“Central Location Close to All” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Warsaw Victoria

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria
Ranked #8 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
San Diego, California
“Central Location Close to All”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Easy walking distance to historical old town as well as downtown. Very helpful staff. Good full service restaurant and abundant breakfast with many choices. Very modern, apparently recently renovated, with all the expected contemporary amenities. Spacious and airy rooms overlooking the park but still quiet and very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michele N
Concierge_Sofitel, Guest Relations & Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Michelle N,
Thank you so much for having chosen our Sofitel Warsaw for your recent stay in our lovely city. We appreciate every Guest comment and so we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed staying with us.
I personally believe that Sofitel Warsaw offers the best location in town, being next to the modern city center, still in a quiet area; and also walking distance to the sightseeing but not too close to main tourist path.
It is a delight to know that you appreciate our recent remodeling of the hotel rooms, public areas and restaurants and what is most rewarding is your kind words on our staff. So, thank you for your kind review and please visit us again soon.
Piotr Prasuła

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel :)
I love the infinity pool :)
Just a bit confused where to go for they didn't provide us the map for the city
In the airport the taxi driver wants to charge us much more but we manage :)
It is in between of the Old town and new town....

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Concierge_Sofitel, Guest Relations & Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Vixianne,
Thank you for having chosen the Sofitel Warsaw for your recent stay in Warsaw and for taking the time to leave your comments at Tripadvisor.com. Your opinion is very important for us and helps us to continuously improve our service.
Thank you for your kind words on our spacious pool with a mirror ceiling and I am very glad to learn that you appreciated our location providing such an easy access to Warsaw’s history and modernity. It is one of my responsibilities as the Chef Concierge to provide each and every Guest with a map of Warsaw together with information on its highlights and further advise according to our Guests’ preferences. I am so sorry to find out that none of our concierges had the chance of assisting you.
I remain at your entire disposal for any assistance you may require, hoping that the unpleasant taxi experience will not discouraging you to visit Warsaw again.
Belgrade, Serbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Instead of a king size bed room I got a room with a sofa bed and quite small bathroom for a five star hotel. They explained that there had been a flood problem in the hotel so they didn't have available standard rooms. Fine, but they probably knew that before my booking because the room was booked just couple of hours before my arrival. They politely excused themselves and granted a discount on the room rate, but I am still feeling cheated.
Reading the reviews, I noticed that I am not the only one having this inconvenience, therefore it might be a hotel practice.

Room Tip: Double check when booking that the room you want is actual available. Otherwise you could overpay fo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Silent_Bobbb
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel!! Concierge and the desk are very helpful. They were able to order tickets in advance of our visit to the Philharmonic. When we checked in we asked for a roll-away for one night and it was not a problem, by the time we got up to the room the bed was already there. By the next day the bed was taken away and the couch returned.

Loved the drinks at the bar, very creative cocktails but sometimes some of the drinks are out. These are some of the best drinks I have had. My three complaints about the hotel are that the air-conditioning did not seem to work well in my room. The bed is comfortable, but I do not like that I do not have a sheet, would prefer this as well as the comforter. The shower is good, lots of water pressure and nice size but it lacks a place to put the soap. The steel bars that make up the area to put the shampoo and soap are too wide and the soap bar falls thru. Also I prefer a door that would close all the way. If you want body lotion you have to ask for it.

The breakfast is a full breakfast and is not included also you need to specify at the desk if you only want a continental or cold breakfast. Wished this was easy to do. There is no minibar in the room, but there are 2 bottles of bottled still water for guests and these are refilled each day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Concierge_Sofitel, Guest Relations at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Sofitel and for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you have taken advantage of our hotel's wonderful location. As you kindly noted, Sofitel Victoria is situated right at the very heart of Warsaw, just off the main street and within walking distance to most of what the Capital has to offer.
I thank you very much for the nice opinion about our staff and our generous breakfast. I am happy that our drinks tasted much you. I truly hope that you will visit us again soon and give us the opportunity to present you the progress we make.
I remain with best regards,
Beata Nowak-Obrzut
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Sofitel is a nice hotel in a great location to see the sights of Warsaw. It's a couple of minutes walk from the main street where you can get the 175 bus to and from the airport.
The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. We couldn't however, get a double bed and had to settle for twins beds. At about 4.00pm on our last night we were offered a change of rooms, but this was too late, as we were leaving the next day (we stayed 3 nights).
Unfortunately the beds are extremely soft and uncomfortable, and I because of this I couldn't sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time. I woke up each morning with back and shoulder pain. Additionally there is a down topper on top of the beds, so during the night I'd get stabbed with the odd end of a feather, which was quite painful.
The room had a shower, but no bath. I'd expect a bath in a 5-star hotel. Our shower drain was blocked and water flooded the bathroom. This was fixed soon after we reported the problem.
The pool is very nice, but the flooring around the pool is very slippery. Additionally, on both occasions we visited the pool there was used towels everywhere. I didn't ever see the pool area being serviced. The exits in the pool area were not clearly signed which I thought was odd.
The wouldn't stay here again - because the beds were uncomfortable and there was no bath in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the park.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Bendrusha,
Thank you very much for having stayed with us recently and I thank you for sharing with us your opinion. We appreciate each comment of our Guests as it gives us a clear picture on how our services are perceived by our Guests.
I am truly sorry to hear that you were not fully able to enjoy the comfort we offer, especially because some of the problems were so easy to eliminate like for example the down topper or the too soft mattress. I also would like to mention that 90 per cent of our rooms are equipped with a bath tub, so please accept our apologies that due to the high occupancy we were not able to have one for you. Your review will be shared with our pool team in order to make sure that such experience will not be possible again.
On the other hand I wish to thank you for highlighting our location in the middle of Warsaw sightseeing places and just next to the modern city center and for your kind words on cleanliness and the nice décor of our rooms.
I do hope, we will have the chance of welcoming you back in the future and that your next stay with us will be fully enjoyable. Please let me know if there is anything I may assist you with, I would be very happy to help you.
Warsaw
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

several pros and cons
pros: location and great bar with perfect ambiance
cons: no mini bar in room, no small milk for a morning coffee. I reserved a room with a modern interior an received an upgarde to the suite with an old inetrior> my stay was only 1 night so I did not want to bother and coming back to receptiona dn ask Why- it was like cheating. Finally next day i have shared my feeling when checking out -the only reaction was _" I am sorry sir , I hope you will visit us aging " - well small chance

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Zybi2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Warsaw Victoria. Every guest opinion is very important to us as it helps us continually to improve our service.
Your review shows that you appreciate our location combining easy access to history and modernity. In fact, major sightseeing points, best shopping places and the modern business district are within a short walk from our Sofitel Warsaw.I'm very happy that you like our bar as well.
I would like to inform you also that at Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior experience for every customer. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies that your experience did not meet your expectation. I hope you will give us another chance and visit us again.
Best regards,
Beata Nowak-Obrzut
Nuenen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

At a first look it is a fine hotel, well located, old city near by as is the superb university library with garden roof (from the hotel walk east as straight as possible, descend steps, walk through a park and there you are), supermarket Express near by around two corners.
Room OK. But then, surprise, we could not get a draught beer at dinner nor was a wine choice possible. So, bring your beer from the bar. Prices of beer and wine are far too high. But yeah, the waiters wear black gloves. Very posh indeed.

1 Thank n_wiedenhof
Concierge_Sofitel, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for your loyality towards the Sofitel Victoria Hotel.
We were glad to welcome you each time you have decided to visit Warsaw and we will be grateful to do it during your next stays. Your opinion is truly important and helpful.

With kind regards,