me he either ignored or neglected. Instead, he tried to prove me how important is his position in the hotel hierarchy. A door boy was completely useless and even lazy to take my luggage from a taxi. I had to call him twice to collect my luggage. Generally, staff in the hotel always tried to prove me that they are always right and they are not to provide service as requested, but, rather, to "discipline" me. Not a right attitude. Taxis waiting in front of the hotel rip passengers regularly by charging them three (or more times) for every trip. It is very surprising that the hotel still carries the name "Holiday Inn" which is very much misleading to regular guests of the worldwide chain of the Holiday Inn Hotels. Is any rating being conducted to verify whether the Holiday Inn hotel fulfills the criteria set-up by the Holiday Inn Hotels corporation? It seems not, because, otherwise, the Holiday Inn Warsaw should be excluded from the Chain and its name revoked. All together, I have decided not to stay in this hotel any more in future.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel at all. Hilton is much better, staff are friedly, and price is almost the...
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank WalterS293791

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feelings and opinion about your stay with us. I am truly sorry reading that you are so disappointed with our service however I do appreciate your feedback because it will help me to target problem area and focus on its improvement. Therefore, and as it is the first time I have met with such dissatisfaction, I would appreciate if you could contact me at +48 22 697 3783 or h3385-am@orbis.pl. It would be invaluable for us in term of improving our guests’ satisfaction mainly because your experience were so bad that made you post your feedback after almost a year after the last stay. The behavior of the employees is unacceptable and I am very upset that the front desk was empty for so long time because according to our standards there must always be a receptionist present.

I am looking forward receiving a message from you.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 24 September 2011

As a gold member of Holiday Inn loyalty program, I expect superb service. In this respect, Holiday Inn Warsaw was a disappointment. I knew the hotel from visits in the past and choose it because of the location and price (expensive, but cheaper than alternatives). I visited with a business colleague. The first evening it took 30 minutes and 3 demands at the reception before a taxi appeared. The worst experience however was the fitness room: I wanted to work out at 7 a.m, but there was nothing prepared - no light, no water, no cups to drink. When I called the reception, there was water after 10 minutes, but the cups only arrived when I finished my work out. Not the right attitude.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JPB250268
MonikaSzwarc, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing hotel and your feedback. I am sorry reading that you are not satisfied with the service we provide. We do value your membership in Priority Program and the loyalty to the brand. Therefore, I am truly sorry for the disappointment you experienced in our hotel as our goal is to constantly provide superior service and accommodation. We pay great attention to customer service and we appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. For that reason I would like to thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. We will do our best to avoid similar situations in the future. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn.

Reviewed 22 September 2011

Located in the City Center, it has a nice breakfast buffet and good mattresses on the bed, making for a restful sleep. It's located right next to a very large up-scale shopping mall and near the central train station. Trams and buses are at the doorstep making getting around Warsaw quite easy. It's also within walking distance of a really good restaurant serving traditional Polish cuisine, the Folk Gospoda. Loved the pierogies!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank treeface

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and posting your review on TripAdvisor.com. I am glad that you consider our hotel as a very nice one. Indeed, our hotel is located, as you wrote, in a great location. Close to the old town, restaurants, as well as business centre. I am happy to know that you had a nice sleep and started a day with good breakfast and that you overall experience is pleasant. We are looking forward hosting you again soon.

Regards,