“Fantastic”

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria
Ranked #9 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the Sofitel Victoria and upon check in the concierge greeted me and escorted me to my room. The room itself was fantastic, spacious and recently refurbed. Much to my liking. An added touch was a fresh rose, box of local chocolates and a welcome letter from the manager. Impressed!

The bed is one of the best ever slept in! The turn down service always left a scroll on the bed with a little poem and a good night wish.

The pool is simply stunning and one of the best I've experienced in an inner city hotel...relaxing and calm, with individual cabana like areas, fruit and water supplied. A great way to start the day.

Staff were friendly and courteous and recognised me and always said hello. The bar staff in particular were great and remembered what I was drinking.

I am sure that the rooms that have not yet been refurbed are slightly dated but the room I stayed in was fantastic.

Will gladly return again!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Concierge_Sofitel, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying in Sofitel Warsaw Victoria and for sharing your opinion with other TripAdvisor users.

I was very happy to learn how enjoyable your stay was. In particular, the fact that you have liked the results of the renovation our hotel is undergoing. The new rooms, which were designed by Didier Gomez, are equally as comfortable as they are pleasing on the eye. We have also renovated all of the public areas in the hotel to match the new rooms. The swimming pool area came out particularly nice and is proving to be a favourite for many of our guests.

As a member of the Sofitel Warsaw Victoria team I would also like to thank you for your comment regarding our staff. All of the Sofitel Ambassadors are dedicated hospitality professionals who do their upmost to ensure the comfort of each and every stay. Here at Sofitel we try to exceed our guests' expectations regarding our service whenever we can. That is why we take note of their preferences to surprise them with for example their favourite drink.

Please visit us again soon.

Kind Regards,
Adrian Kolba
Guest Relations & Concierge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Very comfortable hotel for both business and relaxing!
Rooms are very nice and comfortable, very peaceful.
I am a big fan of the swimming pool, since it's a great way to relax after a long day of work or simply discovering the city; there is no better way for me to start great evening.
The hotel, freshly renovated is beautiful and the staff is very kind and helpful.
Not to mention the amazing breakfast, perfect to start up your day!
Loved it and will definitely pass by again for my next trip to Warsaw.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Concierge_Sofitel, Guest Relations and Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen the Sofitel Warsaw for your recent stay in Warsaw and for taking the time to leave your comments at TripAdvisor.com. Your opinion is very important for us and helps us to continuously improve our service.
I’m very happy that you appreciate the comfort of our newly renovated rooms, our spacious pool and relaxation area.
We are delighted to hear that you’ve found our breakfast buffet amazing and such note is very much rewarding for us, as the quality of our cuisine and generosity of choice we offer is among our priorities.
I especially thank you for your positive note regarding our staff, which I’ll be please to share with our team. It is very pleasant and motivates us to become even better in the future.
I remain at your entire disposal for all further assistance you may require and I look forward to welcoming you again,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We checked into the Sofitel on Sunday afternoon for a one week stay. Our room was on the 6th floor which was recently remodeled. Great room, very modern, comfortable large bed with a coffee maker , TV, Wi-Fi, Bose music station amongst others. I was impressed with the quality. Staff were very helpful and they even found me a plug adapter at 12:30 AM for my computer. Location is within walking distance of central Warsaw's many attractions. Skip the hotel breakfast package as this seems expensive though a la carte eggs Benedict was only 20 PZL with coffee 15-20 PZL. Concierge was available in main lobby and was very friendly and helpful. Reception staff were very friendly and accommodating. All in all a very modern, trendy hotel with many amenities and a great location. This should be on the top of your list for hotels in Central Warsaw. I'll be back.

