“incredible”

InterContinental Hotel Warsaw
Ranked #5 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had an amazing stay here, the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful, arranging taxis and helping with anything you could want, although it would have been helpful if we could have got some paracetamol or something for a migraine in the hotel but they suggested a pharmacy a few minutes walk away, the room itself was great, the bed was incredibly comfortable but the pillows were a little too thin, I should have got some more from the pillow menu but never got round to it, we got a smoking room which was a great benefit.
The Spa is unbelievable, make as much use of it as possible, the view is beautiful and when sunset comes and they light the candles its incredible.
Breakfast was great everything you could ask for cooked, pastries, fruit, fish, salad, even miso soup and dim sum, the harp player was a nice touch. There was a difference between Friday and Saturday breakfasts though, on Saturday it was extremely busy and the staff seemed very overrun taking a while to get things such as teas coffees and replenishing things, and some of the bread was wet, possibly from defrosting.
The only negative i have to say is to pay £15 (300 zloty) a day for Wifi in the room is a bit much for a 5 star hotel.
We made full use of the hotel car service, anywhere in the city centre for 30 zloty in a great Mercedes and the driver gave us tips on what to do and where to go.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gareth J
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our property and recommend IC Warszawa in such a nice way.
Your words state a great value for me and the entire team. We are happy and proud that our everyday's work is visible and reflects on our guests’ satisfaction and good impressions in memory when you leave.
That's very important and power giving to all of us.
Thank you.
Hoping to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is a 5 star hotel in every aspect. All the staff I spoke to were extremely helpful & professional, nothing was to much trouble. I loved our room, especially the bathroom which had both a bathtub & a massive shower cubicle! The complementary toiletries were gorgeous & the bathroom was spotlessly clean. The bed was enormous, very comfortable & a good nights sleep was easy as the room was so quiet.
I was very impressed with the swimming pool & sauna area, where I spent a very relaxing 2 hours. The changing room was clean, well organised & contained complimentary 'Elemis' toiletries. The swimming pool & jacuzzi were also well maintained & clean. I didn't use the mini bar or eat any meals at the hotel, I was put off by the very high prices. Instead I ate my breakfast in a local cafe at a fraction of the price.
The hotel is conveniently located just a 5 minutes walk from Warsaw Central Station (where you can catch a train to Modlin Airport) , a modern shopping centre & almost opposite The Palace of Science & Culture.
I have no hesitation in returning to this hotel if I'm ever in Warsaw again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kazbar100
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Warszawa for your recent stay and for taking the time to share you words of appreciation.

I will share your comments with my team - they are truly awarding and motivate us to do even better in the future. Your feedback makes us proud of our services and facilities.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

We look forward to receiving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was in room 3801. The minute I walked in I already knew this stay was going to be great. What a great view on Warsaw I had! The bathroom was spacious, bathroom had a rain shower (!!!). Although the minibar looked good, I didn't take anything as it was too pricy (but in which hotel it isn't?). A nice surprise was the Nespresso machine. The coffee is so much better than the one you get from the regular coffee makers. It's something like this Nespresso machine that makes this hotel better than another. When entering the bathroom I was nicely surprised to see the goodies (shampoo, etc) as there were a lot of them and they were from good quality. The bed was spacious and very comfortable.
I arrived at the hotel around 10 pm. As I was on my own I did not want to go out in a city I do not know to find some food. Also I was tired so not keen on visiting the hotel restaurant either. So I ordered room service (which came up to my room very quickly!). Thank God I did that as I ate the best sandwich ever: fresh tuna with avocado. The tuna was cooked perfectly, done at the edge, raw at the centre. I think I have never eaten so slowly, just to enjoy every single second of that sandwich. As desert I took the cheese pie, it was a bit dry but still very nice.
I slept very well, the bed was really comfortable. It gave me a hard time to get up. After I stumbled into the bathroom I took a rainy shower...heavenly. I wished I had gotten up earlier so I could have been in the shower much longer!! Because I got up so late, stood under the shower too long, I didn't have a lot of time to enjoy the breakfast as I had a taxi waiting for me. I wish I could have stayed longer. The buffet was extensive with very nice things.
People at the reception desk were very friendly, spoke English very well. I asked them to arrange for a taxi. They asked me if I wanted to have a city taxi or not, I said "I don't know" (first time I was travelling for business reason, first time in Poland, so no clue at all about taxis...), they said "we'll take care no problem". Offcourse they took the hotel taxi, which I can understand from their side as that's revenue for them whilst a city taxi would have been the best option from the customer's standpoint as that one is much cheaper. But it was my fault, I should have said that I wanted a city taxi in the first place. Lesson learned for the next time :-). I really hope I can travel back to Poland once again. I will then make sure I arrive much earlier so I can enjoy the room much longer. Will get up earlier to enjoy that shower again and have a long breakfast :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tineke07

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing such a nice review to Tripadvisor pages.

It was real pleasure to learn that your stay with us was such a pleasant one. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our services and facilities.Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise, reward and motivation for the future.
I am looking forward to be able to welcome you back to InterContinental Warszawa.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

nice hotel , clean rom , make up every day , big and enough towels , the 3. bed was finish make up when we arrive , nice . and the breakfast was very good , with difrent coffe choise :-) a place I would return to , the people in reception was very proffesional , and helpful .
but the restaurant in the hotel is .... exellent in taste , but you will still be hungry.... and maybe without more money ...... way too small portions and WAY ,FAR WAY to expensive.....

Room Tip: ask for ekstra pillow
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Hoping to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Spent 4 nights at the Intercontinental in Warsaw. Got a great deluxe corner room at the 30th floor.
Very nice room with great views of the Palace of Culture. Room size was good, bathroom very nice and good size. Both bathtub and shower was nice. Bed was very big and comfortable.
Selection of TV channels was way over par, loads to choose from. WiFi was a bit shaky a couple of times but in general it was good and the speed was adequate.
A nice bonus in the room was a Nespresso machine, nice to have good coffee in the room.
Tried the gym at the 43rd floor and was very impressed, excellent quality for a hotel. Loads of machines to choose from. Swimming pool looked really nice, didn't try it out though.
Breakfast buffet was simply excellent, one of the best I've ever seen to be honest. Selection was very wide and everything was very tasty and fresh.
Staff was very friendly and service minded throughout the hotel.
The Intercontinental in Warsaw proved to be a very good experience and I would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the Palace of Culture. It offers so much nicer views than the other direction...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank j_a70

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for having chosen InterContinental Warszawa for your recent visit to Warsaw and for having taken the time to write such a positive feedback about your stay.
I am pleased to learn that we fulfilled your expectations.
We really appreciate your nice feedback.

We look forward to serve your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Very efficient hotel in the heart of Warsaw. Very comfortable rooms, with superb bathroom. Power shower to die for. A visit to the pool and gym on ether 43rd floor is a must. Service top notch, and an excellent breakfast to boot. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the highly emotive Culture centre.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GMcDPaderborn
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at InterContinental Warszawa and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled that our room and gym worked for you and that our service exceeded your expectations.
We strive to deliver the highest level of service so as to ensure our customers will return. I do hope that you manage to come and visit us again. Thank you again for your excellent review.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 January 2014

One of the best hotel we ever stayed.
Rooms are clean, modern and spacious.
Breakfast is superb and the Spa Gym and Pool on the 43rd floor simply amazing.
Location close to the main train station and shopping centre and city centre only 10 mins walking away.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing such a nice review to Tripadvisor pages.
It was real pleasure to learn that your stay with us was such a pleasant one. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise, reward and motivation for the future.

Best Regards,