“Super location, friendly staff and great amenities”

InterContinental Hotel Warsaw
Ranked #4 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Munich, Germany
“Super location, friendly staff and great amenities”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here in July 2014. There is a reason this hotel is ranked #2 in Warsaw on TA. We arrived from airport at 9 a.m., they cleaned a room right away. We needed extra time to check out, no problem. Great breakfast overlooking the ugly but interesting Russian building across the street. Warsaw's great Golden Terrace mall is five minutes away.
One tip though, using the hotel taxi instead of a city taxi costs double. Also, take a city taxi for other trips around town as the hotel taxi has a preset charge, always higher.

All in all great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, great views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Richjjohn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxford
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at the Intercontinental Warsaw during a business trip and really enjoyed the experience. The hotel enjoys a central location over 45 floors, the views across Warsaw and beyond are fantastic. Service throughout my stay was excellent and I found their limousine service really professional and the drivers were excellent, it made my life during my stay so much easier.
The rooms were as you would expect from a 5 star first class and the spa and pool on the 45 floor was incredible, as you work out you look out over Warsaw.
I found the city it self really vibrant and just loved the place, and the Polish are just wonderful
one issue I had was the WIFI was very hit and miss, which I found annoying

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in July. I am a Gold IHG member so I used my points. The hotel is roughly about 30 mins from Frederic Chopin International Airport. I took the taxi and it costs me about 30PLN.

Nice to say that I was upgraded to room in 34 floor. I got the most amazing view of the Palace of Culture (a gift from Russia to Poland). A very imposing and huge structure. There is a nice park opposite the hotel, Hard Rock Cafe next to the hotel, the biggest shopping mall next to the hotel, a nice Polish restaurant within 3 mins walk. A set lunch costs less than £5! There is also a tourist information centre opposite the hotel. I took the tourist bus which is about 5 mins walk away near the Marriott Hotel. The main train and bus station is also located next to the hotel.

I like this hotel best in terms of location. I had a look at the Westin, Sheraton and even the Hilton, they are all located in not a nice desirable location. It's about 10-15 mins to the old town. Walk in front of the hotel, You will see some shopping centre, with Zara, H&M, etc. Cut through the shopping centre on Chmielna Road and then you are at the start of the road (NOWY SWIAT) which leads you to the old town. There are many restaurants along this road too.

My room was big. My only gripe is the window is not floor to ceiling. There is a table and armchair, coffee and tea making with espresso machine, TV, AC, ironing board, safe, free bottle of water, bath, big shower and all toiletries.

The best thing about the hotel is the pool on the top floor. The gym is located above the pool and one get the best view of the city while working out. There is also sauna and steam room. The gym can be busy during peak hours as I think it's open to the public.

The breakfast is also good with all the usual variety. There is a cash machine in the lobby but I would suggest using the western union near the hotel. The rates I got is 5.1 to the PLN.

Overall a nice hotel. Staff all speak English and friendly bunch. Would come back again as I like the location. The building is also quite a spectacular design…

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I came here for a company training event and I must say it was a lovely stay. We had arrived late and all the restaurants were closed but the bar very kindly served all of us (35+) food and drink. It was chaotic as they had not been expecting it but dealt with it very well.

I must also say that the lunch buffet that the hotel offers is one of the best I have seen in a while. Furthermore it is in an ideal location making it easy to get to the airport.

If you find the time do go to the gym/spa as you have some incredible views which are worth seeing!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I spent a couple of nights in the InterContinental on a business trip. It's close to the central station and easy to reach by direct train from the airport (single fare less than GBP 1!) I didn't have time to do any exploring but saw that there was a large shopping centre nearby.

My room was a decent size and the bathroom was clean and modern. There was lots of choice for breakfast and the hot food on the buffet was kept nice and hot. The swimming pool on the top floor had good views over the city and stayed open quite late into the evening. Checking in and out was speedy and the staff were all pleasant. I would like to return to Warsaw for sightseeing and would definitely consider staying in the InterContinental.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Vantaa, Finland
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had a wonderful stay at Intercontinental. It is within walking distance to all the major sights. There is a good shopping center (Golden Terraces=Zlote Tarasy), just a stone's throw away. Plentiful breakfast. Rooms are good sized. For internet connection you need to pay extra 75PLN (per 24hrs).

Room Tip: Beautiful views from the top floors. Our room was on 33th floor.
Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank travellingkiiku
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel has one of the best possible locations in Warsaw. On check in, my room was upgraded to 38th floor room which made me quite happy. The room was quite large and provided a royal experience. Service was amazing, staff was quite helpful and guided you well about small details. I could see the Palace of Culture and Science from my window and good city view from my room.Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business