“Excellent service and close to Warsaw old town”

Mercure Warsaw Grand
Ranked #14 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Very nice hotel about 15 min walk to Warsaw old town and Royal Castle. Excellent service and all the staff is friendly and offered helpful directions to attractions. I received a free upgrade to a Superior Room. From the hotel, you can walk to all main attractions, except for Luzienki Palace and park for a 10 min bus ride. The superior room was huge enough to do aerobics. Restaurant opens till 2300 and bar serves food till 1AM. I would stay there again if I am in Warsaw. To get there from the airport, a convenient 15 min bus ride on 175 drops you off at the main street. Aleje Jerozomliskie, stop DH SMYK. There, a 5 min walk to the hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Mercure Warsaw Grand

Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in August 2011 as a couple.

We paid around £54 per night for this hotel which was an absolute bargain! This was for a standard twin room (2 single beds pushed together rather than a double). We noted that the "walk-in" rate was the equivalent of around £200 per night for this kind of room. Although I do have to say, I am not sure it is quite worth that.

The hotel itself is very nice indeed. The whole hotel is done out very nicely. It is modern decor with clean lines and just looks very nice. The beds were extremely comfy and had a couple of very good nights' sleep here. The rooms were nice and light and airy and had air con which was welcomed as Warsaw was hot whilst we were there! There was also under floor heating in the bathroom but we didn't really need that at this time of year. The bathroom was lovely with a large shower (big enough for 2) and the shower was a "rain effect" style one which was really nice. Mineral water was provided every day and there were tea and coffee making facilities in the room which was nice. There was also a sauna and gym in the hotel but we did not have time to make the most of those sadly.

There was no wi-fi in the hotel, although there was ethernet connection in the room which I believe was free of charge. I suppose the hotel is perhaps more aimed at business travellers and so for them this would not be an issue.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and could help with all sorts of questions.

The location of the hotel was also good - about a 5 minute walk to the more modern part of Warsaw and a slightly longer walk to the Old Town - maybe 15 minutes, although this was the long way round on the more scenice touristy route which was extremely pleasant.

Warsaw itself is lovely. We had not expected it to be quite so nice. I would like to go back and if I do, I would certainly consider staying in the Mercure Grand again.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KARDJK
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I'm rating on overall experience at this hotel, having stayed there for 3 or 4 business trips, and overall I have always been very happy. Every time I've booked I have been given a great suite. I've stayed in two different types of suite so far, and have enjoyed them both. The decor is modern and minimalist but room service is excellent and bathroom facilities are very good. As compared with the Hyatt, for example, the rooms are bigger, the shower is more powerful and the staff are 10 times friendlier and always eager to please. What I love most about this hotel is the location - right in the heart of the city and just a stone's throw away from terrific restaurants, shops and sights of interest. What I like least about the hotel is the incredibly limited room service menu (especially late night). However, with all the restaurants nearby open through the night, not a huge issue. Big thumbs up for business or leisure! But Mercure, if you're listening, you really need to put more than one computer in a room to call it a "business centre" - and please put the printer back in there!!

Room Tip: Business travellers should book through their company for the best rates
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Loved this hotel. Staff so friendly and very professional. Made us feel very welcome. Room superb. Modern, minimalist, different - shower had a see through glass wall looking out onto the bed! Seemed bizarre but there was a curtain on the outside to pull across. Very comfortable bed. Can't fault this hotel. Excellent proximity to the centre.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Stayed here for two nights with my husband and two year old daughter at the end of a road trip through Poland. The hotel was a bit of a disappointment at the end of a great holiday, there's nothing wrong with the hotel it's just that it's very bland. That said, the lobby is actually quite gaudy, but our room was quite drab. We had a premium room (the best rooms they sell) and the shower was lovely and very large, the room itself was spacious but without actually much furniture, a sofa would have made sense in the large room but just had a tiny table in the corner with two chairs.

Location is ok but not great, as reviewers have said before u need to get a bus if u want to go to the old town and we didn't find it particularly easy to figure the tram/bus out (we're pretty well travelled as well),that said, we hadn't asked the hotel for directions!

The bed was comfortable and I'm sure it's fine for the business traveller, I just wouldn't really recommend it for tourists.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I am a frequent traveller with Mercure hotels
And i had to share my opinion about my last trip to Warsaw Poland.
I had a great time in Warsaw , people are very friendly and fun.
Paulina & Anya i hope we meet again :)
That was one crazy weekend i say
But i have to share with you my opinion about Mercure Grand Hotel.
That was trully the best Mercure hotel i've ever stayed
It looks great , the rooms are very spacious and very modern
Great Showers n rooms , Great staff personell, Completely redesigned interiors
For the money i spent ..
I will definitely come back to Mercure in Warsaw!!!!
Keep up the good work guys

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends