“Great B & B”

Ranked #1 of 74 Warsaw B&B and Inns
St. Paul
“Great B & B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

The location of this B & B is what drew it to me first. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised at my luck! This is a fabulous little secret in Warsaw. Upon my arrival, a short 5 minute walk from the train station, I was met with a friendly receptionist. She was very helpful in giving me information on the city. The owner, Jarek, is very hands on and is very welcoming! My room was fabulous....clean and homey. It overlooked an inner courtyard which was nice and quiet. Bottled water was provided free of charge. Breakfast was filling! Meats, cheeses, eggs, cereals, homemade breads, coffee, teas, etc.... The breakfast room seats many at a long table where you are invited to converse with other guests and the owner. I met some great people in that breakfast room! There were opportunities to take a tour with people that the owner knew; however, as I was alone and wanted to go around on my own, I did not take advantage of the tour guide. I had the pleasure to attend one of the nightly concerts - this one featuring an accordion player. While we were entertained, we had wine and coffee cake. Though my Polish is very limited, I was able to converse with the musician and other guests. I was close to the main shopping areas. It was a nice walk to the Old Town, the National Museum, the Palace of Art & Culture as well as many parks. I really enjoyed my stay here and will be staying there more times in the future.

Room Tip: This B & B is on a small side street. Though I had an inner courtyard room, I'm sure there...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Ursula O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Boutique BnB in December. I originally booked for two nights but decided to stay a third night and this was very easy to organise via email after I had processed the booking. I used the free transfer from the airport- I don't know why you wouldn't use this! The room was a lot larger than I expected. A bit dated in terms of furniture but this doesn't bother me and I found it quite charming. Great breakfast which is served until 10am so, you could eat a bit later and really fill yourself up to save having to stop for lunch. Great selection of cheese and bread. Some cereal if you're that way inclined. Very conveniently located and a short walk to the Main Street which leads you to the old town and a good walk to the central train station. Staff were friendly and helpful. I was also able to leave my luggage in the office on my last day as I wasn't leaving until 2pm. There is a small shop across the road for soup and bread if you want a snack or are travelling on the cheap. Also a diner at the end of the road with western food if pork knuckle is too much for you to think about! All up, a great experience and I would certainly stay again. Very safe and secure and near enough to the bustle without being right on top of the crowds!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Aussiekatstar
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Since my first visit to Boutique B & B in 2006, I have watched this unique and wonderful place grow, change, and become more charming every year. You will no doubt read a wealth of positive reviews extolling its virtues: great location, fantastic organic breakfasts, friendly and helpful staff with great English speaking abilities, intriguing and fascinating guests to converse with…But understand that concealed here in this beautiful pre-WWI building is the best kept secret in Warsaw. Owner Jarek Cholodecki has created a stunning series of nightly Chopin concerts, held in house, with wonderful musicians. The experience will transport you back to the 19th century where you can experience an intimate salon atmosphere (complete with a glass of wine and something sweet). The talented live performers just a few feet away, will unlock the secrets of the music, connecting you with your own heart. If you want to make a lifetime memory for yourself, visit this treasure in 2014.

Room Tip: When you are booking, let the staff know if you have any special needs or preferences - they are inc...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamela H
Gdansk, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We stay 2 nights with my wife. Beautyfull rooms, each little different style connected with famous people on name of room. Fantastic service, excelent breakfast, friendly owner, great location in heart of city and good price maky it perfect place for people who look for somethink different then chain hotels. We will come back

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dominik M
lafayette, california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We just finished staying there 3 nights- we had the queen room- large bedroom and then living room with our own piano and large bathroom- well located - good breakfast- only Americans and I think only tourists- others were on business - Monika gave us two 3 hour tours- she was so knowledgeable and showed us places that we would not have gone to - thanks
Would highly recommend

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paris4us063
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

This "hotel" overall gets very positive reviews and is a great value, but like many B & B's, which are typically people's homes or apartments, it has it quirks. The breakfasts are great and offer pretty a wide variety of foods, juices, breads, cheeses, meats, yogurt, etc. You get also homemade jams, instead of those that come the small plastic packets. You eat at a communal table so you get to talk to your fellow travelers. It also offers classical musical concerts for $10 a head, which I attended and it was very good. At the concerts, they serve wine and polish pastries. Furthermore, the staff is friendly and helpful.

Now for the quirks. The rooms in this B&B are apartments in an apartment building complex, and my room was in an adjacent building to the main area where the breakfast and reception was and I had to cross an outdoor court yard, which in inclement weather means bundling up to go here. In addition, there was a series of security doors to navigate, some of which you used the room card key to open and another where you had to enter an access code. The first day I went to breakfast, the entire path was blocked because there was yet another security door that was locked to which neither the code or the card key worked, so I called reception and they had to come down to open it. The room I stayed in did not have a real shower and instead offered a spray nozzle in the bath. The sides of the tub were also very high and for some people this may present an issue getting into and out of the tube. In addition, while they advertise free Wi-Fi, the Wi-FI did not reach my room and I needed to go the reception area to use it. Since, I turn off my cellular service when I travel abroad and use Skype on my cell room for calls, this presented a problem when I wanted privacy.

Having said this, I would stay here again if I was in Warsaw. I wanted to provide the information above because from my reading of many reviews, I was expecting hotel nirvana, but it was not quite the case, but almost.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Howard S
Poznan, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I highly recommend this place for the convenient location, style, quality, hospitality. Great European style, none of the shortcuts of modern chain hotels. There is place to socialise, meet, talk in this B&B. Wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business