“very good location”

comfortable room
tasty breakfast
close to the parks, palaces- Lazienki, Wilanow
15 minutes by bus to the center, 20 min to the Old Town
close to Sadyba Best Mall- 3d cinemas, stores Mango, the body shope, home and you, boardriders, good cheap food stores, caffeteries
very godd massage zone close to the hotel. Massoterapia Stegny. easy to find on facebook.
nice hotel stuff
good price

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dominika G
Joanna_Plauszewska, Kierownik sprzedaży at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Dominika G

thank you for your feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you will come back soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Direct access from the airport by bus 148. It is worth booking a room with more advance then the price will be lower. The rooms are large, clean, tv lcd 32 "although there is no mulichoice of the channels , but no one comes to the hotel to sit in front of tv. Beds very comfortable, clean linen, in-room telephone, beverages, kettle, cup, coffee / tea. Bathroom with shower and sink, including soap and bath gels. large and small towels, hair dryer. The room has no air conditioning. I did not eat in reastaurant so I do not comment. Next to the hotel is a large car park, taxi stand here too but rather with the more expensive companies. In addition to Porthos is still the same network hotels: Athos and Aramis but qualitatively worse.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Joanna_Plauszewska, Director of Sales at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for such kind words of appreciation. It’s very important for us to meet all of our guests’ needs, so we are happy to hear your positive opinion. We are looking forward to welcome you again. We will do our best for even better value.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Arrived at the hotel after a delayed flight - specially booked a late arrival at the hotel as flight wouldn't arrive till 11pm. Receptionist advised - sorry madam, your room is not available. You will have to find another hotel - at midnight in a city I didn't know. Apparently they were fully booked. After a call to the booking agent who then called the hotel they miraculously found a room, When I asked how come there was now a room available - the comment was "what if someone came in and needed a room?" Excuse me - I booked a room and you gave it away and apparently there was nothing available. The room I got for £75 - a disabled room with single beds the size my 4 year old niece would struggle to sleep in. At that point I was so tired I took it. Never again. The irony is, all over the hotel they say you are not a customer, you are our guest - well if that's true,nobody told the receptionist on duty as she made it very clear that I was a complete pain and she wanted none of it. I travel to Poland a lot but I will make sure that none of my colleagues stay here as I could not have felt less welcomed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Joanna_Plauszewska, Director of Sales at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear Madam,

With reference to your letter of complaint, let me say in the very beginning that I am really sorry you were displeased with the stay in our hotel. Unfortunately, your booking order that we received from the travel office did not contain any information about your late arrival. Most certainly, the receptionist’s behavior and attitude were not professional which I apologize for in my own name and in the name of all the staff.
The room you got is a room adapted for the people with physical disabilities, however it meets all Lux standard requirements.
Being the sales manager, I do care about and value opinions and comments of our guests, therefore I would like to offer you compensation for your disappointment and frustration. For further details please contact us via mail: marketing@bwportos.pl. I do hope our offer will improve the image of BEST WESTERN Hotel Portos.
We look forward to your further contact.
Kind regards

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Hotel is one of three (once) identical buildings from the 70s and the only Best Western (other two belong to some other chain). Nicely refurbished, clean, rooms are adequate in size and have well functioning bathrooms (shower has a rather remarkable feature of not leaking water on the bathroom floor!). Ten floors, upper three are for smokers! Four lifts, very fast and quiet. Restaurant serves a very good buffet breakfast (though rather pricey at about $20) and adequate dinners considering that the area lacks good restaurants. Public transportation to town is good, if you have own car beware of limited parking space near the hotel and secondary parking is about 200 yards away and road surface there is atrocious. Also automatic gates often malfunction but this is a fault of the parking management which is a separate company.
Hotel staff is young, very nice and helpful, all our requests were taken care of immediately.
All in all very efficient, clean stay for business or pleasure, great value for the money especially if you pay in zlotys like we did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Sobieskiego street, between 5th and 8th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Stayed there few years ago while visiting Warsaw, hotel is a part of the three hotels complex. This place been build during the communist era and reminder of sad looking bloc-of-flats looking structure. Good communication with city centre and old town, facilities are fairly good, restaurant with selection of food to accommodate anyone's desire. The staff is friendly and helpful, now I see best western has franchised this complex, lets hope the standard will remain as high as was previously.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Room was spacious and clean. Great choice of food for breakfast. Don't be put off by the location, the centre is easily accessible, also by public transport (go to the bus stop on the other side of Sobieskiego street, bus no. 501 and 519 for the main railway station, 116 for the Old Town, tickets can be purchased from a machine at the bus stop).The price quality-relation makes it a very good option for Warsaw.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cold_sea
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed in this Hotel Oct 15th 2012. The actual Hotel itself is lovely inside and very modern. Bedrooms are excellent and appear newly refurbished. If its views of some of Warsaw you like stay here. The windows are HUGE. Breakfast.... There was a whole lot of choice, although coming from England I was disappointed to find no Bacon, Sausage etc. while the selection of Breakfast items is huge I personally couldn't eat Cold meat etc for Breakfast. However, like I said the choice was HUGE. The Hotel is located a few miles from the actual Centre of Warsaw. At first this seems a problem but you'll soon find that the No 118 bus runs in a straight line from the centre to the Hotel. One BIG BIG tip. Buy a copy of Warsaw in your pocket. It cost me £5 from reception (nr newspaper stand) in Novotel. It is very informative and covers every topic from Red light areas to the best restaurants. It is a MIST MUST MUST. All in all I couldn't fault this Hotel. Final tip.... There are no late night shops/take aways close by. If you are thirsty or hungry at night your only choice is the Petrol station opposite.

• Stayed: October 2012