“I would have stayed longer if I could!”

Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #7 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The pros:

1. EXCELLENT location! Next to the presidential 'home'... walking distance to city center and many many tourist sites and museums.

2. Beautiful decor... HUGE and CLEAN rooms.

3. Bed was very comfy and the sheets were clean and fresh.

4. Breakfast, Dinner and Bar service were very good with good choices.

5. 99% of staff went out of their way to be accommodating, friendly, professional and helpful.

The Cons...

1. Bar/Food were pricey

2. The breakfast room/area was consistently busy and often the waitstaff was not on top of clearing tables for new eaters to sit. I often sat at a dirty table as there were no clean ones and I could not find a waitstaff to clean the table.

3. WIFI - The hotel should be ashamed of itself for not having FREE WIFI. The wifi was expensive and it did not work for me on three separate days.

This is where my biggest displeasure comes from. I was traveling in Europe and had a conference all back in the states (so it would have been 2am local time) and I could not get the WIFI to work that I did pay for. The man at the front desk (Thomas - I think I am spelling it incorrectly) was the least helpful person I have ever dealt with. He could not be bothered with my call down to the front desk or my going down at midnight to see if he could help me in person. I was just aggravated by the lack of customer service and follow through by him to help me get a solution other than sitting in the lobby at a hotel computer at 2 am versus sitting in the privacy and security of my hotel room.

This experience is the only reason I did got give the hotel an excellent rating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Nelle_1234
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Nelle_1234
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts after you visit to Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Warsaw recently. We are very fortunate to have such a central location, renovated building with its history and charm, great Marconi Restaurant, Bristol Wine Bar and Column Bar. Moreover, I do appreciate your kind comment about the service provide, I will be more than happy to pass it to the team.

However I am disappointed to hear that you had some issues with night associate. I apologies for that and we will have to investigate that matter carefully.

It was our pleasure to have you and your partner as our guest and we hope to welcome you back.

Andrew Henning

Write a ReviewReviews (2,206)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great location. Room was super clean and comfortable. Staff very helpful and courteous. Easy walk to old town and many sites. The breakfast was wonderful. i would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Warsaw. It was one of the many surprises I found in this clean, inexpensive, interesting, uncrowded city. Warsaw is really a treat!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Drmmink,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent visit with us in Hotel Bristol.

I am glad that you were happy with central location, room, breakfast at Marconi Restaurant and service provided.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us in Warsaw.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Beautiful hotel, recently refurbished to a very high standard. Comfortable bed with good quality linen. Large, well-equipped marble bathroom. A couple of extras that make a difference: an ironing board and iron; a proper hairdryer (not one of those awful wall-mounted things). Great service by well-trained staff. The best location in town: a few minutes stroll to the Old Town, and right on the beautiful Royal Way. The Sunday Brunch in the Marconi restaurant is great value. I travel to Warsaw regularly and have stayed in several other hotels: this one is the best. It is no more expensive than several other inferior hotels. I shan't be staying anywhere else in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear JaneLondon04,

We are very fortunate to have such a renovated building in a great central location. I am delighted to be reading your kind comments, especially about beds and linen, bathroom, iron, hairdryer as well as Sunday brunch in Marconi Restaurant.

Moreover, I do appreciate your kind comment about our associates and I will be more than happy to pass your positive comments to the team.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Spent four nights in this wonderful hotel (in early July) located smack in the heart of Warsaw's Old Town, right next door to the President's Palace and within easy and close walking distance of all the tourist sights of Old Town including the Royal Castle, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and the Old Town Market Square. The front desk staff, the concierge staff, the doormen, and the bellmen were all superbly helpful. The concierge was extremely helpful in arranging some private tours of Warsaw for me. I had a very, very spacious room arranged for me by Tauck Tours who arranged for two extra nights at this hotel before I started my group tour with them. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom had very fine amenities, the maids were very prompt with their service, and the room was extremely clean. Had a dinner in the hotel's main Marconi restaurant as well as breakfast every day and the food preparation and offerings were excellent. This hotel is very old but it was lovingly refurbished in the 1990's and Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher was the inaugural guest upon the hotel's reopening. It will be my first choice of hotel whenever I return to the lovely city of Warsaw.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room facing the outside of the building rather than the courtyard as I believe they...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Philipmillermd,
Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Warsaw recently, as we are very fortune with our central location and refurbished building with its history and charm.

Additionally I am glad that you were happy with rooms, bed, bathroom amenities, dinner and breakfast in Marconi Restaurant, as well as service provided and I will to pass your positive comments to the team.

I do look forward to welcoming you back again to Hotel Bristol in Warsaw soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Great location, incredibly helpful staff, nice and spacious rooms combine for a wonderful stay. Hotel has an old world charm, in a safe area and located near shopping. Nice wine bar for a late even drink after a stroll in the old town.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Alison C,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your kind words after your recent stay at Hotel Bristol.

I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed our central location, renovated hotel with its history and charm, rooms as well as service provided.

Moreover, I do appreciate your kind comment about Bristol Wine Bar and I will pass your positive comments to the team.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again in Polish capital soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here three nights. The room is very nice but the air conditioning is not up to American standards. There is a very cool old elevator in the lobby. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are very clean. The location is excellent because it is very close to Old Town.

Room Tip: Choose one overlooking the park
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Patty W,

I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed our central location, rooms, historic elevators, as well as service provided.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again in Hotel Bristol, Warsaw soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I traveled from Poland, to Scotland and to Ireland this summer. Bristol Hotel was our first stop in Warsaw. The hotel was phenomenal and the people were very friendly and willing to help. The only negative part was the wifi, it was pay-to-use. Personally, if you're a hotel that does not offer free WiFi in 2014, then you really need to adjust your strategy.

It was one of the top 3 hotels we stayed at during our entire trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Jon W,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and for your kind words after your recent stay at Hotel Bristol.

Please note for future stays that we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi in all our public areas.

Again, thank you for your comments and I do hope to welcome you and your wife back again.