“downtown but nothing more”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Gromada Hotel

Gromada Hotel
Ranked #52 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Romania
“downtown but nothing more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

First feeling i had entering into the hotel was like coming back in time; pure communist style.Going to the room was like being in a dormitory. old fashion room and a bit colder
Overall minimum conditions but that's all. it's cheap so if it's only one night or 2 is good being excellent as location

Room Tip: nothing to recommend
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Xi'an, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

To whom it may concern,

My name is Lin Zhu. Recently I stayed at your hotel (5/19/14 check in - 5/25/14 check out). At the time of checking in I paid in full the hotel charges for the days' stay. At the same time I talked to the front desk about two previously booked orders for me and explained that I would like to cancel both of them. The girl at the front desk processed the cancelation when I was there. I thought everything was all set.

However, last night (June 3rd) I got a text message from my bank saying there was another charge to my credit card account at 3:36 PM Warszawa Time, June 3rd. from your hotel. I was very surprised at that transaction because apparently I got double charged (once at checking in at your hotel and once again after I returned to my hometown). I am guessing it must be a mistake; I am writing to request a credit back to my card as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you need any other information from my side.

Thank you for your assistance!

Lin Zhu

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jihlava, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I spent there one week. The location of the hotel is quite good, personnel itself was just fine, can't complain about them. From the other things, I think i can find just rather negative ones:

* The hotel is not so small. There is just one lift though, which is unbelievably slow, so almost of no use.
* Breakfast room and its organization not really good enough for the amount of people (overcrowded, hard to move around, personnel often not managing re-supply missing food).
* Though I stayed for a week, they gave me every time wifi password valid for 24 hours only, so one had to ask for a new one every day.
* The hotel was not as clean as I'd expected on a similar kind of hotel. The corridor walls were quite dirty, the same the carpets in the corridors or in the room.
* The furniture (at least in my room) looked like it still remembers the time of USSR : ).
* The mattresses looked like rather some cheap ones. For me personally, not much comfortable. And noisy : )
* The desk was just enough for one person, not possible to sit two people with two laptops at it.
* No electric plug close to the desk where one could connect e.g. his/her laptop.
* Not able to provide more than one key from the room (though we were officially two of us at the room).
* No aircon. The room was quite hot even during the time we were there (May), good luck during the hot summer...
* No fridge / minibar / hot water kettle in the room.
* No hotel slippers / comb / toothpaste / toothbrush / body lotion / shampoo (only available some shower gel).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hamburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel was very good, service was excellent and internet worked well with the cable connection. The location is perfect close to the city center. Breakfast was fine, personal is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Athens
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We spent 3 nights there and the overall experience was quite satisfactory, yet not impressive.

+ The hotel is very central, close to the main points of interest. The staff was professional and polite. Our room was spacious and very clean. The bed was quite comfortable and in general we had a pleasant stay.

- The Wi-Fi was really slow, plus we had to ask for a new password every 24 hours. The building is very big and there is only one (very slow) elevator. Most of the times we were using the stairs (quicker!). You may need a long walk to approach your room. One night the ceiling of the bathroom was dripping for a few minutes. The breakfast was limited and somehow boring (plus mainly unhealthy choices).

In general I think that this hotel is a satisfactory choice if you find a good deal, but not if you need to pay something more!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Older hotel,not expensive and good location. I did not like the lack of dark curtains in room (sun in early morning) ,the fackt you could hear snoring and someone showering in the room next door and very very slow elevator. And they should change bateries in remote controls for tv. Breakfast was fine but I would like there was more fruit options and not only grejpfrut and oranges. Service was good. I asked for an extra pillow before I went to breakfast and when I was back the pillow was there. They also gave us packed breakfast when we were checking out early morning.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Livingston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Good central location 10 minute walk to Old Town Sq in one direction and 10 minutes to new shopping mall. Good sized room no issues, wifi slow. Breakfast buffet style with good choice of hot and cold items. Staff efficient and polite. Good range of restaurants within a few minutes walk.
Good venue for week end trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple