“Business hotel how I like it: no problems”

Leonardo Royal Hotel Warsaw
Ranked #43 of 124 Hotels in Warsaw
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Business hotel how I like it: no problems”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed here during the UN climate summit in Warsaw when the city was pretty packed, and this hotel was no exception. It suited the needs of my group just fine. My room was spacious and clean with working wifi (my primary need). Some in our party actually ended up with incredibly spacious rooms for the price of a standard room, which was very welcome indeed. The bathroom had high pressure and hot water (check and check).

Breakfast was not so great for vegetarians. Very limited fare, which was disappointing indeed, but then again, that's Poland. We ended up spending quite a bit of time in the hotel bar after work. The bar is just a little area on the second floor, nothing really special at all, but it was fine for a few drinks. Very rarely was anyone there except us. Staff does not speak a tremendous amount of English, and weren't the friendliest, but I didn't have too many problems with them. Don't try to pay separate tabs at the bar--they won't do it (ridiculous).

However, the staff in the restaurant were nice. We only dined there once (and I wouldn't really recommend it), but, after I ordered one vodka, they just kept bringing me more, free of charge. I guess the waiters were enjoying trying to get me drunk. That made me feel very welcome indeed! This was actually the spirit I felt around Warsaw while I was there--friendly people.

The location of this hotel is nice. It's right on a main bus line that takes you into the main parts of Warsaw (perfect). For those of us working at the National Stadium and at the University, we could just hop on a bus and be there in minutes. Good and convenient. There are also quite a few nice restaurants right around the area, so no problem there either. It's close enough to the central park area to go jogging a well, perfect.

All in all, a fine business hotel that doesn't stand out in my mind (which is how I like my business hotels; unremarkable, no big memories).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here in march 2014- around 30 pound for a large ensuite bedroom- clean and efficient- would stay again-Not sure if this is 4 star quality but scertainly a good three star hotel-taxi rank outside so handy to getaway.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

What a great hotel with a good location and very modern setting. The bedrooms were well furnished and on floor 24 a stunning view across the city. The staff at the front desk were very attentive although the bar closed at 11pm which was poor given there were little other bars in the immediate area.

Would have no hesitation in returning in the future.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ian B
Kharkiv, Ukraine
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Here are some review from me and my wife.
Good things:
- the room was on the 26th floor - the nice view
- modern design
- free wi-fi
- clean enough

What we didn't like and that darkened our impression of the hotel:
(1) the stuff is not terrible friendly and compassionate (I've asked to help us with booking confirmation to embassy and they were not replying me directly - only via Booking.com support team; the received document was not accurate - they didn't include my wife as the guest and didn't change that even I requested.. I didn't receive any feedback on this; when we had a train canceled and I informed about delay with checking in (next morning instead of the evening) they proposed us to wait till 12pm to check in (all was already paid for the past day and I requested to prepare a room to let us check-in on our arrive).. but to be true they gave us a room after I disputed that.. and the guy on reception helped us with a taxi when we left the hotel.
(2) shower tube had some trouble with drain..

Room Tip: take a room with the view on the center - the view should be amazing
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Everything You would need from a hotel and CHEAP, the rooms are sufficient in size, bathroom is basic but ample, the room was clean, internet reception was good as well. The hotel is massive, take the top rooms for the best view. The front desk seemed fine. If you are on a budget but still like a bit of luxury, this is the choice for You!

Room Tip: Take the top rooms for a great view!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Brisbane
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Travelled to Poland for business and enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms were suitable for size as I was there for 10 nights. The two single beds were a bit of a waste as I would have preferred a larger bed for the single room. Bathroom was clean and large. Lots of storage places as I had to unpack for the longer stay. The internet connection was easy and speed good. Food at breakfast was excellent and well stocked with a range of foods. The variety of friuts was welcome and enables a healthier start to each day than the normal fried heavy foods. The hotel was a distance to the meeting venue and the city but you can walk there in probably 10+ minutes. Taxis rank outside the hotel was convenient. Buses are common and pick-up and drop you near the hotel. There are a few shopping places nearby to stock-up on food. Overall, good experience, good value and helpful staff.

Room Tip: All rooms start from the higher levels. I think the corner rooms probably are better in terms of si...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Karta_Mita
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Staff at front desk not friendly at all. After a long day on the road you expect to be received with a smile which was not the case at all! Booking.com shows all rooms equipped with safe box and we were given one without it. Upon showing it on the website page, staff informed booking.com was "lying". Bathtub is not properly sealed so toilet was flooded after every shower. You need to take a bus to old town. Not staying there never again. Not recommended.

• Stayed October 2013