“I feel like a queen...”

Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 16 July 2014

If you can afford this hotel, The Hotel Bristol is the best place to stay in Warsaw. Period. I was born in Warsaw and have been back to see my family many times. The hotel underwent a major renovation a few years ago. This "Grand Dame" was looking a bit weathered and tired, but now is back to her former glory. Service: impeccable. Food including breakfast: a gastronomical delight. Location: perfect, close to old town, restaurants, main thoroughfare of Warsaw, etc. Rooms: clean and huge if you can get a suite, quiet at night due to limited traffic on main road out front. Workout room: a bit small, but typical of european hotels. Worth every penny in my opinion!

Room Tip: best views are in the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Exobscurislux,
Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of Hotel Bristol, Warsaw.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited us recently. Indeed we are very fortune with our central location and refurbished building. Additionally I am glad that you were happy with rooms, breakfast in Marconi Restaurant and service provided.

I do look forward to welcoming you back whenever you will be visiting your family again.

Andrew Henning

Write a ReviewReviews (2,217)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here with my Girlfriend for a long weekend. Its the best location in Warsaw, a stones throw from almost every attraction. Staff were polite and helpful. The bar outside it also very nice though slightly more expensive than those surrounding it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Gibran608,
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your visit while you were with us and that you liked our great central location, Bristol Wine Bar with its nice terraces as well as service provided.

Thank you again for your kind recommendation and I do look forward to welcoming you and your girlfriend back to Hotel Bristol, Warsaw again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My partner and I spent four nights at the Bristol in early June and really enjoyed our stay. It's a beautiful hotel: chic, clean, comfortable, pristine. After traveling for more than three weeks and staying in a combo of Airbnb properties and three-star hotels, I was more than happy to indulge in the luxury of this five-star property. In fact, our first night there, I slept better than I had in weeks, most likely due to the incredibly comfy bed! Our room featured an amazing bathtub and great bath products, and the customer service was very good overall. Plus, the central location, right at the edge of the Old Town, is ideal. What we didn't appreciate about the hotel were the exorbitant additional charges for breakfast and wi-fi. Out of 10 hotels I stayed at on my recent trip, this was the only one that didn't offer free wi-fi and complimentary breakfast (apparently that's the main difference between five-star hotels and their three- and four-star counterparts). The wi-fi charge was especially onerous because the wi-fi in our room didn't even work. Luckily, the front-desk staff handled the situation well, first offering us another room (we declined) and then agreeing to reimburse us for the wi-fi charge. They even brought up a complimentary bottle of wine to compensate us for the inconvenience, which was very thoughtful. Still, not having wi-fi access in our room was a mild annoyance. As for breakfast...we immediately balked at the prices for the buffet breakfast served in the hotel restaurant (I forget the exact price, but I believe they were somewhere around $25-$30 per person) and instead went every morning to the hotel cafe, where we got a perfectly hearty and delicious breakfast for about half the price. But aside from the add-on charges and the non-working wi-fi, we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Bristol and would definitely stay there again if we ever returned to Warsaw.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank briguy2006
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Briguy2006,
Thank you for a review of Hotel Bristol. We do value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as this is the only way to ensure we continue to grow and evolve as a business.

I am happy that you found some aspects to be positive, like our great location, comfortable bed, bathtub, bathroom amenities and service provided.

I am disappointed to hear that you had some issues during your stay with WiFi and you were unhappy with the price for WiFi and breakfast. However I am pleased that our Front Office Associate managed to resolved the situation as well as the fact that you have enjoyed breakfast in Café Bristol.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your partner back to Hotel Bristol and do feel free to contact me directly for any future reservations.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

It is just a marvelous hotel as long as you get superior room. Decoration is great. Entrance hall and bar are my favorites. Bath room could be updated cause shower isn´t suitable for tall persons. Even so it´s an adventure I won´t miss. J.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Juergen K,
Thank you for writing a review of Hotel Bristol, especially as our returning guest.

I am delighted to read that you liked décor of our restored hotel, superior room as well as Column Bar.

However I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with shower. We will continue to focus on meeting customer expectations and learning from guest feedback.

Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol, Warsaw again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The highlight of this hotel is its location. Positioned on a picturesque street next door to the presidential palace, the old town and Nowi Swiat is less than a 5 min walk. The old town is Warsaw's tourist hub and Nowi Swiat is where the locals go for bars and restaurants. Hands down this is the best located hotel in Warsaw.

The staff and service could not be faulted. Olga at reception was amazing and offered a complementary early check in (as part of the Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts program) which was much appreciated after a 24 hour flight from Australia. Michal and Tomasz in concierge were also great with helping with cufflinks and restaurant recommendations.

Breakfast each morning was amazing and the pool/sauna facilities were top notch. The decor and the building itself was amazing. This hotel is one of the only original buildings left standing in Warsaw after WWII.

I cannot pick one fault with this hotel, it was truly amazing. If you were to book a hotel of this standard in any other European city, you would pay at least double. Well worth the splurge. You wont regret it.

Room Tip: I booked an Executive room. Plenty of space and big bathroom. I had a view over the hotels courtyard
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Benoz_11

Dear Benoz_11,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your recent stay at Hotel Bristol.

We are very fortunate to have such a central location. I am delighted to read that you liked décor, Pool&Gym area, breakfast in Marconi Restaurant and service provided. I will be more than happy to pass your positive comments to the team, especially Olga from reception, as well as Michał and Tomasz from Concierge.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol during your next visit to Warsaw.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Best choice in Warsaw. Best location. Best restaurant. Cosy, quiet, will stay again. Try duck and panacotta. Go to the swimming pool, it is nice. Walk around. Everywhere is a walking distance. Just to the park to feed squirrels you need a taxi or a bus:)

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Nikmaxa21

Dear Nikmaxa21,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and for your kind words after your recent stay at Hotel Bristol.

We are very fortunate to have such a central location, Restaurant Marconi and a swimming pool.

Again, thank you for your recommendation and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was my first time in Poland and my hotel was booked through Kirker Holidays, who always look after you well. The hotel is a superb Art Deco style building, re-opened some 20 year ago after war damage & what a magnificent place it is. The decor, the staff and accomodation are faultless as was the dining experience. Prices for this 5 star hotel are great value for money and I recommend it to anyone.The art-deco styled cafe attached is also a gem

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Graham R,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us in Hotel Bristol.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your visit while you were with us and that you liked our renovated building with its history and charm, décor, service provided, Marconi Restaurant and Café Bristol.

Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol again.