Gromada Hotel
US$88
US$164
US$145
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

US$207
US$128
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

Metropol Hotel(Warsaw)(Great Value!)
US$54
  • Restaurant
Novotel Warszawa Centrum(Warsaw)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Room Service
US$80
US$64
  • Restaurant
All reviewscapital citywithin walking distancewarszawa centralnaexcellent locationbeds were comfortablesingle roomfew minutes walkby foothotel is situatedculturehairdryersquare
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here for 5 nites during a recent business visit to Warsaw. The hotel was booked by my client so I had no say - but they were nice and booked me a suite. Or so the booking said. I wrote to them in advance, asking for a few things but I never got a reply to the email and there was no sign of it in my folio when I checked in. Also at check in, all knowledge of suites vanished - I was assigned a double bed room - the checkin staff seemed incapable of understanding that I had expected a suite, not a double room so I gave up on that bit of luxury. As others have noted, this hotel is in two buildings connected by a walkway on the 1st floor and served by one of the slowest lifts on the planet. From reception to the room was as long as 10 minutes (especially as the other wing had only one lift working). The staff at reception and in the bar seemed largely devoid of humour or any sort of personality - although this did get better on the last two days for some reason. Breakfast was mediocre, the scrambled eggs very watery on 2 occasions, the bread rolls a bit stale over the weekend and the whole atmosphere less than cheerful. The bed itself was comfortable but a new mattress would be useful as it was quite worn (W-shaped if you know what I mean). The wired internet never worked (despite my writing in advance and asking for a room with good access) and the wireless was often very, very slow and on a few occasions non-existent. On the plus side, the room was very quiet with the windows shut, and the shower was excellent - loads of hot water and good pressure. The location was good for my work, and there was a wealth of small places to eat just a stone's throw form the place. If required, I'd stay here again for the convenient location and quiet room, but I'd prefer to stay in a better place if at all possible. All in all, it was a pretty grim place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have stayed in Warsaw on numerous occasions & in many different hotels but this is by far the worst I have ever stayed in. Why?
1.The staff were extremely rude and appeared to be more interested in the colour of their nails than the needs of their guests.
2.The room was awful - dated decor, dirty & with a heating system that couldn't be turned down and shower that was so hot (& couldn't be turned down) that it stripped the skin off my body..
3.The casino in the hotel seemed to attract some quite intimidating characters who insisted on trying to make conversation despite the fact i don't speak a word of Polish & then got very aggressive.
The reason it has 1 star is that it s centrally located and convenient for the city centre, otherwise it would be getting a big fat zero! NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank MossleyMartin
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We are greeks and we stayed at this hotel for three nigths from 26 october to 28 october .The room very nice clear and luminous.The service very nice I recommend this hotel at all because it's price was very logique too

Room Tip: You have only to speek about this to the reception
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank korinaperimeni2003
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My girls called it the "Grody-Ramada." Cigarette burns on the carpet, furniture old and outdated, beds sprung, squeaky, and uncomfortable. Okay location, seemed safe, okay breakfast. Service was very good by the staff and they spoke very good English. Unable to check in early, they held the bags in a locked room for us while we toured Old Town. Much more of a worn 2-star than the 3-star rating that it has.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RRRice
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I visited Hotel Gromada as a solo visitor spending a couple of days in Warsaw. The hotel is within a reasonable distance of the train station, perhaps 20mins walk away with the use of a decent map. On first arrival, I noticed that the picture on here is slightly misleading: the modern building at the forefront of the picture is not where the majority of the rooms are held, they are within the distinctly Soviet-era building to the right of the picture (not that there is anything expressly wrong with that beyond the fact it is less modern).

In the hotel the staff are friendly and speak English well. The rooms are comfortable and entirely inkeeping with the cost of the visit. Breakfast is served in the basement and has a good selection of hot and cold food and drinks, with something to suit everyone. There were plenty of staff to assist people eating.

I would probably compare this hotel to a Travelodge or Holiday Inn in the UK: does the basics well but don't expect all the luxuries that some hotels offer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo