“Beautiful classic hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Vancouver, Canada
“Beautiful classic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Stayed heere for one night (hotel sold out of the rest of our trip). Fantastic hotel in a great location next to the palace on the Royal Way. We stayed here on points and are SPG platinum members. Great service at checkin; we were upgraded to an executive suite on the 4th floor. Nice lobby with the best part being the glass elevators. The room was very nice with separate washroom, separate office and bedroom. Very comfortable bed; shower was better than standard European. We did not eat in the restaurant though did get free drinks in the lounge the first night. As well, the buffet breakfast was one of the best at a hotel we have seen (it was free ... not sure if it is normalkly included). This hotel is beautiful, has alot of history and we would have no problem recommending it to anyone.
Ride from the hotel in taxi was $30 PLN.

Room Tip: enroll in SPG program
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lemeridienbristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice comment on TA following your recent stay at the Bristol. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities.
We are looking forward to welcome you back at the Bristol during your future visits to Warsaw.
Michael Goerdt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Culiacan, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stay on Le Bristol i our family summer trip to Varsovia They said it was one of the best hotels in the wold, around 50s...I dont think it is that hi...Rooms are quite small, If your not in a deluxe room, we also had one of those...doble the are...the service was very goood, the beds were so soft, and the lobby was not that magestic
Ay how.It has a wonderful location, beside the presidencial house and the old town,.So it is a beautiful walking distandce to that beautiful part of the city,, turistic but beautiful...
I will come back if i need to......The breackfast buffet if so good with french press coffee to order....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tanichi
Dear Guest,
I ave just read you comment posted on TA. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad that you appreciated the locationservice and breakfast.
I am aware that the hotel needs an uplift and I am happy to advise you that the major renovation of the property is on its way and hopefully we will again deserve to be listed as one of the top hotels in the world.
Looking forward to welcome you back at the Bristol, one day.
General manager
Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

I personally prefer old grand hotels over the chic ones and that's why I chose Le Meridien Bristol. It mainly met my expectations.

Pros:
- location close to old town and Presidential Palace
- nice, clean and spacious room (with small balcony in which it was not possible to enter though)
- service in general is attentive and helpful (there were few exceptions, see cons)
- hotel's car service to/from airport represents excellent value for money (from airport 105 PLN and to airport 75 PLN)
- staff speaks good English

Cons:
- bathroom is nothing special about with regular Le Meridien bath products
- service at times slow and disinterested: one of the concierges, especially, seemed to be bothered every time Iasked advice, 2 occasions the service in the bar was just fabulous (had the same waiter) but in one evening it was extremely slow (had to wait about 20 mins to get a beer basically in an empty bar)
- you have to order turn down service & slippers - they are not automatically provided
- gym is not much to write about

All in all it's hard for me to complain as I paid only about 80 EUR/night. This is definitely the best hotel I've ever stayed in terms of value for money so I can highly recommend in while in Warsaw.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Heavytraveller73
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write the comment on TA following you stay with us.
I am going to share the good comments with my staff. Taking the opportunity let me address the cons you have mentioned. There are regular Le Meridien bath products in the bathrooms as we belong to Le Meridien chain and we follow Le Meridien standards.
Concierge and F&B staff is usually very efficient and fast however sometimes they are so busy that time is needed to get their full attention. Please accept my apology for the slow service you have experienced. Yes, the turn down service and slippers are on request, its also Le Meridien standard. I only hope you did not have to wait too long ones you have requested these extras.
Our gym is small and cosy which by the majority of our guests is greatly appreciated but its a matter of liking or expectation. The gym is going to be upgraded during the upcoming renovation of the property.
Thank you for recommending the hotel to others and we are looking forward to welcome you back at the Bristol.
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

great location, close to the old town. and also close to transport, If you arrive into warsaw via the airport. The local bus will take you to within 150 meters of the hotel, at the end of the bus line.Bus 175 cost 2.80 zloty. would stay there again. Staff friendly and helpful, room was a decent size. Beds comfortable and the pool and sauna great.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank james s
Lemeridienbristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting such a nice comment on TA page following your stay with us last month. Its my pleasure to read that you liked the location, the service and the product.
One thing which is outdated: the price of bus ticket has changed. Its 3.60PLN from mid-August, still affordaleble, I believe.
Looking forward to welcome you back at the Bristol in the future I remain,
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

