“My favourite in Warsaw”

Ranked #4 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
London
“My favourite in Warsaw”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

The choice of hotels in Warsaw is quite good these days. You can stay in a stylish, modern or period place.
This one has been opened for many years now and it remains my favourite in the city for comfort, service and convenience as well as value.
I stayed in this place probably around 10 times over the years and, though it has not always been great, on the whole it is good and reliable.
It is perfect for business travellers as it has everything you need and it has the most amazing views from the top floor spa.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Dear Guest,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for having the time to share your comments after your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to learn that we fulfilled your expectations, and I assure you that your comments will help us to maintain our high standards of service.

We are grateful for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again to InterContinental Warszawa.

Yours sincerely,

InterContinental Warszawa
Ul. Emilii Plater 49
00-125 Warszawa
Tel: + 48 22 328 8900

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Somerville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

This hotel seemed to have every amenity I could imagine a traveler would want. There was both a tub and a shower, which was large enough to have a small party in. We stayed on the 30th floor and had a lovely view of the city. The fitness facility was fabulous. It included weights, cardio equipment, personal trainers, a pool, Jacuzzi, and fitness classes – all with a breathtaking view from the top floors. This hotel seems best suited to the business traveler, as it was not as close as other hotels to the main tourist attractions.

We did have one problem with our stay, but the Intercontinental handled it graciously and professionally. I had chosen this hotel specifically because my mother and I were leaving Poland the next day, and booking.com listed “airport shuttle” as one of the services provided at the hotel. When I checked in the night before our departure, I told the gentleman that we would need to take a 1 p.m. shuttle, and he said that would not be a problem. The next morning, someone knocked on my door to confirm a 1:00 departure. Then, when I went to check out, I asked where we should meet the shuttle, and the gentleman informed me that there was, and never had been, a shuttle to the airport from the Intercontinental. I was so confused! I told him about checking in the night before and the woman who had knocked on my door. The best they could figure was that we had been confused with a group that had a bus departing around the same time and that the man who checked us in thought we meant the hotel limo.

Nonetheless, the man checking us out handled the situation very well. He immediately arranged for the hotel car to take us to the hotel gratis. I have since contacted both the hotel and booking.com to let them know about this problem, so hopefully there won’t be further confusion about this. I cannot fault the Intercontinental’s handling of the situation though.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KLJ-17
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

This was a birthday trip, and it was really good value. We were on the 29th floor with views across the city through huge picture windows, and of the Palace of Culture and Science - OK, not to everyone's taste, but we asked for the view. The staff were helpful and polite. It's a chain hotel, so a bit corporate, but we knew what we were getting, and it was lovely and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was not included in the price, and a bit steep at around £15 (I think) but the Wedel Café on the ground floor offered a selection of large breakfast plates at around £8, which were really good, and much better value. The architecture is interesting - the 'slice' through the building was apparently added when local residents complained they would be in constant shade. I'd certainly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Lillestrøm.norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

the location is perfect for me who loves to shop.staff speak english well.helpful and courteous.buffet breakfast is sumptous..brunch is highly recommended.swimming pool is small but jacuzzi is perfect -nice view of the entire city..room is big...tv has good audio..club is ok

Room Tip: book via hotelclub or be a member of their priority club
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

The hotel location is good, easy to reach from all directions. There are hotel taxi's that take you anywhere (even to far of places outside of town and collect you there as well). The conciergeservice is good, great inside tips and last minute tickets to events. The gym, with pool has a spectacular view of the city and up to date equipment. The inhouse spa can be recommended, open early in the morning till late; wonderfull massage. Rooms are contemporary, feel clean and are comfortable. The steak restaurant is good, try the local organic beef. The lobby feels a bit cold and unpersonal as does the bar in the basement. Good place to be comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher floor is best
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for having chosen InterContinental Warszawa for your stay in Warsaw.

Yours sincerely,

Northern Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is a lovely hotel with modern decor and nice views of the city from the rooms. If you can spring for the upgrade to get the concierge access, it's worth it! With the upgrade you get access to the concierge floor - there you have a lovely lobby with free wifi and all sorts of yummy snacks and beverages throughout the day (including booze!) Not to mention this amazing coffee/espresso machine that makes the drinks in front of you. Best cup of coffee ever! In the morning there is a great breakfast with lots of variety and in the evenings there is a light dinner fare (more like heavy appetizers). You could certainly get away with eating all your meals in the lounge for free, but you should venture out of the hotel and explore. There are lots of great places to eat nearby. Highly recommend the Radio Cafe - best periogi I ever ate! This hotel is very close to the train station, the mall, and a not too far from the old town area, if you don't mind walking about 20 blocks or so. We did it a few times and found the stroll enjoyable. The Poland train system is quite confusing, especially if you aren't a native speaker. We had quite a bit of difficulty with our tickets and route and locating someone in the train station who could help us. Our broken Polish was useless and amazingly nobody understood english. That was the first and last time that had happened on the trip. Thankfully we spoke to the hotel concierge who went out of his way to help us and make sure we located our correct train and trip schedule. I don't know what we would have done without him. Anyway, this is a great hotel for all your needs in Warsaw. Don't forget the chocolates, visit the shop adjacent to the lobby - the warm drinking chocolate is unbelievable!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

On my first day, I got welcomed by a very nice receptionist who instantly upgraded my room to an apartment after finding out that I paid too much for my cab from the airport. She even tried to call the police to report it.

My room is very ideal for business travellers: huge cabinets, hangers for more than a week stay, free internet access, couches for surprise visitors, a small kitchen for unlimited tea and coffee, a safe.

The bathroom is huge and very clean. It has separate shower and tub. Soap, shampoo and towels are replenished everyday. Their housekeeping is really superb!

The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful - I forgot my phone charger in my home country and the receptionist helped me get one from their pile of chargers. Too bad there's none that can fit my phone but he directed me to the electronic store to buy one instead.

My daily breakfast is already free. They have wide variety of food choices available and there's this nice Harpist that plays while you're eating - I thought it was just the usual recorded music in a breakfast lounge but it's live!

They have a very nice pool at the roof deck with a very good view of the city. There's also a gym room complete with machines and free weights.

Everything is really great in this hotel and I will never think twice to stay here again once I get the chance to go back to Warsaw.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank daskid
Dear Guest,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your nice comments regarding our employee, after your recent visit with us.

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

Yours Sincerely,