“Best stay”

InterContinental Hotel Warsaw
Ranked #4 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
“Best stay”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is ranked at the top for a reason. The service was excellent from the beginning to the end. Because of our anniversary our room was upgraded to a deluxe suite on the 33rd floor with a view of the city. We even received a complimentary wine and chocolate on arrival. The room was also very clean

The breakfast was great with a good variety of tasting. It included free champagne, and there was even a lady playing the harp in the background.

The location of the hotel is good with a big shopping mall only a 5 min walk away

I could say a lot more positive things about this hotel, but you should just experience it for yourself.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warsaw
Reviewed 29 July 2014

More and more the best one hotel in Warsaw. All is perfect: room, staff,services, swimming pool, sauna, turkish bath, sport area. Breakfast super, unforgettable. The view ok Culture Palace is wonderful. Thanks again to the special staff

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

SG
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here for a business trip in mid July. The front desk service is not the warmest I'd encountered but they were efficient at least. Most rooms had a nice view of the city and I'd enjoyed the breakfast buffets. My room was clean though I'd expected more in terms of bathroom amenities and decor. If you are used to the luxury of top Asian hotels, the lobby and room decor come across as "generic". There was no turndown service and despite the pillow menu, I couldn't find the type of pillows I like. The bed was really comfy for me as I like hard mattresses. The aircon unit was annoying to work as I couldn't get it the right temperature despite following the instructions posted next to the controls. On the last couple of days, the day curtain couldn't be drawn up because housekeeping did something to the drawstring. As I was hardly at the hotel, I didn't bother to get it corrected. Though I am surprised that housekeeping didn't notice it when they came every morning to clean the room. The best spot in the hotel was the cafe where I'd had my breakfast with lots of light from the floor to ceiling windows and a harpist which was a really nice surprise. The hotel is situated next to a mall where you can get just about anything if you run out of toothpaste or teeshirts. The hotel is walking distance to the train station, restaurants and bars. If you are visiting with small children/your family, the biggest draw will be its location and I saw several families with young kids checking in though I cannot comment if the staff/facilities are considered family friendly enough. Only regret was not finding the time to visit the pool on the top floor. Annoying that wifi is not free on standard floors as that is becoming a standard offering for most hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest possible floor, you may just get upgraded with needing to pay for it if you are...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ubermum_lisa
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice big rooms that are clean and have a huge bathroom. Location is good near a shopping mall and the train station. Old town is a 15 to 20 minute walk. Loved the pool with a view over Warsaw. Spa was very nice too. Staff was friendly. One of the better hotels I stayed in.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 71rm
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here in July 2014. There is a reason this hotel is ranked #2 in Warsaw on TA. We arrived from airport at 9 a.m., they cleaned a room right away. We needed extra time to check out, no problem. Great breakfast overlooking the ugly but interesting Russian building across the street. Warsaw's great Golden Terrace mall is five minutes away.
One tip though, using the hotel taxi instead of a city taxi costs double. Also, take a city taxi for other trips around town as the hotel taxi has a preset charge, always higher.

All in all great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, great views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Richjjohn
Oxford
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at the Intercontinental Warsaw during a business trip and really enjoyed the experience. The hotel enjoys a central location over 45 floors, the views across Warsaw and beyond are fantastic. Service throughout my stay was excellent and I found their limousine service really professional and the drivers were excellent, it made my life during my stay so much easier.
The rooms were as you would expect from a 5 star first class and the spa and pool on the 45 floor was incredible, as you work out you look out over Warsaw.
I found the city it self really vibrant and just loved the place, and the Polish are just wonderful
one issue I had was the WIFI was very hit and miss, which I found annoying

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in July. I am a Gold IHG member so I used my points. The hotel is roughly about 30 mins from Frederic Chopin International Airport. I took the taxi and it costs me about 30PLN.

Nice to say that I was upgraded to room in 34 floor. I got the most amazing view of the Palace of Culture (a gift from Russia to Poland). A very imposing and huge structure. There is a nice park opposite the hotel, Hard Rock Cafe next to the hotel, the biggest shopping mall next to the hotel, a nice Polish restaurant within 3 mins walk. A set lunch costs less than £5! There is also a tourist information centre opposite the hotel. I took the tourist bus which is about 5 mins walk away near the Marriott Hotel. The main train and bus station is also located next to the hotel.

I like this hotel best in terms of location. I had a look at the Westin, Sheraton and even the Hilton, they are all located in not a nice desirable location. It's about 10-15 mins to the old town. Walk in front of the hotel, You will see some shopping centre, with Zara, H&M, etc. Cut through the shopping centre on Chmielna Road and then you are at the start of the road (NOWY SWIAT) which leads you to the old town. There are many restaurants along this road too.

My room was big. My only gripe is the window is not floor to ceiling. There is a table and armchair, coffee and tea making with espresso machine, TV, AC, ironing board, safe, free bottle of water, bath, big shower and all toiletries.

The best thing about the hotel is the pool on the top floor. The gym is located above the pool and one get the best view of the city while working out. There is also sauna and steam room. The gym can be busy during peak hours as I think it's open to the public.

The breakfast is also good with all the usual variety. There is a cash machine in the lobby but I would suggest using the western union near the hotel. The rates I got is 5.1 to the PLN.

Overall a nice hotel. Staff all speak English and friendly bunch. Would come back again as I like the location. The building is also quite a spectacular design…

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo