“If you want to sleep go elsewhere”

Best Western Hotel Felix
Ranked #45 of 129 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Nice looking, renovated, staff friendly enough but to sleep there; ear pads and good nerve are needed as the walls between rooms are probably made of paper. To a tired traveler hard to recommend. Location is not something either as there are a lot of better hotels in the city.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Travelled to Warsaw for a few days booked into this hotel for 2 nights, hotel was clean and tidy staff were very friendly and helpful,
Went to the restaurant food was nice, waitress and waiters were really nice and friendly, if i had one complain it would be the price of food thought it was a bit expensive.
The hotel is a good bit away from the centre so you would need to get the tram they are regular and situated just outside the hotel # 24,9 i think!. The trams are very busy at any time of the day!
Around the hotel there is nothing to see and do the same as any other city away from the tourist spots.
Overall would come back and stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Its in a quiet location very little noise from roads so any room would be ok
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jaason1
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Now as a start it's important to mention that I'm a student, not inclined to spend much, and I often get treated as such (Which I don't necessarily mind).

This hotel is on the outskirts of Warsaw, about 30 minutes from the center by tram (one tram straight from the central train station, about every 8 minutes), and the price reflects this. The neighborhood it's in doesn't look very good - there were shanty houses right next to the hotel - and there's a big plot of empty land between the hotel and the main road which you have to walk by. The view isn't anything special either, but again you don't pay for it.
However, since everything is still open at night in the area, you don't feel unsafe. There's lots of people still walking around going to places, and therefore the area feels lively and safe. We went back one night at 10pm and feared desolate streets with shady people, but this was not the case at all.

We didn't have breakfast or dinner at the hotel restaurant, to purchase breakfast it cost 32pln (about 8 euros) per person per morning, which seemed very steep. Instead there's a lidl about 5 minutes away which has perfectly good croissants and other baked goods, as well as cheap bottles of drinks, to go. Together we bought two croissants, a chocolate bun, two bottles of water and a big (1.5L) bottle of Lipton for less than 2.50 euros. Whereas breakfast at the hotel would have cost 16! Therefore I cannot comment on the quality of the restaurant.

The service was prompt and friendly, everybody speaks English (as you may expect) and were very helpful. After a brief look-up in the computer you get your room keys, and checking out is even easier. You give your key back and that's it! I've experienced this worse in other hotels.

The lobby looks very modern, not at all like the outside, there were more lifts than needed and everything was very clean.

The room itself was bigger than we expected, you got two free bottles of water as well as other basic things. The television was an old model, with (seemingly) only one English channel. The rest were local Polish channels, but we didn't go there to watch tv.
The bathroom had two heat pipes going through it which we couldn't turn off (they weren't even for our room), they made the bathroom very hot and there was no ventilator to turn on (instead only ducts for the steam).
The bathroom itself was very clean and had very nice mint-green tiling. There were no spots or mold to be found. The shower had its own cabin and was spacious enough for two, as was the whole bathroom. The towels were nice as well although a bit old.
The bed was clean and very comfy, although the sheets were a bit thick. It was winter but even with the window open it was a bit sweaty. The pillows were nice.
There was a balcony but because it was winter there wasn't any reason to go out there.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would come back again next time we go to Warsaw.

Also, the taxis up front charge 2.40pln per km, but around the city there are taxis that charge 1.80pln, sometimes one's parked around the corner (the cheaper one), and you can hail one on the main street to take you to the center for a much cheaper rate. This takes about 5 minutes extra of your time but saves money you can spend elsewhere!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OsakaHugger
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel really doesn't measure up the the Best Western standard. The only thing Best Western it has is the name. I thought the rooms were in need of renovation. They are old, the temperature control in the room was poor. Going into the bathroom was a challenge in itself. No control over the two pipes (2 vertical large diameter pipes with hot water running through them and no valve to reduce the heat output. Difficult to go into the bathroom without first leaving the door open for a little while to let the extreme heat out and letting it cool down.
There were 2 small bottles of complimentary mineral water, but as i only drink carbonated mineral water I went down to the front desk to ask for 4 more (very hot in the room). They gave me one, I pointed out that I wanted 4 -- this appeared to be a problem. I was told only one. I'm not one to make an issue out of small differences and I didn't want anything free, so I stood my ground and asked for 4 bottles. After a short while they sent me to the bar. for some reason they didn't want to give me the bootles out of the stock behind the front desk. So off to the bar I went. They offered me 4 even smaller bottles of mineral water and I pointed out that I want the 0.5 liter bottles and off they went to get them. Quite a task to buy bottled drinking water and believe me there was no language problem. I'm quite convinced and aware they understood exactly what I had asked for. Well, got the water and then later went for lunch. Same charade. I wanted a Cheese sandwich and french fries. I don't eat meat. The waitress told me it was not possible. I pointed to the cheeseburger and said give me that without the burger. Not possible I was told. So got some crisps and a bottle of beer and went my way. It was very cold outside and wet and I was not in the mood to go looking for a restaurant so went back down to the restaurant in the evening and again asked for a cheese sandwich and french fries. This time the waitress said okay no problem which kind of annoyed me after the shenanigans by the waitress at lunch. I stayed there for 4 days and was not footing the bill but if I were paying for the hotel, I would have moved out. Except for the total lack of a vegetarian choice of something to eat, and it being overall too hot in the room, the rest wifi ecc was at a decent level. I asked the front desk to organize a taxi for me to go out one night (first and only outing because of the cold weather) and they told me they had a agreement with a taxi company and they called the taxi and I was taken to the city centre and found a nice restaurant and had a nice dinner (Bellini was the name of the restaurant). After dinner, I waved a taxi down to go back to the hotel, no convention here so I figured it would be more expensive. surprise surprise it was cheaper, makes me think the agreement included some tea money.
I wouldn't go there again as I'm sure there are much nicer hotels closer to some kind of action in the evenings after a day at work.

Room Tip: Didn't really notice in which part of the hotel I stayed. My advice is to look for another hotel...
1  Thank Giorgio C
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Hotel Felix is well-connected. Near a large hotel parking - paid, in addition you can also find a free place. Lobby nicely decorated and spacious. While checking I had to stand up for an upgrade room. Rooms average, basically equipped. In the room the old TV. The bed large and comfortable. Unfortunately, the only electrical sockets at the desk which is a big disadvantage. Bathroom clean, but the door to the cabin niedomykające up. The problem with hot water - it took a long time for her to wait. The heat in the room - a big plus. Breakfast very good, very friendly and professional service - nothing to complain about.

1  Thank JPopiel
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Surprisingly good value for money in European capital. As one of the reviewers said, uninspairing from the street and very good inside. Very warm (we had -20 C outside and could adjust the temperature inside according to our needs - up to +26 C), Very comfortable beds, quite

Room Tip: In fact, any...
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Booked 8 rooms for the new year's eve and everything went smoothly. The receptionists were very friendly and helpful. Even though the hotel is a bit far away from the center, there are 24 hrs transport only 5 min away. Also a supermarket which is convenient for us that were trying to be cheap.
The rooms were very spacious and clean. The cleaning service did a great job, knowing some of us were a bit of a slob. 24 hrs sauna can be ordered from the receptionist. Wish they offered the complementary offered on the brochures though, but can't complain.
Overall one of the best hotel for the price offered.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends