“Excellent choice!”
Review of The Westin Warsaw

The Westin Warsaw
Ranked #11 of 129 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Very nice rooms, nice atmosphere and fantastic view. Walking distance to the center!

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,370)

Reviewed 29 October 2009

I have stayed at the Westin in Warsaw at least 20 times over the past years and never been disappointed. The rates are excellent, the location is perfect near the city centre and the quality of the hotel cannot be contested.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2009

The hotel isn't by the Royal Route but more in a business area. It's about a 20 minute walk to the old town. The hotel is architecturally striking, reception is large and inviting. Staff are professional but stiff. I left my glasses in their gym and the duty manager went with me at 11pm to look for them which is exceptional service. The rooms are vbery modern and beautiful with a bathroom and small tea/coffee fridge area on entry and a large bedroom with a huge comfortable bed and a office area. It's all very swish and 5* and certainly isn't a disappointment.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Tajine
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We stayed at the Westin in Warsaw for 4 nights, and had a really pleasant experience. The hotel room was really spacious and the decor was fresh. The rooms were really 'airy' with loads of light and sprawling views. The staff were friendly, courteous and professional. The “heavenly” beds are ‘heavenly’ indeed – this is something that he chain is known for.

The hotel's location would probably be more ideal for business travellers than vacationers, but it is still very central. This was the first time that we have stayed at The Westin, and we're hooked. Will definitely stay with this chain again!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keen_TravellerPerth
Reviewed 30 September 2009

Although the building and rooms are nice and quiet, the service from the hotel staff, especially from the concierge and registration desk were quite disappointing. Here are a few examples: 1) Extraneous charges such as internet, bar/food and taxi service are extremely expensive, but worse of all is the mini bar operation. If you move anything in the mini bar it is electronically registered as usage and you are charged. We bought some local beer and vodka and placed them in the mini bar by moving the existing bottles around. This resulted in being charged approximately $90.00 each day for 5 days. Event though the maid never had to replace anything in the mini bar. I was never notified at check out that these charges were pending. I only found out when we got home. Days after we left we are still trying to clear up this issue. 2) Most 5 star hotels offer currency exchange but Westin does not, 3) Every time we asked the concierge questions regarding certain places to visit they could not direct us on how to get there. The worse case was sending us to an open market called Rembertow Bazar and the taxi driver could not find the market based upon the address given to him by the concierge. That trip cost us 90 zls for nothing. When I brought this to the attention of the concierge he said he got the address off of Google. No apology and didn't say he would make note of it so future quests would be spared this incident. It would have been nice if they called in advance to verify the accuracy of the address. For these reasons I cannot rate this hotel very high. Buyer be ware.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steve063
Reviewed 19 September 2009

I selected the Westin during a lull in hotel rates in Warsaw. For less than 110 euros, I stayed in an Executive Room for 2-nights. This establishment delivered on all fronts as expected from the Westin - lovely room; high-quality restaurant; solid business-location. I was, however, very disapointed with the service.

1) Restaurant: in a dining room full of men, I had the waitress scream-out my room number. Why? She wanted to confirm that my "messy number writing" was indeed correct to charge my room bill. When informed that I didn't appreciate this indiscretion, she simply shrugged her shoulders and blinked her eyes. Not great.

2) Bar: how long does it take to get salty snacks? A beverage? A bill?Were they peeved that I sat at a table? Well - you will have to wait a good long time at this cigar-smokey location. A surly waiter with smelly pits leaned over to drop the bill-folder from about 20 cm above the table. No word of thanks. I suppose a lady having an orange juice and some pretzels isn't exactly the right type of clientele for a normally raucheous weekday after-work crowd.

3) Patrons: Dinner on night 2 was a real adventure. Having experienced having my room number shouted out to a crowd of diners, I specifically asked for a QUIET CORNER, NON-SMOKING. Nope and nope. Instead - I was placed at the vortex of 3 noisy work-dinners, inhaling downwind from the smokey bar... 1 table with PZU insurance employees celebrating a deal; another with French visitors; and a third with a table of drunker and drunker patrons insisting on taking the empty seat opposite my table for two. I was also asked more than twice whether I was alone; on business/pleasure; and solicited. Keep in mind - I was in this hotel for 2 nights only.

After a good year of traveling reguarly to Poland for business, I would suppose that the higher range of hotel, the more obnoxious the crowd tends to be in common areas -- the more POORLY the female travelers are typically treated. I have never experienced the likes of such treatment at the Novotels in Warsaw - which may to be less "stars," but far more "comfortable" in terms of understanding a woman-traveler's requirements. I don't wish to be a hostage to room service. I do enjoy just going to a hotel's restaurant for a quick meal after a day at work... but never have I felt so out of place in what is supposed to represent an establishment of quality.

Would I recommmend this to a friend? Not if my dear friend might be a single female traveling on her own. Otherwise - you boys are welcome to knock yourselves out at this all-guy club-house.

Finally - did i bring this up to management? You bet. Any reply from them? Not a sound.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank YellowGrrl
Reviewed 19 September 2009

This is an excellent hotel for anyone travelling on business. The rooms are perfectly appointed and arranged for business travellers. The beds are the very best, and the bathrooms stunning.
That being said, this hotel has flaws for the average traveller, specifically tourists. The location is less than desireable for walkers, and there is no free parking for drivers. There is a well lit, very secure parking facility available behind the hotel. However: you will be on your own to set it up, and it is quite expensive.
The restaurant is magnificent, and reasonably priced for a "Fusion" restaurant. The cuisine is unique, and brilliantly prepared. If you order iced tea, you should be aware there are not free refills. Just water? It will be good bottled water, however, you will be charged once again.
And now for the personal comments. This hotel is certainly worth every penny you will pay. It is fully appointed, has a great bar perfectly suited to business "meetings", and a magnificent restaurant. The beds are naturally the best, and the rooms excellent. So why was I disappointed? The initial "reception" was less than adequate. One of the doormen was more concerned about my vehicle blocking the already blocked driveway than helping us find the front desk. Although the desk personnel were professional, and competent, two out of three were rude. When I needed directions to the airport, I was directed to the drivers outside. Every other hotel in Poland gave me a local map, circled the hotel, and offered some verbal information. I booked two rooms for my myself and my wife, and my father-in-law, at the same time. Although each room was booked on seperate accounts, I asked for, and was told I would recieve, adjacent rooms. I did not. They were at least on the same floor.
The Westin Warsaw is all in all, an excellent hotel--for business travellers. Tourists should probably look elsewhere for a friendlier, warmer, better located place. A great bed is great, but it certainly is not everything!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple