“Best hotel in Warsaw”

Ranked #13 of 124 Hotels in Warsaw
Ottawa
“Best hotel in Warsaw”
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

Last year, we wrote a review copied below, and after having stayed in this hotel for nine nights this year, I cannot add more compliments! Excellent breakfast, very friendly stuff and great locatiom. We have already booked this hotel for the Fall this year and are looking forward to staying there!!!
Lasy year's review:

During my yearly trip to Warsaw, I stayed in several hotels, but last year we stayed for the first time in mercure grand hotel and found it to be the best of all hotels in Warsaw. This year we stayed there again and it is pleasure to say that it is still the best. Very good location, close to the centre of Warsaw, excellent breakfasts, and above all very good, professional and pleasant service! We are sure that next time we will stay again in this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mother Earth
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Nice location . Easy to get to, good breakfast with the usual choice of eggs, breads, fruits and juices. The coffee was great. Only annoying thing was their deposit system, they ask you to leave the equivalent of £50 per day as security against any items from the mini bar. Do they not trust us to pay our bills! Really annoys me.

Other than that it was a great stay. The rooms were big and clean and Warsaw is a cheap city to eat in, there is lots of places of historical interest such as the old town and the Jewish Ghetto etc and the people were friendly. It is also really efficient, we flew in the main airport with Aerosvit and got the train to centre. The hotel was easy to find. We flew out of Modin airport with Wizz Air and got the bus from the mall. All very efficient city with great Eastern European food.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I recently led a rather large group to Poland for a week and we began in Warsaw. I was quite pleased with the Mercure Grand. I stayed in a suite which was quite nice with corner views from a high floor. The hotel offers a great breakfast, decent bar, and good fitness center with steam room. The staff was friendly and very competent. As for location, the hotel is a five minute walk from the palm tree and the beginning of the beautiful walk to the old town so the Royal Castle is about a 20-30 minute walk. This ended up being an excellent choice for our group.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a mercure hotel in paris recently which is one of the reasons why my wife and I chose this hotel.

For a starter, 550zln for three nights was an absolute bargain.

How to get there from Chopin Airport:

This was relatively easy enough. Go outside the arrivals hall and you will see the bus stop. Take the 175 bus towards Centrum and get off at the stop called DH Smyk. Once your there, go back on yourselves and walk down Krucza towards the hotel. 5 minute walk if that. Fare 4,40zln per adult. To get back to the airport at night there is the night bus the N32 - same price and leaves centrum at xx14 and xx44. Takes 15 minutes.

The Hotel:

Initial impressions were very good from the onset, smart entrance clean and tidy and modern looking. Attentive staff that spoke good english. Joanna on reception was most helpful and got us booked in swiftly. Be careful though - they charge you an extra 50zln as a security deposit. But they don't actually take the money out of the bank until you check out! The rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable - with a super king bed unlike the one in paris we stayed in where my feet stuck out the bottom! The shower had good pressure in it and it was hot water on demand! We slept really well on all nights we were at the hotel. The hotel bar is reasonable and some of the dishes are available 24/7. Just ask at reception. We didn't have any major problems at the hotel at all. The only query would be why they "charge" you 50zln extra at the start and then the proper amount at the end? Seems a strange way of paying

Be weary of booking taxi's whilst your here. The hotel will do you their rate at 60zln and various people will charge you 50-60 zln, yet the tariff quite clearly states 4.50zln per km maximum. My advice - take the N32 - much easier!!! And damn cheaper!!

Things to do in Warsaw:

Outside the hotel they have "boris style" bikes. You need to register online for 10zln before you use them but what a wonderul way to see warsaw. We rode all over the old town, stopping at various bars and cafes on the way. And all for pennies. Well worth it.

Definitely go to the old town, the architecture is stunning. The arkadia shopping centre is supposed to be the biggest in europe - but nothing much special.

Overall thumbs up!

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank alexfenlon
GRELATIONS3384, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warsaw Grand, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing a review about your stay at the Mercure Warszawa Grand hotel in Warsaw. Your very nice comments are highly appreciated and they will help us continually to improve our quality.

I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with attentive staff, accommodation, hotel bar and all the services related to it. Also, thank you very much for all additional information including directions to and from the airport as well as bike rental possibilities next to the hotel.
In terms of payment, I would like to explain that the preauthorization procedure is commonly known and used in the hotels.

Above all, we will be very grateful to welcome you again at the Mercure Warszawa Grand hotel in the near future.

Joanna Piotrowska
Guest Relations Manager
London
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed here for a week on Business. It is very close to commercial centre in Warsaw city centre, near Metro Centrum and Train Warszawa Centralna. The room is kept clean, with flat TV, satellite channels, tea / coffee makers, hair dryer, safe,... especially the good ' Rain' shower,..., The reception staff, and the cleaning maids are freindly and helpful. In any case, although toiletries are provided, yet it is suggested to provide shower cap, sanitary bags in the 4-star hotel.

The buffet breakfast is splendid, with all varieties, including hot and cold cuts, ....As we are on Business, together with a quiet room, and good breakfast, we feel energetic every day. The hotel is also very good to Cleaning staff in providing Leaves to them on Easter days, and room cleaning is only done on client's request. During our stay, we visited sightseeing spots by train and metro, as well as visiting the Old town and New town. We will come back in coming year.

Room Tip: quieter side
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank T S L
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed 20 April 2013

A very pleasent surprise. I normally book all hotels by myself however this one was booked by a secretary. I wasn't really pleased with the choice first but couldn't be bothered to change and quite rightly so! This hotel certainly exceeded my expectations. It is an old building which was re-adapted and they did do a wonderful job. Fantastic location, friendly staff, reasonable prices for Warsaw hotels. Great modern decor and LARGE rooms. Staff was very helpful throughout the stay. The only downside is the Wi-Fi which has poor signal in the rooms. I bought the 'premium' internet option but still did not get decent quality of signal in the room and I was on the 3rd floor (out of 8 I believe). However when I went down to the lobby the quality of Wi-fi was great so continued to work from the bar downstairs...!! Would definitely recommend to anyone who wishes to stay in the centre and not pay the typical hefty price. If you stay at this hotel you'll be pleasently surprised.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I requested a non-smoking room (I'm pregnant). Was put on a floor with no smoking signs, but an ashtray in my room and pillows that smelt of smoke. Was told this was a smoking room: never heard of smoking rooms on non-smoking floors before. Otherwise OK: room small and bed not as comfortable as other Mercures I've stayed in but decent breakfast and helpful staff (aside from being put in the wrong room). Did not test other reviewer's complaint about overpriced taxis but there is a taxi rank just outside the hotel and to the right.

1 Thank klaer
GRELATIONS3384, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warsaw Grand, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear Guest,

We are thankful for your opinion regarding your past stay at the Mercure Warszawa Grand.
I am very glad to hear that our breakfast was enjoyable and you found our staff helpful.

At the same time, I am very sorry to hear that the room that was allocated did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies. Please be kindly informed that our hotel offers wide range of rooms staring from Standard rooms and ending on Suites which are equipped with large beds and are very spacious.

Should you decide to visit us again, despite above inconveniences, please do feel free to contact me personally at any time on h3384-gr@accor.com. It would be my pleasure to help you choose best room option and make all necessary arrangements.

I very much hope that we would be given the chance to welcome you back so we could serve you better.

Kindest regards,