“Great hotel in fab location to old town” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #7 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Workington, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in fab location to old town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Picked up a great price on this hotel booking through Ryanair on a recent trip. First trip to Warsaw and loved. Arriving at the hotel we were very impressed. Beautiful building only 5 mins walk from the old town. Didn't have time to check out the leisure facilities so cant comment on them but everything in the hotel was top notch. Very friendly staff, great breakfast and beautifully furnished rooms and communal areas. Will definitely revisit and stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Lesley O,
Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Warsaw recently, as we are very fortune with our central location and refurbished building.

Additionally I am glad that you were happy with rooms, breakfast in Marconi Restaurant, interior design and service provided.

I do look forward to welcoming you back again to Hotel Bristol in Warsaw soon.

Andrew Henning

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

It is beautiful expensive hotel but need renovation. It is highly recommended for those guests with kids. Within walking distance to old town and historical sites. It has nice selection of Breakfast. Wifi comes with additional cost.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sharaf2,
Thank you for a review of Hotel Bristol.

We do value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative. I am happy that you found some aspects to be positive, like our great location, style of our hotel and the breakfast in Marconi Restaurant.

Please be informed that we are constantly in process of changes for our guests to make their stay even more pleasant.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Bristol.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel was exceptional. It was nicely appointed and the staff were very friendly, unlike most of the other people I met in Warsaw, sadly. I have very little negative to say about the hotel and plenty of positives, so let me get the negatives out of the way. The first room I was assigned had an annoying clicking from the heating/cooling system. They had to move me to a different room, which ended up being a corner suite upgrade. It was very nice, pretty large room. However, I made the mistake of requesting an outside room, one that was facing the street (so I could enjoy the view) ... well, this being a very old hotel, the windows are not exactly sound proof, so the street noise was present and it didn't help matters much that they are doing construction on the building across the street. Overall it wasn't too bad and didn't affect my sleep much, but in retrospect I should have stayed on an inner courtyard room.

The gym/pool place down stairs also offered massages, but it's impossible to get one when you want one, you have to schedule a couple days in advance apparently. Makes it kinda pointless for a business traveler, but I suppose if you're staying there for a week or something, it might be ok (not sure why you'd want to do that, though).

That's about it for the negatives. The hotel is in a good location for walking to old town or walking to Stalin's Erection (Palace of Culture) and the surrounding area. It's in a nice, trendy location, lots of food and shops around in both directions out of the door. The restaurant in the hotel is kind of small, so make reservations... but the food is very good. The cafe has some fantastic zurek soup, which I highly recommend trying, and the country breakfast is pretty good as well... bacon for days!

The beds were comfortable, and the pillows were all feather pillows. If you want hypoallergenic pillows, you can request them, but they are kinda lumpy, but serviceable.

I did not watch any TV, so I don't know how that is. Show always had hot water and decent water pressure.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Pick and inside, courtyard view room if you can. You miss the view, but the noise is much less and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Josh Z
Dear Josh Z,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent visit with us in Hotel Bristol.

We are very fortunate to have such a renovated building in a great central location. I am also glad that you were happy with food at Café Bristol, as well as beds and feather pillows.

However I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with the noise from the street. In front of our Hotel there is a pedestrian street with limited permission for public transport only, therefore we do not have problem with noise other than construction across the street. For future stays please contact me directly so we may allocate you in a room overlooking a quiet park or our internal patio.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us in Warsaw.

Georgetown, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We followed much of the map in Alan Furst's book, "The Spies of Warsaw" and ducked into the Hotel Bristol Wine Bar during a rain storm for lunch, glad we did. Its right next to the Presidential Palace, and the Wine Bar's windows overlook the renovation site of the old "Hotel Europejski". Both of these hotels played a prominent role in the book. We each had a couple of glasses of some excellent wine and "the ravioli of the day", a very tasty choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear David B,
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts after you visit to Bristol Wine Bar.

I am delighted to hear your visit was pleasant and that you and your friend have enjoyed lunch and wines in our Wine Bar.

We are very fortunate to have such a renovated building with its history and charm in central location and I look forward to welcoming you back in the Bristol Wine Bar again.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Earlier this month (May) I stayed in Bristol Hotel during my business trip. The location was great and the area had all the important facilities one would want for business. It is a grand hotel. The room attendent who served my room on the 7th floor was very good and a happy girl which was nice to see a smiling face as you started the business day. The breakfast was good but I wished the service was done also with pleasantly smiling girls. I was disapointed in the SPA and exercise section because it was too small and full of children in the sauna area which made it dificult to relax. But that was on a sunday and I understood later it was because they have a very good brunch which attracts a lot of families. The linousine service was very good and the drivers were polite and spoke good English. I liked the hotel but I think it neads a face lift of the public areas. As it was my first time in Warsow I think if I go there again I will try another hotel to campare the services..

Room Tip: 7th floor rooms have good views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Simalsi,
Thank you for a review of Hotel Bristol. We do value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative.

I am happy that you found some aspects to be positive, like our excellent location, car transfer as well as housekeeping associate. However I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with SPA area being crowded and the service provided during breakfast in Marconi Restaurant.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and hope to welcome you again in our hotel one day.

Southern Finland, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at Bristol again, this time unfortunately only one night. As always, especially the breakfast was excellent. This time I had an executive room on the ”Royal Route side”. Nothing special to cry over, but the WiFi-connection could be better.

Room Tip: Executive rooms have the WiFi connection free of charge
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Masamoukari,
Thank you for a review of Hotel Bristol, especially as our returning guest.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your visit while you were with us and that you liked breakfast in Marconi Restaurant. However I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with the WiFi connection.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Bristol.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed there for a business trip. The rooms are nice, decorated a bit over the top in a classic style, but with attention to detail.
Breakfast is great.
The location fits both business travellers and tourists. It is close to the old city area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tudor R,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us in Hotel Bristol.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your visit while you were with us and that you liked our rooms, décor, excellent central location and breakfast in Marconi Restaurant.

Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol again.