Room Tip: 6th floor was recently renovated (2013)and worth the extra money.
Dear Guest,
I sincerely thank you for the enthusiastic comments on your recent stay in our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel.
We are all truly delighted to hear that you liked the comfort of your room as well as the quality of its features. It is also very pleasant to lean that you liked our cuisine and found our a la carte offer reasonably priced.
What is most important is your high marks given to our staff for their friendliness, availability and helpfulness. I truly believe that we do offer a magnifique service on the level expected by Sofitel Guests and I am positive that our current remodeling will bring another good reason to choose our hotel when being in Warsaw.
I remain at your entire disposal for any future assistance you may require, looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Atherton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

FANTASTIC !!!!!
My wife and myself stayed at the Sofitel from 11th – 15th February. We occupied a room on the 4th floor which was lovely and comfortable. A flat screen TV offering lots of channels, live English Prem football, also coffee and tea making and a wonderful comfortable large bed.

Rooms are spacious and warm. Bathroom was nice offering a nice bath and a shower. There`s a free safe and a mini fridge to keep your drinks cool. Water is also stocked up every day.

Breakfasts are superb, a massive choice that should suffice the hungriest of travellers. The pool and gym are is a great place to relax after walking the City Anyone staying here should experience the pool area. Robes and slippers are provided for the pool area.

The reception staff are helpful, just ask then and a map of the City will be given and directions how to get there. The location is perfect for most attractions. Bus 105 will take you to the Uprising museum, well worth a visit. 5 stops on the bus from across the road of the Hotel. Tram 22 will take you into Praga and to the National stadium. The Metro is a great way to get around.
Across the road is the Tomb of the unknown Soldier, there are two guards in uniform and guns at all times standing at the monument. The park is nice place to stroll.

Turning Right out the Hotel a two min walk brings you onto the Main Royal Rout of Nowy Swait, Brewamia is on the corner here. We made this our local and ate evening meal every night. The food was plenty and reasonable. Beer was also brewed on the premises and they offered good choice of Beers. Prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere is nice. There are many Bars and Restaurants along this Street and the Beirhalle is also a nice visit.

Change money at the Kantor kiosks, a better rate of exchange is offered as opposed to the UK. Transport tickets can also be purchased and a Day ticket costs 15 PLN £3 and this allows travel on Metro, Trams and Busses.

There are many places of interest, museums, Shopping Arcades and Pubs offering a fantastic choice of Polish craft brewed ales. (inbox me for directions to these). Well worth a visit is the new national stadium which is visible from across the Wisla River.

Overall Warsaw has a lot to offer and I would be happy to return again, maybe a summer break or later in September.

Reading some reviews, certain ones seem very hard to please. The hotel offered everything for my needs plus more.

Room Tip: For travellers arriving at Modlin airport, pre book the Modlin bus from their web site.
3 Thank Denn_beerswiller
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel for your stay just recently and for your detailed and very affirmative comments.
In fact, we are in favor of our excellent location with easy walking access to preeminent sightseeing and just next to the modern city center. And your opinion on Warsaw public transportation, quick and efficient, is well justified. Warsaw is often being called “the best secret of Europe” and I am sure that our visitors will be delighted and pleasantly surprised by cultural offerings, various dining, and extensive shopping choices and by the beauty of our capital.
Finally, I wish to underline that all our teams is here for you to help you making the most of your stay and to assist you with every single request. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain at your entire disposal for any request you may have,
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We booked this hotel for 4 nights according to reviews we found. I am surpriced that someone call this hotel <excelent>. Where this people stayed before I wonder?
Very poor tired hotel. 4 stars facilities. No electrition near bed, no slippers, no mini bar, room is very tired. I did not enjoy my stay. Can't recommend

