“Ale Gloria not for everyone”
Review of AleGloria

AleGloria
Ranked #339 of 2,774 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: AleGloria restaurant was founded 10 years ago as a tribute to the contemporary taste of Young Poland’s traditions. Inspired by the philosophy, art and culture of Young Poland I have painted the restaurant like a red and white picture: lace combined with strawberries, plunged in the glow of creative Polish cuisine. AleGloria combines new philosophy, new aesthetics and new insight into flavours that have been unfairly neglected in the past years. Throughout this inspiring marriage I have rediscovered the culinary art of Young Poland and I aim at presenting these somewhat forgotten flavours in a new, contemporary style to all my Guests visiting the restaurant. In the brightly lit interiors, full of strawberry trees and geese running around the wooden floors, you will find Polish culinary art at its best. It is the perfect combination of the forgotten world and modern culinary ideas, dominated by the best Polish products.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This restaurant is not for everybody. Atmosphere is strange. The waiters are OK, but they wake a distance in guests. If you got lot of money and You don't want spend the time with people, this place is for you.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

What a marvellous Setting for exceptionnal moments. Zabojad recalls its visit in Ale Gloria and will always remind its fabulous Dinner and Wine Card. I really recommand this place for its discret and wonderful space for Intimate Dinners. A Restaurant one would never forget while visiting Warsaw in Poland

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Well I'm kind of torn about this restaurant. I heard it was owned by Magda Gessler, one of the top chefs in the city. The elegant bakery and beautiful shabby chic decor definitely grabbed my attention from the beginning. The recommended chianti wine was nicely paired with a well-cooked duck and sauce. Now here goes the bad... the seating cushions were not comfortable at all for a 2-hour seating with my business colleagues. The tabletop was too high relative to the cushions. The cooked watermelon and gnocchi paired with the duck was not a desirable pairing. The gnocchi was bland and the cooked watermelon was awkward. I definitely think a pairing of vegetables and duck would have been better suited. The service was average. Having dined globally at many fine establishments, this restaurant does have the potential for high-class dining in Warsaw but it just needs to be better refined.

1  Thank UCIAlumni1991
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I ate here as part of a business group on a quiet Thursday evening.

We arrived at about 7.45, and were not eating our main courses until 10.00, having waited about one hour since the starters. When our Polish host asked one of the staff to guess how long we had been waiting for our meals the reply was "About 25 minutes."

Needless to say, he was embarassed on our behalf and said he would not be going back.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Nice setting, in the very down town area. Staff was very correct, menu was riche and based on polish tradition. We had baked chicken, a very nice tartar, salads and Argentian filet on a hot stone. Good wines. But, all in all, it's not a very sparkling place - maybe because we went a sunday night.