Courtyard by Marriott Warsaw Airport
Hotel Lord(Warsaw)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsan early flightmain terminalterminal buildingdeparture halllate arrivalrental carlobby barconvenient locationlate at nightstayed one nightfree wifibusiness hotelquiet roomchecking inrooms are nicebusiness tripfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I spent three weeks here on a business trip (i know they serve alot of business passengers as there is a large business park one train stop away and I have noticed considerable number of business people having breakfast in the mornings) and found a few things very unsatisfactory, especially from perspective of a business traveler:

#1 Speed of WiFi: so slow I can't load a YouTube video without it buffering every few seconds...unacceptable! WiFi is so important in a foreign country: to Skype with family and relax at end of long workdays. If I can't count on WiFi to load a few videos then the hotel is automatically losing two stars from me.

#2 TV channels. There is not a single music or movie channel! I like to play something on TV in the background when I return from work. The last thing I want to hear is dribble from CNN in a loop!

#3 The lobby bar. The service is quite atrotious here. We had dinner twice and both times it took more than an hour just to get some simple soups or one entree, and I don't mean long wait for food. I mean wait to have order taken, wait for drink refills, etc. Somehow the service at the restaurant have always been fantastic. I don't know why they have such a disparity.

#4 inconsistent cleaningness: On my first night at the hotel I saw some soap/toothpaste stains by the faucet. It was quite gross and made me question whether my room was properly cleaned after the previous guest left. When I checked in for the second week into a different room, I noticed the same type of stains. But when I checked in the third time I didn't see it.

Bottom line: the front desk has always been helpful (no complaints there), the breakfast service is fairly fast (although I keep on getting two eggs when I request one - some unnecessary costs here for the hotel), and the location can't be beat, but if more hotels are built in the immediate facility then courtyard really needs to step it up a notch. The rooms are old and has poor lighting but more importantly it needs some serious technology upgrades to meet the needs of business travelers.

In my final days of the trip I spent two nights at the Hampton Inn Warsaw Airport. I couldn't stress enough how much a better experience it was, at a cheaper rate, with faster WiFi, more TV channels, newer and more attractibe rooms, and more attentive service. I would recommend Hampton Inn over the Courtyard even though it is located further.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel in early June upon arriving in Warsaw and upon departing from the Polish capital, initially for reasons of convenience. Indeed, the hotel is just a few stones' throw from the main terminal on top of a building reserved to car rental companies. We arrived late at night, checked in in no time, slept well and retrieved our rental car in the morning. We left half of our luggage there during our weeklong tour of southern Poland. The hotel is comfortable, typically Marriott style. Staff were friendly and efficient ( which is not always the case in Poland, alas! ) and the breakfast buffet was varied and excellent quality. This hotel should be recommended

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The Courtyard stands immediately adjacent to the terminal building of Warsaw Frederick Chopin Airport and as such it has a ready market in travellers arriving late or with early check ins. With such a location as an advantage it would be possible to get away with low standards as people will stay there just to be close to the airport. However this most definitely not the case with the Courtyard!

From the outside it is unprepossessing but once in the reception are the atmosphere is one of quiet and calm efficiency. Check was simple and efficient. The rooms spacious and comfortable with excellent Wifi, TV and minbar. Although the hotel sits nxt the the airport the galzing is of such a standard that you would not know it. The air conditioning/heating system was very efficient and responsive - again a plus where one cannot realistically expect to open the windows. The restaurant had a good selection of 'specials' and a la carte, the service was first rate and the food of a high standard. The staff were pleasant and welcoming and all the ones I had dealings with spoke impeccable English, something one would not necessarily find from native speakers in Britain!

So apart from its location this hotel has much to commend it as place to stay. Perhaps if one was staying in Warsaw for longer a hotel closer to the centre would be more ideal but with a choice of bus, train and taxi it would be possible to use the Courtyard as a base for a short break.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We recently stayed twice at this property at the beginning and end of our trip. Its location, adjacent to the terminal is within easy walking distance and also houses the rental car parking lot in its garage. Our room was quiet, very clean, comfortable beds and appointed in typical Marriott fashion. The breakfast buffet was great and the free wi-fi throughout the hotel was a nice amenity. There was even a a mini convenience food market located just off the lobby. Nice to have since there aren't any stores within walking distance of the airport! Friendly staff, convenient location and competitive pricing made this an excellent choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

For an airport property, this was a very nice hotel. The service was fantastic. Our room was perfect and comfortable. The best thing about the property is it is literally across the street from the airport. It was so easy to catch our flight the next morning. All we had to do is walk 5 minutes to the terminal. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the morning. The food was really good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family