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Olgasomovaukt
Concierge_Sofitel, Guest Relations at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen our Sofitel Warsaw for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your comments with other Tripadvisor users. Your opinion is valuable for us and helps us continuously improve our service.
With regards to our interiors, I am pleased to inform you that we are now in process of remodeling. I do apologize, that we could not offer you a new room during your last stay and I reassure you that realy soon almost all our hotel rooms will be completely renewed, including their technical infrastructure and equipment of the rooms.
I hope, we will have the chance of welcoming you again, to show you our progress and to better suit your expectations.
Yours sincerely
Beata Nowak-Obrzut
Concierge
Rzeszów, Polska
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Right after booking my room via Accor website I have emailed the hotel and ask about the earlier check-in. My flight arrives to Warsaw at 10AM so I needed a room a little bit earlier. I have also asked about the room upgrade. I've got gold status in the Accor loyalty program so according to the Le Club privileges policy it's possible. During booking I decided to spent earned points to get a better room. I have chosen Junior Suite (points + ca. 50 Euros for suite + breakfast for two persons). I've gotten the answer that the earlier check-in is possible, but unfortunately better suite would be availiable at the standard check-in time. In this case fully understood, no problem for me.

During check-in I recieved the voucher for two, free of charge drinks,as a welcome gift - very classy.

The suite was quite spacy (big bathroom, living room with business corner, sofa, two armchairs and big screen TV and separate bedroom with other flat TV). Unfortunatelly that was and old-fashioned room. I was hoping that taking into account my status (and my request for an upgrade) I would get renovated room. Even if I paid using points I had to earned them earlier...
What was worse the room temperature was really low. There were about -10 degrees outside, but despite this the air conditioning didn't blow warm air (even with the heating mode in ON position). Even with the long sleeve shirt I had to lie in the bed under the quilt to stay warm. The maintenance services couldn't fix the problem and offered a radiator which would be available at 6PM ("because other guests are also using them")!! In the 5 star hotel... Finally (many thanks to the lady from the room service) I was assured that the hotel will change my room to another with properly working heating in 30-60 minutes. It took 2 hours... At last I have gotten a bigger room (with much more spacious bedroom with extra bathroom) but still old-fashioned and an official letter of apology signed by the manager (plus traditional polish fudge in an elegant box).

Despite this unpleasant situation, other issues such as food, breakfast, friendliness of the service were at a decent level.

I hope that during the next stay at this hotel I will be able to sleep in the renovated room.

Room Tip: Ask about upgrade to the renovated room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lantanpl
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us in January and for your comments which are of greatest value for us at the Sofitel in Warsaw. We learn from every Guest experience and we do our utmost to become better and to provide our Dear Visitors with magnifique experience.
I am truly delighted to learn that you appreciated our check-in process as well as the privileges provided for the Accor LeClub card holders, rewarding loyalty of our Guests with attractive privileges and vouchers exchangeable for payments in our hotels.
Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by failure of our heating system which made your room not warm enough. In addition to the apologies extended by our General Manager, I wish to assure you that all our renovation and remodeling program currently in process, is meant to improve our Guests’ comfort and wellbeing. I am also very pleased to inform that soon the majority of our rooms will offer their new look and comfort on the level of the best luxury hotels of the world.
Finally I wish to thank you for mentioning the quality of our cuisine and friendliness of our staff and I wish to have the opportunity of welcoming you again soon, in order to present you our progress.
I remain at your entire disposal for all assistance you may require,
Toulouse, France
Reviewed 10 February 2014

i have just returned from a weekend in Warsaw at the Sofitel. from the moment i arrived on friday i was welcome to a modern and very trendy lounge bar with live DJ, giving it a little new york feeling ! location was prime, service excellent (would like to say thank you to Piotr the concierge who gave great advises), and the food at the main restaurant decorated by DIdier Gomez was second to none of the places i tried in Warsaw. the Chef is polish and is doing fabulous, modern, tasty cuisine, a real treat !!! will definitely return !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Concierge_Sofitel, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Sofitel for your Warsaw stay and for taking the time to give us feedback.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. In particular, I am very pleased with your comments regarding our restaurant, Le Victoria Brasserie Moderne. This newly opened restaurant is a pride of the hotel as it serves some of the best food in the City, made with the highest quality, Polish ingredients. Our chef, who is as innovative as he is thorough, brings out the very best out of Polish and French dishes. The meals can be enjoyed in a stunning dining room, which, as you were kind to point out was designed by Didier Gomez. A real treat!

Please visit us again whenever you will find yourself at Warsaw!

Kind Regards,