“Beautiful hotel, very good value” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #7 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel, very good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here one night on business - arriving quite late and leaving early, so feedback is limited to arrival, evening snack meal in the bar and the bedroom.

It's a beautiful building inside and out in a pretty quiet street. Despite being mid January, all the Christmas lights were on and the snow was falling so it looked very attractive. The reception welcome was warm (although they managed to misspell the printed names on the reservation and they apologised).

The bedroom was large, comfortable and warm, without being too hot. Very comfortable bed, big screen TV, ipod dock, complimentary water, well-lit, superfast free wifi (I was getting over 24mb download after a quick registration) and very, very clean. My room looked out over an internal courtyard so it was very quiet indeed; and the efficient AC kept it comfortable without any noise. The only very slight niggle was that the water pressure was a little weak (I was on the 3rd floor). I'd still give the room 5 stars.

We had a late night snack meal in the very attractive bar area - very high, art-deco style ceilings with attractive, comfortable seats and effective lighting. The food was good - a decent Caesar salad for 29 zloty - about £7/£8 and brought within about 15 minutes. It was a little chilly where we sat but not a big deal. And the bartender came over to refill glasses and offer more drinks - so polite and friendly. I'd give that experience 5 stars as well.

Checkout was smooth and friendly.

Whilst Polish hotel prices are not the same as Western Europe, this hotel was easily a third to a quarter of the price of what the same quality would have been in London or Paris. So excellent value.

It's about 10km from the airport - so allow about 20-25 minutes to transfer. Other hotels are closer to the business park near the airport but this is a really excellent hotel offering great value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the inner courtyard... very quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank deehell
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Deehell,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and for your kind words after your stay at Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Warsaw recently. We are very fortunate to have such a central location and a renovated building with history and charm.
Moreover, I do appreciate your kind comment about our efficient and well trained associates and I will be more than happy to pass your positive comments to the team, especially Front Office and the bartender from the Column Bar.

It was our pleasure to have you and your husband as our guests and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Andrew Henning

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Walking distance from the old city is always good, next door to the president's palace is also good and some lovely buildings and restaurants in the area, makes it a very well located hotel. The wine bar is great as well. The breakfast is great, but costs more than breakfast at the Wolseley in London.
HOWEVER the building is definitely not a Bristol hotel standard and add to this terrible service, outrageous pricing of food and drink in the hotel, shockingly slow internet connection (if you want faster speeds you have to pay through your nose). The elevators are old and run down and the maintenance of the property is bad.
In my opinion, disappointing!

Room Tip: I found the bed to be very comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank amirongo
Dear Amirongo,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent visit with us in Hotel Bristol.

I am very happy to be reading your kind comments about our central location, accommodation, as well as breakfast in Marconi Restaurant and Bristol Wine Bar.

However I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with some service provided. We appreciate comments from our Guests as these opinions are crucial for us to make service better each day.

The majority of our customers love our vintage and historical elevators which are in fact protected by The Historical Conservation Office of Poland. Of course they operate to the strict high standards expected and are professional maintained on regular basis.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us in Warsaw.

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

My wife and I stayed there in Jan14' for 2 nights. The location was great and the staff was great. But you decide if what happened to us was right. We stayed in room 301 which faced the the little park. On our 2nd night and last night there was loud booming music coing from somwhere still at 2 am. I finally called the front desk and it took 20 minutes to stop. Come to find out there conference room was on the second floor right under our bed! It hard to believe the staff who was on duty would allow that to go on at 2 am.
Furthermore, They wanted 20.00 U.S. for 24 hrs use of the internet...the city provides free internet...so we did not have to pay their outragous fee. My wife watched 2 movies...one was 10 and the other was 20 U.S. dollars. A we bit steep in our opinion.

But to sum it up...I can not get over how they would allow that noise so late while guests are trying to sleep.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 2nd and 3rd floors due to the noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank KimHar2016
Dear Gogle1965,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent visit in Hotel Bristol, we find it very helpful. We always aim at delivering highest quality service and experience, therefore I am sorry to hear that you have faced difficulties during your stay.

