“Great value for the money”

Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town
Ranked #36 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for five nights in May :) Receptionists spoke decent English, room was okay sized and bathroom was huge. Right on the corner we found a Coffee Heaven, which served really good coffee. WIFI was available free of charge, just had to get the code from the reception. Hotel is just a walking distance away from Arkadia, which was very good for shopping. Old town is close, but if you want to travel down town save your feet and take taxi(taxi fare is very low in Warszawa). We were satisfied with our stay :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Marta M, Revenue Manager at Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town

Reviewed 26 August 2014

It's located near the Old Town Warsaw, so it's perfect. Though it's really far from downtown. It was clean and the receptionist spoke really good English.

They have really comfy, red sofas near the elevator. Though it's not a good space to have some serious talking since people who go by the elevator would pass by you.

Room Tip: Get the room facing the huge old buildings, not the one facing the modern buildings.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Definitely a good hotel, awesome value for money. The rooms are of a right size. The bathroom is huge, compared to the bedroom, with a big shower. The staff at the reception is awesome, they are friendly and helpful. I did not like the bar, just for the fact that are overpriced. Overall, good value for money but not at the bar.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Marta M, Revenue Manager at Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Micheleat314,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We only stayed here for one night and I think from memory it was roughly $50 aud wich is cheap
We were surprised with the size and quality of the room for such a cheap price it is within a ten minute walk to the warsaw old town rooms were very clean also couldn't pick a fault for the price really if I ever come back to the area I would definitely book here again or recommend the hotel to some one else :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Marta M, Revenue Manager at Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Aidan

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Marta Piasecka- Melon

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel is after your money- they try to rip you off when you try to upgrade your deal.

I made a no cancellation deal through booking.com(the most terrible website in the world) because of their tricky interface(intentionally), I accidentally clicked no cancellation deal which is right next to shiny free cancellation deal. In 30 seconds I called both the hotel and booking.com saying that I just applied to Schengen visa- I don't know if I am getting it yet so I would like to upgrade to free cancellation deal in case the visa does not come through- they said don't worry, we will help you but call back tomorrow. The following 4 days, they kept bouncing me saying " we can't help call booking.com, and I call booking.com- they say we can't help call the hotel" between all this drama they ended up charging my credit card for almost $600 and sent me an email "sorry you already picked this room- no way back"

RIDICILOUS! There is no customer courtesy or understanding.. Even when I offered them to pay more for the free cancellation rate. They were not helpful so I had to call my bank to dispute the charge.

NEVER EVER STAY at this hotel. They are SCAM and they will try to rip you off!!! Terrible customer service- no trust to their customers.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Marta M, Dyrektor generalny at Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Funter,

I would like to thank-you for your feedback. We have thousands of guests choosing our great value non refundable rates every month without issue. When you booked this rate it is clearly separated from the other rates, and on choosing that rate a further 2 times it mentions that the rate is non refundable.If your travel plans are not finalised I would always advise you to book a rate that can be changed or cancelled.

I hope we can welcome you to Ibis in the future, and wish you a great trip.

Stephen Hadley

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here two nights and really enjoyed it. The hotel looks like it was renovated recently. The room wasn't very spacious but big enough for a double bed room. The double bed was actually two very comfy beds. Everything was very clean, including the bathroom with spacious shower. Rooms are very quiet as well.

Free and safe parking at night, on saturdays and sundays next to the hotel in front of the Polonia stadium.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Marta M, Revenue Manager at Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards,
Marta Piasecka - Melon

Reviewed 15 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com