“Virtually inside the airport, but not much else”

Courtyard by Marriott Warsaw Airport
Ranked #26 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The convenience of this hotel - in that is is right front of airport terminal - is its main draw.

Just a short walk across the street from the main terminal, it's ideal if you arrive late in Warsaw and leave next day in the morning. Check-in was ok, and the room was as you would expect from a Courtyard - though there was no toilet brush and only one bathrobe despite two of us staying in the room. We also caught a bus into Warsaw city which was cheap and easy, and took about 25 mins. Not that this hotel is recommended for Warsaw city sightseeing, but we wanted a quick dinner in the city as we had some time. So for that, there was no real problem.

The price is also fair, though the parking is overpriced and they could do a better park & fly combo deal. My only real complaint is that there was no executive lounge (or in lieu of that breakfast vouchers) for frequent Marriott guests. If it had this option and if parking was a more market orientated price, I'd have scored it another star higher.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevernscott

Reviewed 14 December 2013

On a short overnight visit to Warsaw this is a convenient place to stay - within walking distance of the terminal. One tip for arriving passengers - go up one floor and leave via the Departures as the route is just 100 meters and does not involve building works and car parks on the Arrivals level.
Helpful staff - even if I had to wait for the Admin office to open the next morning.

Room Tip: Fourth floor room was quiet and comfortable.
1  Thank Guy R
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The hotel is very convenient - just walk across the road and you are at the terminal. But that is the only positive - granted a very important one. Since there is no other hotel on the airport grounds, my estimation is that there is hardly any motivation to improve the service in this Courtyard. My husband and I spent several hours trying to speak by phone - impossible. The hotel has to upgrade their telephone system and assign someone to answer the phone. There are no glasses in the room - plastic or otherwise. After a frustrating night, I spoke with someone at the front desk about my issues (also I think I saved them aggravation and $ by pointing out there is a door stop protruding close to the middle of the room - an accident waiting to happen). I got a half-hearted sorry. This hotel did not get the memo that it is a Courtyard and part of the Marriott chain. Arne Sorensen would not be happy staying in this Courtyard.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Bizplan
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Convenience of this hotel is it's excellent location in front of airport terminal. It's ideal if you arrive late to Warsaw and leave next day in the morning. It's just walking distance crossing the street from main terminal. Getting into hotel I usually have to wait a lot of time to check in. This time I was waiting about 10 minutes. Check in process was not organized, other guests arriving much later after me were checked earlier - and receptionist knew about it - but completely ignored that they overpassed me. What a surprise that when it was finally my turn appeared another receptionist (third one)... but it was anyway too late for me. Room is comfortable as usual. If you are Elite/ Platinum member do not expect any upgrade as I never got it in this hotel - including this time. This time my bathroom was not clean as it was in past. I had to remove hairs from bathtub before taking shower. After taking shower I wanted to use lotion in bathroom but I realized someone already used that before me as it was half empty. What is good about this hotel is quality of service and food in restaurant. Check out process is also not so smooth - usually you wait several minutes in queue (at least that is my experience) - therefore I always ask to get invoice at check in. Please make sure to check your credit card statement as once already happened to me in this hotel that 2 additional charges were done to my credit card for services that I did not use. Calling hotel they cancelled one charge, second charge was not fixed anyway... Overall I prefer to stay in Marriott hotel downtown if I arrive little bit earlier as it's just maximum 15 minutes’ drive from airport terminal. Only in those cases when I have few hours to sleep and every minutes count I stay in this hotel. Not only that quality of service is much better downtown but often you get better room rate than in Courtyard. This time the difference in rate was almost half but I had not much choice due to late arrival and very early morning departure.

1  Thank Martin P
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My plane were cancelled, and then SAS put me into this hotel. Hotel, room and bar is OK, but the service aint.

My voucher for food - could only be used to by a very bad buffet.And they closed the restaurant, so it wasent possible to by anything else!!!!

In the reception I ask for an converter to my computer. But NO - they couldnt help.

Never take this hotel - if you want service!!

2  Thank Nielsbak1964
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Right across from the departures hall at the airport, only 100 metre walk. If you're arriving at the airport, take the escalator to the upper departure level to walk across the road to the hotel lobby.

The one night stay I had was fine, no issues at all. I had a business lunch and evening meal, and both were good quality. I would have no reservation about hosting a client event at the hotel.

The room was comfortable, with everything you would need. There was zero noise from the airport or adjacent rooms.

The staff were very accommodating and pleasant, and the whole place has a feeling of being well run.

Good vile for the standard of hotel, and free wifi.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hawthorn37
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Rooms are well sized and clean, staff is really friendly and helpful, and location is great just steps away from the airport terminal.
Hopping to the city is not a problem; it will only take about 20 minutes.
Internet (WiFi and LAN) is free Elite members.

However, I was here last year and since then there were some changes for the bad side.
Water in the room is down to one bottle a day (from 2 last year), and amenities were also decreased.
Water stream in the shower was very low.

Room temperature was bad. Somehow they decided that it is winter now, although the weather was moderate, and the heat in the room was terrible. I asked them to shut off the heating (which they did), but still, since the windows cannot be opened, it was terribly hot.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business