It is crucial to us to make sure that our guests are satisfied with their choice. Your experience is a key priority, so again, I apologise for the inconveniences caused by other guests, but I am happy our Front Office team managed to resolve the issue.

This is most definitely not the experience we want our guests to have nor the standard to which we aspire to deliver and I can assure you this is not our normal level of service. It is understandable that you are reluctant to return to Hotel Bristol however I would like to restore your faith in our service. Please contact me directly for your future reservations.

Thank you again for your comments, we are happy you overall enjoyed the hotel.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Fantastic location and very good service. Everybody was smiling and helpful. Before my arrival I had a lot of help from the consierge who got back to me with minimum waiting time.

A couple of misses though.... I had requested a quiet room away from the elevator, but got a room just across it. The elevator wasn't noisy though, but people getting off the elevator could be clearly heard on the marble floor. Marvellous beds.

The breakfast was good and the Sunday brunch that was fantastic, but otherwise the food at the hotel didn't live up to expectations.

The wellness area was equipped with VERY good sauna and steam bath.

I will definately stay there next time I am in Warsaw, though without the meals.

Room Tip: At the moment construction on one side of the hotel, be sure to face one of the other sides.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pia1966
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Pia1966,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your kind words after your recent stay at Hotel Bristol.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our central location, beds, Sunday brunch in Marconi Restaurant and sauna and steam bath in Pool&Gym. Moreover, I do appreciate your kind comment about our smiling and helpful associates and I will be more than happy to pass your positive comments to the team, especially the Concierge.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol during your next visit to Warsaw.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I regularly stay here on my business trips to Warsaw.
I love the big comfy beds in the classically beautiful rooms.
Breakfast buffet is fabulous and also has some great Polish specialities. Lunch and dinner are also fantastic.
The bar is beautiful, very art deco.
Service is always impeccable.
Location close to old town and within walking distance to some great bars and restaurants.
Well worth staying here as a tourist or business traveller.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank trip-chick-munich
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Trip-chick-munich,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our central location and beautiful rooms. Moreover, I do appreciate your kind comment about our efficient and well trained associates and I will be more than happy to pass your positive comments to the team.

I am delighted that you keep enjoying your stay with us especially as one of our guests who is a frequent traveler and visit us often.

I do look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in Bristol hotel for a week from dec 29 till jan 5 2014 the staff are very polite and helpful, clean room and spacious daily cleaned and daily follow up from z floor manager, breakfast is classy and luxury the drink in z long bar are highly recommended, cakes in coffee shop have a secret taste.
The hotel have a great location next door to the presidential palace, less then 10 minutes walking to the old town and ten minutes also to the center of the city.
the hotel is highly recomaneded i believe it is number one in warsaw

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nhammouni
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Nhammouni,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us.

I am delighted to be reading your comments, lovely words like yours make our hard work worthwhile. I am very happy to read that the team helped you enjoy your time in the hotel. I am also glad you found our location, Café Bristol and Column Bar excellent.

Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol again.

Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

stayed at hotel over new year period i have no criticism of this hotel it had everything to offer the staff were very helpful the cleanliness was outstanding and the rooms were extremely comfortable the hotel also features a wine bar coctail bar and the delicious bristol cafe it is in the centre of warsaw and handy for all the attractions and sightseeing this must rank as one of the best hotels ihave stayed in i also visited two restaurants whilst in warsaw u fukiera and dawne smaki both serving polish food of the highest quality and both a short walk from the hotel the warsaw uprising museum is also worth a visit as it shows you what the varsovians had to endure and how this city has been rebuilt

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 130campbell11
Dear 130campbell11,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us in Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit while you were with us and that you liked our refurbished hotel and great central location. We are very fortunate to have such a historical Café Bristol and Column Bar. I am glad that you were happy with your food and service provided and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team.