“one of my favourite hotels in the world”

Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #4 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
“one of my favourite hotels in the world”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Have stayed here numerous times over the last decade or so and have always loved the individuality of the various rooms and suites. Mainly stayed as a single, business traveller and felt fully relaxed. and at home in its grand but comfortable environment.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Peter F,
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments.

I am pleased to learn you enjoyed our rooms and felt like being at home.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol during your next visit to Warsaw.

Andrew Henning

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Excellent hotel ! location brilliant right in the old town, room was lovely and comfortable very clean, nice view from room, breakfast fantastic everything you could want, staff very helpful overall excellent experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear 587Ann,

Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Warsaw as we are very lucky with our location.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol again.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We redeemed starwoods points and had a suite upgrade due to platinum status so can't speak to it's value but if it's within your budget don't hesitate to stay here. Very central in beautiful downtown Warsaw, so gorgeous this time of year. Great breakfast, my wife used the fitness facilities and was very satisfied, wouldn't hesitate to return

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear JK1975_11,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Hotel Bristol.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us especially as one of our valued SPG guests.

I do look forward to welcoming you and your wife again in our hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Travelling to Warsaw for the first time we were a little unsure of what to expect in terms of what the city,hotel and people would offer,however we were soon pleasantly surprised by the charm and sophistication of this fast becoming modern city.

The city itself boasts beautiful wide boulevards and has a vibrant feel to it.

The hotel Bristol is a beautiful building which has been renovated in a crisp contemporary style which gives it a clean and modern feel.

It is located next to the presidential palace and in close proximity to the old town. It is also within a short walking distance to shops,restaurants and other attractions.

We found the front of house service to be reasonably good,although the food menu's that we chose from were a little basic and lacked the sophistication of luxury hotels in other EU cities we have visited.

In addition some of the staff appeared a little blank and flat in their demeanour when conversing with us and at times we wondered if they understood what we were talking about. It felt as though silence and a blank stare was better than asking us to repeat the question or explain.

That being said, there were a number of happy smiling staff, which served to illustrate a difference in the levels of front of house culture instead of a uniform level.

Our suite was beautifully appointed and featured 2 large flatscreen TV's as well as a great view of the park next door and down the wide boulevarde that fronts the hotel.

The suite was spacious and well appointed with all of the niceties that you would expect from a luxury hotel.

We visited 2 bars in the hotel, one being in the front of the building facing the street where you can sit and watch the world go by. The also have tables and chairs out the front of the hotel so you can sit outside on pleasant days. The other bar we visited was open until very late and was quite comfortable and modern.

Whilst Wi Fi is not normally free, it is for Starwood preferred guests who have attained at least Gold Status and the connection is solid and fast.

If we stayed in Warsaw again we would definately choose this hotel as the property is of high quality and the location is fantastic.

7 out of 10 from me due to the varying nature of the front of house culture. - "needs a check up from the neck up" compared with other luxury hotels around the world.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RelaxWithMax
Dear RelaxWithMax,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent visit with us in Hotel Bristol.

I am very happy to be reading your kind comments about our central location, renovated building, accommodation, as well as Column Bar and Bristol Wine Bar.

However I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with some service provided. We appreciate comments from our Guests as these opinions are crucial for us to make service better each day, therefore we will investigate that matter carefully.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us in Warsaw.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Let me be brief about this.

Positives:
1) Beautiful building and decor
2) Excellent location, close to Old Town
3) Good value for money
4) Spacious rooms

Negatives:
1) You have to pay for WiFi in the rooms?
2) A buzzing radiator in the room kept me awake
3) Terrible waiters in the restaurant, quite expensive and very poor food.
4) Reception staff is forgetful with poor customer service

Let me tell you about my 35th birthday dinner in their hotel restaurant The Marconi:
I had obviously been looking forward to this all day, unfortunately it took a waiter 30 mins to give us a drinks menu and another 20 mins to get us 2 glasses of Champagne.. (there were 8 tables at the time). I ordered the pheasant which was dry and grey so I sent it back. I asked for a recommendation and was told the venison so I ordered that.
I told the waiter I had a nut allergy and he said "ok, fine". ( there were nuts on the venison dish on the menu)
Another waiter shows up with my dish and I ask what the crumbs on the dish was- "It's nuts!" I was told in a cheerful voice. I then tell her I am allergic and that I also told the original waiter this. She leaves the plate sitting there in my face while fetching the original waiter who when I confront him about it simply tells me " well I wasn't the one serving it to you". No apology, just a shrug. I then decide to leave the restaurant and I hear another couple telling me they have had a terrible evening too... Needless to say I had to order a very expensive sandwich from the room service and had a very sad birthday indeed.

I can also mention I was promised a birthday drink from the reception which never showed up.

So in short I recommend the hotel itself but stay clear of the restaurant....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lingonberry78
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Lingonberry78,
Thank you for a review of Hotel Bristol. We do value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative.

I am happy that you found some aspects to be positive, like our excellent location, decor as well as spacious rooms. However I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your birthday dinner and the service provided on that evening.

This is most definitely not the experience we want our guests to have nor the standard to which we aspire to deliver and I can assure you this is not our normal level of service. It is understandable that you are reluctant to return to Hotel Bristol however I would like to restore your faith in our service.

I would encourage you to contact me directly to discuss this so I may have the opportunity to restore your faith in Hotel Bristol.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Fantastic hotel. Welcoming efficient and great staff. Housekeeping very detailed and room immaculate. Great location and quiet too. Can recommend the massage too.
Would have been good to have free wifi in room.Otherwise no faults!

Room Tip: Standard room was lovely and excellent bathroom and housekeeping.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear GrahamandRachel_42,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent visit to our hotel.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our central location and massage in Pool&Gym. Moreover, I do appreciate your kind comment about our efficient and well trained associates and I will be more than happy to pass your positive comments to the team.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed for 4 days in October 2013. The hotel is wonderful. A nice building, very well trained staff and nice food and drinks. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the hotel is in a great location for the old town and other major attractions. Both bars are nice and the Café was absolutely stunning. A great room with truly interesting patisserie and very good service. Only 2 things stopped me from giving this hotel 5 stars ( a rare accolade from me). Firstly, the fact that the hotel charges for WIFI in the guest rooms is an absolute insult in this day and age of always connected and social media. We all know how cheap WIFI products and services are so why feel the need to try and "rip off2 he non business customer even more? Secondly, the absolutely ridiculously uncomfortable bar stools in the small wine bar. A lovely bar with views on to the main road but those bar stools! Maybe it is my age but I could not get comfortable on them at all. they look very "trendy2 but are designed so that you slide forward and off the stool at the slightest opportunity. So, we loved the hotel and have talked about it lots since we returned but we cannot forgive the charging for WIFI and the stupid bar stools.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James B
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear JamesTrip2011,

I am very happy to be reading your kind comments about service provided especially the service in the Marconi Restaurant, Column Bar and Café Bristol.

However I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with bar stools in our Bristol Wine Bar. We appreciate comments from our Guests as these opinions are crucial for us to make service better each day. Please note for future stays that we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi in all our public areas.