“Lives up to the Westin experience”
Review of The Westin Warsaw

The Westin Warsaw
Ranked #10 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the Westin in Warsaw to go to a Polish wedding of one of my wife's work colleagues.

From the outset, the staff were attentive and very courteous, nothing being too much trouble.

The room was clean and of the Westin standard, which we have always enjoyed. We have stayed in Westin's all over the world, and this one did not disappoint. The external lift fascinated us and gave us a great view of Warsaw, day and night. Our friends, for whom this was a first at a Westin, were also very pleased with the room and the stay in general. I have to agree with another reviewer that the tv was limited in tv programmes but this a problem that seems to be common where ever we go now. The TV itself however, was modern and up to the job. If you wanted films, I believe there was a great choice. We however did not seem to have time to watch tv as we were out until we got tired.

Breakfasts were good and the variety seemed to cater for all tastes.

The hotel is conveniently placed for both the Old Town and modern Warsaw. We will definitely go there again on our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SFriedl, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear JanS7

thank you very much for the great review. The elevators are quite famous in Poland as they have been featured in some movies and TV shows .... which leads me to the next: I am sorry about the TV channel selection, and as your post was the second to mention it to me, we have started to review and we will see what could be changed.

Let me know when you are coming back!

Very best regards

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Two times guest. Perfect for business travel, very modern, good location and impeccable service.
The restaurant is quite nice and even for the Mediterranean taste the menu is well balanced. Not expensive.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marco C

Dear Marco C,

Thank you very much for your review and the positive comments. You will be happy to hear that the restaurant Fusion became even nicer - during the summer of this year we have done some very nice changes ,,, and by October we will take the Fusion way of cooking to the next level .... hope to see you again soon and then we aime to get 5 stars in your next review.

Thank you again and very best regards

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Friendly staff, very helpful. Rooms very spacious and super clean. A bit far from all the attractions, like the old town etc.
It is walkable, but a fraction too far for my liking, would have like to be a bit closer.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on the higher floor levels, there are good views of Warsaw, and you can enjoy the S...

Dear Designcb,

thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel and for having stayed with us during your recent trip to Poland. I know what you mean in regards to location, a 15-20 minutes walk to the old town via the park is not bad, but if you want to go back and forward it could be closer. The Golden Terraces shopping center is only 5 minutes away - worth a visit, not only to shop but to see the amazing design and architecture of the building. The museum of the upraising is also only 10 min walking distance ...

I hope to see you again in Warsaw.

Very best regards, be well

Stefan Friedl

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Once, one of my favorite hotels.

Now a shadow of itself. Service is ok, but not nearly as perfect as before. So nice and helpful staff, but the hotel is not what they want it to be.

The room a little dingy, minibar defective and was not repaired, outlet in bathroom defect and sat loose. Old and slow TV. Very few stations on TV and only a few bad and old movies on pay TV.

€ 21 for wifi per day are overpriced and not worthy of 2014.

Food from the kitchen still really low quality, go out and eat, but the breakfast is good.

Laundry service is high class, really good.

A Queen died.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank TheTravellingDane
SFriedl, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear TheTravellingDane,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback. Certainly it is much nicer to read compliments, but is it also very important to hear when things go wrong. I am very sorry that during your stay things did go wrong and I like to apologize for these shortcomings most sincerely.

I would be very grateful if you would contact me directly, so not only I can check if the room was in the meantime repaired, but also to hear more from you about the food, because this is the first time that I read a comment about our kitchen, usually all guests are full of praise when it comes to lunch and dinner. I also wonder what has happened with the payTV selection, we are working with a 3rd party company, like most hotels in the world, to always have a good selection of the newest movies, mixed with all-time classics - in total over 50 movies to choose and 32 TV stations (TV of course in different languages, which limits the options a bit).

In regards to the internet, we are offering free Wi-Fi in all public areas since January this year, in addition to the 4 floors of our Executive Club and to all premium members of Loyalty program and however we are working on a solution for all the guest rooms at the moment, which I hope we will be able to introduce in the not too distance future.

We have just complete an extensive renovation of our Executive Club Lounge and we are planning to finish the revitalization of our ground floor, including the restaurant Fusion, JP’s Bar & Café and the public areas shortly, followed by an update of the rooms later this year – we are constantly trying to improve the hotel product and to increase the overall experience of our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us, for your feedback and I hope to hear from you (Thank you in advance for this) or maybe we can meet personally during your next stay.

Best regards from Warsaw

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

The Westin is a modern, clean and conveniently located hotel.
The rooms are quite comfortable for both the business and casual traveler.
The location is within walking distance of some city attractions. The museum of the Warsaw Uprising is about a 15/20 minute walk as is the train station and it's shopping opportunities. The walk to the restored historic old town is a bit longer but takes one past many dining and shopping choices.
The breakfast buffet is bountiful with a vast array of options.
WiFi is free only in the lobby hot spot. In that respect they are a bit behind the curve in my opinion.
Overall...this is a top chioce for a stay in Warsaw.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lou D,

thank you very much for your nice review, the 5 star rating and of course for being our guest during your recent trip to Warsaw. Thank you for the compliments about the hotel and the breakfast - in regards to the WIFI ... you will be happy to hear that we are working on a solution and I hope I am able to announce it soon.

Very best regards and hope to see you again one day - Warsaw is always worth a trip

Be Well

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed with my wife at the beautiful Westin Warsaw hotel from August 22th to 24th, it was a really unique special experience. Starting from the doorman / valet, then front desk staff, restaurant staff, special mention the operations manager, in general all staff members were always very helpful, they all made our stay very comfortable and unforgettable. The rooms were impeccably clean every day and the food was great.
The hotel location is in the heart of the city and makes everything possible "walking distance".
The service received everyday at the hotel in every moment was excellent.
We didn’t find any bad details to make comments about it.
My wife forgot in the room her prada sandals and Mr Piotr Dorocinki (Service Express Supervisor) did everything until she got her sandals back during our stay in Madrid, just an outstanding special job.
Congrats to all Westin Warsaw team members, you all are doing a great job and thank you for having us.
Henry Contreras

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SFriedl, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Henry Contreras,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and your great feedback, which I will certainly share with the team. I am so happy to hear that Piotr was able to help getting your wife's shoes back to her (Madrid ,,, used to be my home for the past 3 years, before moving to Warsaw earlier this year).

Thank you again and very best regards

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed for few nights in Westin Warsaw. Excellent modern hotel in town centre.
Check in was fast and pleasant. Practical room with tea and coffee making facilities and bathroom to die for! Separate bath and shower cubicle that is showering heaven :-) Beds are excellent (rather high) and offer comfortable night's sleep. There is also an option to purchase bedlinen that are used at hotel.
Delicious breakfast with good selection.
Service is great also.
Overall this hotel has everything to offer for comfortable and luxurious stay.

Room Tip: higher floor is better as you get nicer view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Iriekh,

thank you for your nice review and the 5 stars! and of course for recently staying with us. I am very happy to read that you did enjoy your stay and that everything was perfect. Yes, you are absolutely correct, the bed linen for our Heavenly Beds (the Westin Hotels' signature beds) can be bought and many guests even order the entire beds for their homes.

Thank you again and hope to see you in the future in Warsaw.

Best regards