“Fantastic hotel in Warsaw”

Polonia Palace Hotel
Ranked #5 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fantastic hotel in Warsaw”
Reviewed 25 July 2007

This was my first trip to Europe! It was a very special trip for me because I was meeting my mother's family for the very first time. We don't speak Polish at all and the staff was most helpful to us. A driver came to the airport to pick us up for under 20 USD. The rooms were large and well appointed. The bathroom was very nice and modern with a wonderful shower. We had internet access and the bed was most comfortable. I had read on TripAdvisor that the complimentary breakfast was wonderful, and I have to say, I was blown away! There was free vodka, champagne, fresh squeezed juice and every meat, fish, pickle, cheese and pastry possible. Lots of fruit, yogurt, granola and even honey from the hive! There was also a station where you could get hot eggs made to order. We noticed the staff would start setting up the breakfast tables at midnight every night. The bar was great and had fantastic food and served us some drinks we had never heard of! There was also live piano music. I was so impressed with the staff! They went way out of the way to help us out with our family meeting and and one employee even walked with me to a kiosk a block away to help me buy international phone cards. We extended our stay by a few days and was told to check out rates online to get a better deal than the hotel rate. The service was exceptional to say the least! I highly recommend this hotel. It is not too close to Old Town but is only a few blocks to the main train station and tons of shopping and dining options.

2 Thank AudraD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 July 2007

Polonia Palace is a wonderful facility. I used Booking.com to arrange the reservation. The cancellation policy is quite liberal. We did not get the non-smoking we asked for but agreed to a handicapped room that was offered. The room was extremely High tech more so than an of the other rooms we stayed in during our 10 day visit to Poland. Bed comfort is an issue in all Polish Hotels including this one. For some reason in Poland they prefer to sleep on rock like mattresses. Like many facilities in Europe the Internet connection is extra and expensive. Location is excellent especially if you come in by rail, as it is across the street from train station. Its about 15 minutes from the Airport and it is more economical to call a regular cab than use the hotels Airport Transfer system. I booked a weekend special rate and felt we got an excellent value. Breakfast is quite extravagant. Hotel staff spoke English and have a helpful and solitious attitude. My only criticism is they fail to smile or communicate warmth or friendliness. I found this to be true throughout Poland not just Polonia Palace.

• Liked — Beautiful Facility
  • Disliked — Bed could be more comfortable
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nancyNorthCarolina
London UK
Reviewed 18 July 2007

The Polonia Palace has been recently renovated and is a really smart hotel. The rooms are all big and brightly painted with neutral colours and are bright and airy with good air con. Needed with 36c+ temperatures. We ate at the bar which was very good. Cocktails are half price from 1600 to 2000, again, really good. Bathrooms are big and have great showers and above average toiletries. The only problem I had was not being able to connect to the internet from my pc in my room. The hotel staff were unable to assist. There is one PC in the lobby which can be used by guests, but I was unable to print as the printer wasn't working. Still, I think the hotel has wifi in the lobby. Breakfast was good, with an excellent choice and set in a beautiful dining room. Really worth a stay and I'll definetly return. Would pick the Le Meridien Bristol for the location close to the Old Town, but the Polonia Palace is nicer and staff very helpful.

• Liked — The rooms were nicely decorated
  • Disliked — Unable to use my PC in my room
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 July 2007

We stayed for a week in the Polonia for a conference that my husband attended. The location is perfect, close to the Metro and walking distance to many attractions.

We wanted to attend a concert for the Mozart Festival and had difficulty finding out how to get tickets. I had asked at the conference for help and got some information but not enough. When I went back to the Polonia I asked the concierge and she made one phone call, gave me detailed directions and marked the map for the ticket office and the location of the concert. I appreciated her competent service.

The breakfast is the best we have had in any European Hotel. The choice was extensive. Btw, the bees don't produce the honey there. The display of bees, honey comb were informative but detached from the actual honey. When I thanked the buffet attendant for soy milk offered with low-fat and regular milk, he said they had many requests for soy and included it. I like a hotel that is responsive to needs of clients.

About the bedcovers. This is frequently the way the beds are made in Europe. I loved having separate comforters for each person and no top sheet. Also towels and sheets were only changed when you requested it. It's done to save water and energy. When we needed towels or sheets changed, we put the towels on the floor or left the note on the bed.

• Liked — Breakfast!
  • Disliked — Internet not included in price.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank ArgosWD
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2007

we stayed here for 2 nights at the begining of July. The hotel public areas are fantastic and the bar was great, whith excellent staff. The only downsides were a lack of tea making facilities in the room, which when we requested them we were told that we would have to upgrade to an executive suite for this - even a travel lodge provides this service!
The location is really central and I would recommend the resturaunt SENSE which is a 5 minute walk away.

• Liked — breakfast, and cocktails
  • Disliked — noisy room facing onto street / no tea making facilities
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 4 July 2007

The Hotel Polonia Palace, looks good on the web and in the reviews, and I am happy to confirm that looks are not deceiving!

The hotel is truly excellent, with the breakfast being a particular highlight. The hotel rooms are of a good size with all the modern amenities. The communal areas of the hotel are very well kept and decorated to a high standard.

The hotel is directly opposite the PKIN, the massive Palace built by Stalin. The hotel is situated on a busy intersection, and the hotels on the front of the hotel can get a little traffic noise, though this isn't particularly disturbing. The rooms at the back of the hotel look onto a large block of apartments, therefore the view is a little disappointing, the beautiful rooms make up for the disappointing view.

On the whole the hotel is excellent and is highly recommended!

My top tip would be to ask for a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the PKIN, a great view!

• Liked — The location, and the breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
Finland
Reviewed 26 June 2007

I stayed couple of nights in Polonia and it was as good as I expected. Rooms were clean and spacious, and the staff was very friendly and spoke english fluently. They wanted to help you, which not all Polish service employees do. Most amazing was the breakfast: even natural, fresh honey straight from the bees nest!

• Stayed June 2007, travelled on business