“Good hotel”
Review of The Westin Warsaw

The Westin Warsaw
Ranked #11 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent business hotel in good location in Warsaw. I was in the executive floor room which was very spacious and had a nice view over the city. Good bed, complimentary wifi, great breakfast. Shower was either hot or cold, changing constantly. When calling a taxi, they tried to convince us to take the expensive hotel taxi. We thanked them and asked them to call a regular taxi, which is less than half the price.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Stefan F, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Mr. Kolf,

thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Warsaw and thank ou for taking the time to post a review. I am grateful for your compliments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Executive Club Floors - I hope you also had time to try our new Executive Club Lounge, which was only reopened in July after an extensive rejuvenation. I am sorry about the experience with your shower - we are currently looking into it. I am sorry that you felt that the "hotel" limousine service was pushed on you - actually the hotel is not working on a commission basis, we only suggest it as a service (better, cleaner cars and English speaking drivers) at PLN 25 within the city it is slightly more expensive but reflects a much higher service and is still quite reasonably priced compared to other European Cities but you are right, point taken.

I hope to be able to welcome you again in the future,

very best regards, be well

Stefan Friedl
Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for The Westin Warsaw

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a very difficult review because this is a beautiful hotel with above average staff service with the blaring exception of maintenance. This resulted in a miserable night somewhat my fault because I assumed the a/c would be fixed after the first call, and I really did not want them in at 2am when it became obveous that the problem was not fixed. In addition, the wired internet is still not fixed for secure connections; it took two calls to have bulbs replac ed in the reading lights; and missing curtain hooks have not yet been replaced. The hotel is a tremendous deal on the exectutive floor and the wait staff are very attentive though I did not get turn down service one night. They also have a wonderful breakfast! You decide- I knocked off 2 stars for the maintenance issues.

Room Tip: Get the executive package. It includes an afternoon snack with beverages, internet, and breakfast.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Stefan F, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Drjack183,

thank you for your review and the constructive feedback. I am very sorry to read what has happened to you during your stay with us, even more reading your compliments, too. What a shame that we did drop the ball and let you down - my most sincere apologies for that. You can see most of our reviews are in the 4/5 star feedback range. I know this is not of help to you, every guest is unique and every experience is unique, too. I would be very grateful if you could send me a direct email, so I can further look into the matter and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again one day, so we can proof to you that we can do much better. Again my apologies and

Best regards from sunny Warsaw,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights as part of a tour. Hotel, as you would exspect, is very clean. It is well located - about 20 minute or $7 cab ride to main city center. However, Warsaw is very spread out so this is normal. It is in walking distance to the Warsaw Rising Museum and 2 very good restaurants, a store and several ATMS. Breakfast food was extremely high quality and service was excellent. It is also very quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside - away from main street - are very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank adventurer21

Dear Adventurer21,

Thank you very much for your great review - it was a pleasure having you with us and I am sure many readers find your recommendation useful. Let me just add to this - the Golden Terrace is only 5 min walk, one of the most modern shopping malls in Europe (also worth going just for the design, which is amazing), also the train station and one of the cities many parks can be reached on foot in less than 5 minutes. The city is safe, clean and the people super friendly. We are looking forward to having you back one day - thank you again and

very best regards,

Stefan Fried, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Nice property in a good location. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The rooms are large and clean. It's a standard Westin at the end of the day. There is a bar in the lobby which is usually busy during the day and the breakfast had plenty of options.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Brandonfel,

thank you very much for your kind review and for staying with us - we will aim for 5 stars for your next stay with us, please let me know when you are planning to come back. As you said one gets great value in the city and Warsaw is always worth a trip.

Very best regards

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed there for two nights with my boyfriend. We had a corner room on 15th floor so the view was good. The bed is king size, very comfy and full of pillows, so it was good sleeping in.
I think we had a business room and we didn't need it, because it was a sort of vacation.
In the bathroom there were shower and bathtub and toilet products from Italy.
We had also coffee and teas.
Very quiet room.
The lift is super fast and with an amazing view.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Esterellaz,

Thank you for your great review and for being our guest. Great to hear that you did enjoy the corner room (they are a little bit bigger and have lots to light and sun, too) - for many of our guests, the Westin Hotels'signature beds Hevenly Beds are considered the best beds in the world and they even order them for the homes ... Thanks again and I hope to see you again one day in Warsaw - always worth a trip.

Best regards, be well

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here for one night when passing through Warsaw as part of a larger trip. I booked the Westin based on a good rate and my platinum membership in the Starwood program.

The location of the hotel is in more of a business area, but it's about a 10-minute walk from the main station and the large attached shopping mall. There are several small cafes, etc. near the hotel, although the old town is a 5-10 minute taxi ride (cheap in Warsaw). The location is good for business and for a stopover, but tourists might prefer to stay closer to the old town.

The service was very welcoming and friendly; checking in and out was fast and efficient. It was always easy to get taxis near the hotel. The room was a nice corner room with good views in two directions. The bed was comfortable and had all the amenities, although it was starting to feel a bit dated. For example, the bathroom had old fixtures, and the desk and other wood surfaces had several scratches and dings. The hotel should probably be refurbished in the next couple of years.

As a platinum member I was able to use the very nice club lounge, which offered snacks and soft drinks throughout the day, and a very nice breakfast in the morning (including several hot dishes). This was a big plus during my stay.

All things considered this was a great stay and I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Cougrz007,

Thank you very much for your very nice and detailed review, which I am sure will be of help to many readers. I am vey happy that you did enjoy your stay with us, and that you will, as a Platinum SPG Member, come back in the future. Please send me an email when you do, so I can say hello and meet you in person. Thank you again and very best regards

Be Well

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

What to say ... It starts with the Westin scent that welcomes you when you enter. Reception staff are helpful and friendly. The atmosphere in the whole hotel - from lobby to rooms - is soothing to me: warm colors, a calm feeling. The food - be it in the restaurant or room service, dinner or breakfast - is great. The beds are super comfi. ... As I said I really love it.

If it comes to location: it's directly at the business center. And the old town is maybe 20 min walking distance - the walk is worthwhile and nice though.

Things you might want to know: sometimes check in and out take a little while - the guys are just too friendly. Sometimes there are bus groups there that can make breakfast a bit crowded - but the hotel usually caters for that with extra tables and an extra buffet. The hotel is not the newest in town - but it is well maintained and clean!

I told you I love it

Stayed: June 2014
Stefan F, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Iris O, thank you very much and viele Gruesse nach Wien.

It is a pleasure to read your review and it makes all of us here at the Westin Warsaw proud and happy. Please let me know when you are planning to come back, so we can take extra care of you. Thank you again and very best regards, Stefan Friedl, Hotel Manager