“Just Outside the old town of Warsaw”

Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town
Ranked #30 of 129 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a classic Ibis hotel. All of the familiar features that appear in every one of these hotels; good breakfast, helpful front desk staff and a usually available computer for printing of boarding passes make this a perfectly adequate spot to stay in Warsaw.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve Q
Marta M, Revenue Manager at Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Marta Melon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,621)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I could not help thinking "IKEA" when I stayed here. Everything is modern, simple, not high quality but fair.
The design is neat and modern without the bloated decorating you see in some lobbies.
The best thing about the hotel is the restaurant. It is a cheap restaurant looking more like a McDonaldss than a real restaurant. This is what I have always wanted to find in a hotel where you often just need to eat alone on a business triip. The food is cheap and much beter than what the restaurant looks like and you do not feel odd sitting alone in a place like this. If you are ooking for romantic place to eat, you would want to go elsewhere.
On the negative side I must say that I experienced long waitng times both at the front desk (checking in and stopping for some information) and at the restaurant. This was not good . enough, espacially since there seemed to be a lot of staff around but somhow they all managed to look busy even though there were not that many costumers. Also the breakfast buffet is a little chaotic and not at the level you would expect at a hotel with more than two stars. The overall price however, makes this a fair deal iat a fair location in Warsaw.
A fithess center is also missing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to ibis Warsaw Old Town.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about our staff. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank SuzieA
Marta M, Revenue Manager at Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel have a nice location. Lounch bar is newly redesigned. But anyhow for me something missing. For sure the Parking fee is to high ca. 15 €, Morning at the reception -need to wait 10 minutes cause of the queue

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank VoytekLI

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed overnight at the end of a longer visit to Poland. As a school group with several children it was difficult to find a suitable hotel, this was ideal. The location was great, near enough to the Old Town and also the Metro further trips further into the city. The rooms were clean, as always with Ibis, and the breakfast very good. Our late flight the next day meant we have to leave our cases at the hotel which was not a problem. Overall an excellent visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marta M, Revenue Manager at Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the ibis Warsaw Old Town. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a week in January. The room was spotless and staff were very friendly and helpful. We made good use of the restaurant and bar in the evenings as it was -19 and too cold to go out. The food was very nice but the menu was basic, breakfast on the other hand could not be faulted. The location was alright but unless you know which trams to jump on your stuck. There were a few places we could get to on foot and all in all it was an enjoyable trip. The hotel in my opinion is good value for money and well worth a visit.

Room Tip: We requested a smoking room , this was a room situated at the back which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Marta M, Revenue Manager at Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Reviewed 22 May 2014

A decent enough hotel in a good location well within walking distance of sites and amenities

Reception was friendly and helpful - check in was swift and no issue with late check out
Room is basic, no refreshment facilities tho - I believe all hotels should provide at least one bottle of water per guest
Toilet was surprisingly NOT clean - the bowl still had remnants of the previous guest's deposit!
No safe provided in the rooms either - which did concern me slightly
However, I was only staying the one night, so not a major issue for me
Wifi is sketchy - even with 'Premium' access, you have to log in each time you switch off your device - no automatic reconnect
Breakfast was as expected, also basic, but again the staff were pleasant and quick in their service
Only downside regarding service was the bar boy....he asked me what I wanted, I ordered a pint and then he proceeded to service three other people who arrived at the bar after me first!
It was only when, what I imagine was his superior, arrived and asked me what I wanted that I finally got served my drink

Would I recommend this place? It all depends on what it is you need when staying here and your level of expectation

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Marta M, Revenue Manager at Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Warszawa Muranowska. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.