“Fantastic value for a wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Mercure Warsaw Grand
Ranked #14 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value for a wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is located a mere 10 minute walk from the main street of the centre of Warsaw as well as from the Culture Palace. We arrived by coach from Modlin airport, which stops right in front of the Culture Palace and from there we did not have to take any further means of transport but just walked to the hotel. The hotel room is like a boutique hotel, very stylish and modern but at the same time quite spacious. The bed is out of this world and one can really relax in this room and is reluctant to leave it! Breakfast was not included in our rate but then the price for the stay was very cheap, so one can afford the extra price for the breakfast. The breakfast itself is really good and one can choose between only cold food or having also the hot dishes (slightly more expensive). There is also a cheaper version, including only coffee, juice and toast with butter and marmalade. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel in Warsaw.

Location
1 Thank Sascha G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Went to Warsaw for a long weekend. Mercure Warszawa Grand was our first choice thanks to its great localisation in the centre of Warsaw as well as an excellent price offered for a room. We booked a Superior room with breakfasts. At our arrival, and thanks to the Le Club Accorhotels Gold membership, our room was upgraded into a Prestige one, absolutely for free. We also received a special VIP treatment, which was a nice addition to an excellent room. Prestige room was nicely decorated and fully equipped, providing us with an amazing living space and beautiful Warsaw skyline view from our windows. Concerning our breakfasts, they were fresh and delicious, with a wide selection of traditional Polish and continental dishes. We also took advantage of hotel's small but well equipped gym as well as its sauna. I definitely recommend this hotel for both a business or pleasure travellers.

Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Robert C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Nice hotell with good service and clean room near to city center, old town and shopping.
A special thanks to Joanna Jannasz (Guest Relations specialist): she answered all our questions, found all information we needed and always wih a smile. Thank you for excelent service! You are realy the right person for this jobb! We are pleased with our weekend in Warszaw and recommend you to visit this nice city and stay at this hotell.
Olga and Lars / Sweden

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GRELATIONS3384, Kierownik at Mercure Warsaw Grand, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Olga and Lars,
I appreciate your comment about the Hotel and about myself. It is always an enormous joy to get such a positive feedback from our guests. It was also my pleasure to help you, to answer your questions and to tell you something interesting about my city. I wish you come back one day so I can serve you again. Good luck.
Joanna Jannasz
Guest Relations Specialist
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed for 3 nights as part of a business school group. The majority of the staff spoke excellent english so there were minimal language barriers. The rooms were slightly smaller than room in the U.S. but much better than London! The hotel is modern, clean and centrally located. Air conditioning didn't work very well, but other than that no issues.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TBtheMBA
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My friends had booked the same hotel but on arrival they were transferred to Mercure Centrum because of a problem with the room. Regardless of leaving me lonely for that night, on checkout, I asked for a hotel transfer so I could meet my friends, for which I was denied. Therefore, I had to pay extra for a taxi fare to the other Mercure because the fault of the hotel. In addition, when I got out of the Hotel Taxi, the driver tried to trick me into paying an extra 10zl over the already inflated price of 25zl (its 2km away).
I would suggest to stay at Centrum instead, as my friends got free breakfast and chocolates on their bed for the same price and I received nothing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank coconutttty
Droitwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Modern hotel with very helpful staff. Clean, comfortable room which was air conditioned with a fantastic drench shower, a fully stocked mini bar and (my common favourite!) tea and coffee....!!!

Decent bar and a very nice breakfast which was well worth the money.

Some nice restaurants within 5-10 minutes walk and about 20 mins to the old town (or 5 mins in a taxi). Overall a good place to stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business