“one of many others”

Ranked #53 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine
“one of many others”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

my attendance of this hotel was very short to obtail full spectre of impressions, so i'd say that is pretty usual hotel, my room was pretty small but actually ok. it was not so easy to find the hotel since the entrance is located between other buildings. good things are: some tables to drink beer near the entrance outdoor and interesting round lift (never saw anything like that)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Playa Coronado, Panama
Reviewed 21 June 2014

For our price point and convenience factor the Gromada served the purpose. It was clean, well attended to and offered enough conveniences as required. If I wanted to spend more money - yes there are many other better options. We did move from the standard room to the 'business room' for a minimal amount -which was well worth it (except no WIFI in the 'new wing'???- but available in the lobby area) Noise levels at night street side were inconvenient (is there a bar around?) with many carousers at 0200! Did you know sunrise is at 0415? early, need better blackouts! A/C not working (maybe out of season). Front desk was very accommodating. Two building set up and very, very slow elevator system tested the patience at times. Used Spa across the street - not sure if they are actually trained professionals? Breakfast was more than adequate. Would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: More room in 'business wing/newer wing' - use if staying more than one night. Ask for room...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a huge, old-fashioned soviet-style hotel: if you're looking for something classy and modern, this is not the place for you. Worn-out forniture and carpets, no air-conditioning, and not exactly comfy beds. And still you'll have to pay a decent amount of money to get a standard room. Outside mine, there was a fan spinning outside my rooms during the night, but the noise was somewhat tolerable. The shades were not large enough not cover the whole window, so I woke up every morning too early for my standards. But there a few positive sides: availability, I guess; bathroom was renovated and clean enough; the staff was generally helpful -- they have a printer, which is extremely useful if you're on a business trip; not very advanced technology, I'd say (it took thirty minutes to print a few PDFs) but their laptop eventually did the job. The restaurant downstairs is ggggooood, with very good service and open practically all day; they make nice local dishes... I've tried dumplings and the Polish version of the schnitzel and an apple pie w/ ice-cream and they were all exquisite. I would not recommend the bistro on the ground floor though (same food but awful service - I am not sure what the problem was, we had several communication issues and waited thirty minutes to get our change - but c'mon, it was pretty clear I was not giving 1/3 bill tip; then when it came it was actually less than the amount expected). Do not expect staff to talk fluent English: they won't (and why should they, anyway; how many Brits and Americans can speak Polish?). Breakfast so and so. Overall, you simply don't get what you pay for. NB Not all have WI-FI, although all have cable-connection: they'll provide the cable, but make sure you bring a cable adaptor in case you're a Mac (Air) user.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Warsaw hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This is an old communist building...heaps of space everywhere but modernized pretty well.
It is well situated in the centre of Warsaw. Positives are nice clean modern bathroom, location and fabulous price ($50 for the two of us, includes breakfast). Negatives are the ever present smell of cigarette smoke, faintly but it's there. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Would I stay here again? You bet I would, as the price fitted in perfectly with my austerity programme at this current time.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Peter R
Isreal
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel is very clean , the price was good, the breakfast was good
The bad was very poor,
The location was good
The staff was very nice
I recommend to stay there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is near the center , the center bus and train , and the shopping area

• Stayed June 2014
Romania
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First feeling i had entering into the hotel was like coming back in time; pure communist style.Going to the room was like being in a dormitory. old fashion room and a bit colder
Overall minimum conditions but that's all. it's cheap so if it's only one night or 2 is good being excellent as location

Room Tip: nothing to recommend
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Xi'an, China
Reviewed 4 June 2014

To whom it may concern,

My name is Lin Zhu. Recently I stayed at your hotel (5/19/14 check in - 5/25/14 check out). At the time of checking in I paid in full the hotel charges for the days' stay. At the same time I talked to the front desk about two previously booked orders for me and explained that I would like to cancel both of them. The girl at the front desk processed the cancelation when I was there. I thought everything was all set.

However, last night (June 3rd) I got a text message from my bank saying there was another charge to my credit card account at 3:36 PM Warszawa Time, June 3rd. from your hotel. I was very surprised at that transaction because apparently I got double charged (once at checking in at your hotel and once again after I returned to my hometown). I am guessing it must be a mistake; I am writing to request a credit back to my card as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you need any other information from my side.

Thank you for your assistance!

Lin Zhu

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel