“Nice Facilities, Annoying Service/Housekeeping”

Mamaison Hotel Le Regina Warsaw
Ranked #7 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Germany
“Nice Facilities, Annoying Service/Housekeeping”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at Hotel Le Regina for one night on June 26, 2014. Rate was about 125 Euro/ night for a standard room, breakfast not included.

The hotel facilities were quite pleasant, the location besides the Old town good. Room 214 was not spacy but nice decorated and good in shape. The bathroom had a very comfortable size.

Turn down was already done when entering the room, a bottle of water, coffee and wifi was complimentary.

This far this good. Not good was the personnel situation:

- there was no doorman available when arriving, you have to carry the luggage on your own (there even seemed to be no process for the luggage transfer)

- at reception I had to wait about ten minutes as there arrived four guests and check in took quite long with showing passports and so on

- no guidance to the room or help with the luggage was offered, even as requested at the desk the receptionist just pointed the way to the elevator

- very annoying: you can hear every closing of guest rooms doors on the corridor and from 6.45 am housekeeping starts making up the rooms beside my room with door slamming and so on. Very noisy were all the big trolleys they did use for laundry and cleaning goods. As the floor is stone with carpets every movement of the trolleys sounded like a passing train. When complaining at 7.30 am to stop this activities they even didn't understand english. So I had to start my day a bit tired and two hours earlier than planned.

Needless to say, that there was no luggage transfer or doormen service when checking out.

In total a hotel with nice facilities but not a real luxury hotel with 5 star service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Mamaison_Le_Regina, Dyrektor generalny at Mamaison Hotel Le Regina Warsaw, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear warum,

Thank you for taking your time to share your opinion. I am delighted to hear that in general you were satisfied with our facilites and location.
Please accept my apology for our service. Described situations shouldn't have happend in five - star property.
I can ensure you that proper actions for improvement will be taken

Thank you once again for your feedback. It will definitely help us to improve our work and avoid such situations in the future.

I really hope you will give me and my team second chance and I will be glad to welcome you back to Mamaison Le Regina Hotel.

Sincerely Yours,

Agnieszka Tucharz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 26 June 2014

When I travel I try to avoid business hotels and try to chose boutique ones instead. This one was not a typical business hotel but it was a bit too stiff and elegant for my taste. So unfortunately it never became a home away from home. I have to keep looking for my favorite hotel in Warsaw.

The location however is great in the old town but in the less crowded parts of it. Breakfast was not included so I did not try it as there were other less pricy options in the bars and cafes close by.

I had room service for dinner twice and it was very good (but somewhat pricy).

The hotel has a sauna and spa which is really nice. They also have massage which is run by an external company. Due to that there were some misunderstandings with by massage booking so I had to cancel. I tried to schedule a massage directly with the girl that does the massages instead but due to the humidity caused by the pool in her massage room she had a limit on the amount of massages she could do a day before the air became too unbearable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marta K
Dear Marta K,

Thank you for your review of hotel Mamaison Le Regina Warsaw.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and appreciated our location, facilities and cozy but unique swimming pool and sauna.

If you do not find your "home" in Warsaw, please remember that we will be very pleased to welcome you again at Mamaison Le Regina Warsaw.

Ft. Laud, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I wish I had more reasons to visit Warsaw because we so thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I would return without any hesitation.

The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful….or CHEERFUL AND KIND.

All of my emails were promptly answered and all of my requests received immediate attention.

The staff at the reception desk were enormously courteous, helpful, and efficient. And so nice!

The hotel has a beautiful air of quiet elegance. VERY elegant. Lovely surroundings. Everything was in great condition. Our room was most comfortable and very quiet. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was enormous and wonderfully appointed.

The breakfast buffet was beautifully laid out every morning with quite a lot of choices for every taste.

The neighborhood is a charming, quiet neighborhood. We really enjoyed taking walks in the early morning. After seeing the traffic and congestion in downtown Warsaw, we were very happy we had chosen this more peaceful location.

We cannot give enough compliments to the entire staff for making us feel so welcome and well taken care of. THANK YOU.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pacosmom
Mamaison_Le_Regina, Dyrektor generalny at Mamaison Hotel Le Regina Warsaw, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear pacosmom,

Thank you very much for having chosen Mamaison Le Regina Warsaw for your recent visit to Warsaw, we much appreciate you having taken the time to provide most valuable comments on your stay.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our services and facilities, your kind comments shall serve as reward, as well as motivation to do even better in the future.

Once again, we appreciate your positive feedback. You gave all of us another reason to be proud of our hotel.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here for one night last week on a road trip from a volleyball tournament in Northern Poland. We got the room on Splendia the same afternoon at a fantastic rate. This is a very nice property and perfectly located for the Warsaw tourist. 2 minutes walk from Old Town and 5 minutes walk from the Royal Route. The rooms are very spacious by European standards and the bed was very very nice. Our hostess at check-in recommended a couple of nice dining spots and we tried one with great success (and very convenient). Even without the deal price I would highly recommend this for Warsaw tourists from the USA.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RobertMueller
Dear RobertMueller,

Thank you for your kind words and such a nice review. We are delighted that we succeeded in providing a fantastic stay for you. We are also very glad you appreciated our facilities, location and beautiful Warsaw’ s old town.

It is our aim to satisfy all our guests and we are extremely pleased to get back such positive comments!

We hope to welcome you soon again!

Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Very nice hotel, in historical center of Warsaw, Nice, spacious and clean rooms. OK breakfast. However, it is simply too expensive. One piece of advice - if you are paying in cash, you will want to change money at some of the exchange offices in the city. Otherwise you will be riped of by the hotel and their FX rate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Mamaison_Le_Regina, Dyrektor generalny at Mamaison Hotel Le Regina Warsaw, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear N0Guru,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Mamaison Le Regina Warsaw hotel. We strive to provide a superior service for every guest, therefore your feedback is very important to us.
We are very glad that your overall stay was pleasant and you were satisfied with our service, location and facilities.
We assure you that we are working on improvement of the aspects which you have put to our attention and we are looking forward to welcome you to our boutique hotel again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Sadly, this hotel did not live up to its five stars – not even close, especially given the high price. I've stayed here before and love the charm of the hotel. Its location is fantastic - in the old town on a quiet street. You can’t hear any road noise from your room. The rooms are lovely and reasonably spacious for a European hotel, with plush gowns and slippers.
Service was very poor. On most occasions you had to ask for it, vs a good five star where staff anticipate needs. There was no one outside to help with bags on arrival. On departure, no one offered and there was no one outside. The hotel was hosting a conference– usually conferences are a designated part of the hotel, but here, the attendees took over the entire lobby and public areas. All sofas were removed so that attendees could stand around bar-like tables. The sofas were even removed near check-in. Other guests had nowhere to sit! The wireless in my room was so poor that I had no choice but to work in the lobby, so I sat on the stairs. I heard other guests complaining about this issue over three days - and about poor service.
2/4 of my mornings at breakfast, attention was on conference goers in the lobby and you had to ask for service. One morning, there were no staff in the restaurant at all for some time, and then I flagged a waitress down to order an omelet. She said she had to get her colleague to take the order and asked me to wait. She disappeared, but no one came. After a while I waved at a waiter (who was very nice) walking into the restaurant from the lobby.

I was looking forward to dinner in the restaurant, but the atmosphere was so inhospitable to non-conference attendees that I dined out. On the last day, I went to the restaurant for lunch, at 1:15. The tables had been swapped out for large group tables with no cutlery set, probably for the conference. When I asked if I could order lunch, a friendly but confused staff member looked at the large tables and said it was not possible. I must have looked equally confused, because she asked me to wait, then led me to a single table set up the back against a sofa. She also helped another woman who came in after me.
Even housekeeping was stretched – dirty tea cups with tea bags stayed in my room over two days. Tea bags and water were not replenished. No big deal, but on my way out, I asked the front desk if I could get some herbal tea bags and water. “No problem.” I returned at 10pm. Dirty tea cups were still there, but no tea bags.
In my room during the night, it sounded as if furniture was being moved above me intermittently- bumping and scraping. It could have been some mechanical sound coming in through the air conditioning ducts, but for a light sleeper it was a nightmare, even with earplugs.
I will not be returning to this hotel.
Tip: Book a refundable room if you stay here and call ahead/cancel if they are hosting a conference. I’m sure if there was no conference, the experience would have been far superior.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank roo15
Dear roo15,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback about recent stay at Mamaison Le Regina.
Please accept my apology for our service. It is very unfortunate indeed that the service was not at such level like during your previous visit. We were hosting a big conference and 90 % of the rooms were occupied by a big group and that caused the inconvenience for you and some other guests.
Your feedback will help us to improve and avoid such situations in the future.

I’m looking forward to welcoming you again to Mamaison Le Regina Hotel.

Sincerely Yours,

Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed in the hotel for three nights with a larger group. The room was impeccable, very large and comfortable. Service was very good and friendly, as well at the reception as in the room. During the day several people came to the room to make sure everything was OK. The swimming pool is only medium size and in the basement but very nice, clean and well maintained. I was not so crazy about the food but I guess this is more a matter of personal taste rather than the quality of the food. Everything was prepared and served nicely. The hotel is not cheap but the price seems appropriate. The days of bargains in the former eastern block seem to be over, at least in larger cities like Warsaw.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank ghel281
Mamaison_Le_Regina, Dyrektor generalny at Mamaison Hotel Le Regina Warsaw, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear ghel281,

Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of our boutique hotel Mamaison Le Regina Warsaw.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Warsaw with your friends. I am very glad that you were happy with location, room and service provided and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team.

I do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.