My partner and I have stayed been to Warsaw many times over the past 2 years and have stayed at many of the nicer hotels in Warsaw and all have been good. Then we stayed at Le Meridian or locally known as The Bristol and after our first stay we have been back many times.
We love this hotel. The Building is old style and majestic in appearance and the location on the edge of the Old City is perfect, next door to the President's Official Residence. This is a great part of Warsaw and we love walking along to the old city and passing all the lovely street restaurants and places full of people all relaxing and enjoying themselves (weather permitting !!) And always seeing weddings at many of the Churches. Location is just the best !
Back to the Hotel............you walk in and are greeted professionally and personally with a very quick check in and ready with your room. The feel of the hotel inside is of a 5 star but also with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The staff are all very polite and just waiting to be of service to you. But also discreet and not in your face ! Very professional.
Rooms will depend on what you require and your budget but we have found them to be very spacious and clean and with the attention to detail that you want on your trip and stay. The decor of the rooms is traditional and I like that. If you want a funky modern decor then not here !! We like rich furnishings and thick quality traditional style curtains and carpets and furniture. And the bed is so comfortable. (I am fussy about my sleep!) You feel like a Prince! Rooms generally are on the big side. The bathrooms are very big and spacious and part marbled and very bright which is great.
We have used the room service and found them very efficient. They answer the phone with your name and on the second day when I ordered they already knew what I was going to ask for !
We saw the pool which is a good size, some may say small, but looked lovely and inviting, but we didnt have time to try it!
The hotel is busy and always there is some function going on which adds to the charm of the place, but the hotel is large enough that it does not disturb you.
Oh and I forget to mention the corridors are wide and ceilings high.............they have kept the size of the buildings which is rare these days.
What else? nothing more............just try the Hotel once and see...........we did..........and never gone anywhere else since !!
I wont name names but there are a few super staff who always look after us and always try and meet us on our stay just to say hello. Ms J and Ms M ...hehe. So nice to see in such a busy hotel that they take care of all their guests. It is rare these days.
Thats all !! Full marks to the Bristol Meridian !

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lemeridienbristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 29 August 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice and detailed comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at LM Bristol. Such comments as Yours make our work worth all the effort. Our priority is to provide a presonalised service and we are happy to read that You experinced it during Your visit. Please rest assure that I will share the comments with all my staff.
Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcome you back to the Bristol during Your next visits to Warsaw.
Genaral Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed for 4 nights in late July. The location is excellent, close to old town and reasonable distance to new town and southern parts of the royal route. The hotel itself is a bit "shabby chic" as it is kind of rough around the edges. The main hallways to the rooms kept reminding me of a hospital or sanitarium - stark, scuffed, white walls with no art and florescent light. Rooms are basic, bad foam pillows, dingy and worn carpet and funiture. No turn down, which I'd excepted with a purported 5 star hotel. We had the 38 euro (each) breakfast once which was very good, typically european but way overpriced. For a first time visit it was perfect, but if I find myself returning I would definately look at others.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank geodog88
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting the comment on Trip Advisor following your stay at LM Bristol last July. I am glad you liked the location although, to be honest, its not to our credit as the decision to build the hotel in this place was taken 110 years ago by the first owners.
I must agree that there are places in the hotel which need an upgrade and we lift them up piece by pieces hoping to conclude the process in the near future. The majority of our guests appreciate the comfort of our beds however it is a matter of liking.
I hope you will reconsider your decision to try other places during your next visit to Warsaw and we will have the pleasure to welcome you back at the Bristol in the near future.
Summit, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

As a hotel investment professional, and formerly with the private equity firm that created SH&R back in the late 1990s, my expectations are high and I may be a little more critical than others. But if a hotel is designated 5-stars, then all guests' expectations should be high. Firstly, my wife and I had a lovely stay at the Le Meridien Bristol. It is in a great location and the historical property has been well renovated. Our room (222) was an interior courtyard facing, standard queen and it was perfectly intimate for us two. We stayed from Friday until checkout Sunday. I am writing this review 2 hours before we leave. I chose the Bristol over the Le Regina MaMaison because I am an SPG member. Both had similar rates, and after visiting the lobby of that hotel (but not seeing the rooms), I will consider staying there the next time. Note: I chose not to call the front desk to deal with any of the issues I noted below because my wife and I wanted a tranquil weekend together and my wife brings her own Kiehls bath products.

My only critiques that should are: 1) I flew in from London late Friday and got the hotel after midnight. My wife had arrived earlier and checked in, but I had to sign in because I booked the room and for some reason the desk took awhile to complete that simple task (note: I am American and my wife who was with me is Polish, and so there was no language issue); 2) The room had no Shower Gel (I didn't call and used the bar soap which was fine); 3) Shower Gel was provided the next day after the regular maid service, but it was only half a bottle!, 4) The grout around the tiles in the bath tub/shower had mildew (that is unacceptable, and was never cleaned); 5) There was a long scratch on the closet door about 25cm long (looks like from the hotel cart) that should have been painted over and not left so prominently in view; 6) There was a round 7-8cm stain at the foot of the TV cabinet; and 7) as an SPG member I requested a late checkout at 2pm, but was told that I can have until 1pm for free and 2pm for an additional 40 zloty (even though I doubt the occupancy was very high given my excellent rate). I told them I am leaving at 1pm. I took photos of the scratch, tiles and stain, but chose not to post them.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple