“Classical and historical hotel with fabulous service!”

Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 23 September 2011

What a lovely suprise to find that the Bristol was one of the few buildings that survived the atrocities committed against the people and city of Warsaw during WWII. The refurbishment undertaken by the early Forte group made it possible for this "Grand Dame", to quote another reviewer, to be enjoyed by visitors today. But what impressed me even more than the building and location itself, is the fabulous service. All the staff from the Reception to the most gracious maitre d at the breakfast room could not have been more courteous and efficient! In addition, the rooms were spacious as were the modern bathrooms. I fell in love with the Polish people and already plan to return for the Euro Cup 2012 and stay at the Bristol!

1  Thank 1954WorldTraveller
Write a ReviewReviews (2,218)

Reviewed 9 September 2011

I liked my stay in this hotel. When you enter the hall during the night the lighting is very sad , but the room was clean and quiet. It's very nice to have dinner in the terrace, but unfortunately the terrace is closed at breakfast...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Lemeridienbristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share with others you experience following your recent stay at Le Meridien Bristol.
I am glad to hear that you liked the room and would like to explain that we dim the lights in the lobby on purpose in the evening.
We keep the terrace closed at breakfast only when the weather forecast says that its going to rain or when its too cold to invite guests to seat outside.
We are looking forward to welcome you back at the Bristol, hopefully when the weather improves.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2011

A 2 minute walk from the castle, this hotel is really well situated, right in the centre of Warsaw's nightlife and shopping avenue. Architecture is stunning, rooms spacious and well appointed, conference facilities verstile and food outstanding. Welle worth a stay!

Dear Guest,
I am really happy to read your comment posted on TA following you stay with us ealier this month. Thank you.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back at the Bristol during your future trips to Warsaw.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

I have stayed at the Bristol half a dozen times in the last couple of years, and I've also stayed at the Mamason Regina, the Rialto and Polonia Palace. All of those are nice but the reason I keep coming back to the Bristol is the atmosphere and the spacious rooms. Service is very good and the concierge desk is helpful. I do not have the breakfast as I think it is way too overpriced, and prefer to go to the Viennese style cafe or else go out to one of the many surrounding places. Location is ideal for a walk to the Old Town or down the Royal Route. I have never eaten dinner in the restaurant but the bar is lovely.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
It is my pleasure to read a review like the one you have recently posted on TA following your stay at Le Meridien Bristol. Thank you for making the effort to write it. Please rest assured that I share all the comments with my associates.
I am happy to advise you that the hotel, which you describe as a little faded, is going to be throughly renovated in the near future.
I hope that you will give us a chance to welcome you back at the Bristol upon your next visits to Warsaw.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Stayed heere for one night (hotel sold out of the rest of our trip). Fantastic hotel in a great location next to the palace on the Royal Way. We stayed here on points and are SPG platinum members. Great service at checkin; we were upgraded to an executive suite on the 4th floor. Nice lobby with the best part being the glass elevators. The room was very nice with separate washroom, separate office and bedroom. Very comfortable bed; shower was better than standard European. We did not eat in the restaurant though did get free drinks in the lounge the first night. As well, the buffet breakfast was one of the best at a hotel we have seen (it was free ... not sure if it is normalkly included). This hotel is beautiful, has alot of history and we would have no problem recommending it to anyone.
Ride from the hotel in taxi was $30 PLN.

Room Tip: enroll in SPG program
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice comment on TA following your recent stay at the Bristol. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities.
We are looking forward to welcome you back at the Bristol during your future visits to Warsaw.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stay on Le Bristol i our family summer trip to Varsovia They said it was one of the best hotels in the wold, around 50s...I dont think it is that hi...Rooms are quite small, If your not in a deluxe room, we also had one of those...doble the are...the service was very goood, the beds were so soft, and the lobby was not that magestic
Ay how.It has a wonderful location, beside the presidencial house and the old town,.So it is a beautiful walking distandce to that beautiful part of the city,, turistic but beautiful...
I will come back if i need to......The breackfast buffet if so good with french press coffee to order....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tanichi

Dear Guest,
I ave just read you comment posted on TA. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad that you appreciated the locationservice and breakfast.
I am aware that the hotel needs an uplift and I am happy to advise you that the major renovation of the property is on its way and hopefully we will again deserve to be listed as one of the top hotels in the world.
Looking forward to welcome you back at the Bristol, one day.
General manager

Reviewed 2 September 2011

I personally prefer old grand hotels over the chic ones and that's why I chose Le Meridien Bristol. It mainly met my expectations.

Pros:
- location close to old town and Presidential Palace
- nice, clean and spacious room (with small balcony in which it was not possible to enter though)
- service in general is attentive and helpful (there were few exceptions, see cons)
- hotel's car service to/from airport represents excellent value for money (from airport 105 PLN and to airport 75 PLN)
- staff speaks good English

Cons:
- bathroom is nothing special about with regular Le Meridien bath products
- service at times slow and disinterested: one of the concierges, especially, seemed to be bothered every time Iasked advice, 2 occasions the service in the bar was just fabulous (had the same waiter) but in one evening it was extremely slow (had to wait about 20 mins to get a beer basically in an empty bar)
- you have to order turn down service & slippers - they are not automatically provided
- gym is not much to write about

All in all it's hard for me to complain as I paid only about 80 EUR/night. This is definitely the best hotel I've ever stayed in terms of value for money so I can highly recommend in while in Warsaw.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Heavytraveller73

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write the comment on TA following you stay with us.
I am going to share the good comments with my staff. Taking the opportunity let me address the cons you have mentioned. There are regular Le Meridien bath products in the bathrooms as we belong to Le Meridien chain and we follow Le Meridien standards.
Concierge and F&B staff is usually very efficient and fast however sometimes they are so busy that time is needed to get their full attention. Please accept my apology for the slow service you have experienced. Yes, the turn down service and slippers are on request, its also Le Meridien standard. I only hope you did not have to wait too long ones you have requested these extras.
Our gym is small and cosy which by the majority of our guests is greatly appreciated but its a matter of liking or expectation. The gym is going to be upgraded during the upcoming renovation of the property.
Thank you for recommending the hotel to others and we are looking forward to welcome you back at the Bristol.