“Proud and lazy”

Ranked #115 of 124 Hotels in Warsaw
Budapest, Hungary
“Proud and lazy”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

So we arrive and the lady seems a little clueless. We go to our room and we don't really understand if there's someone there or not because it is so dirty and only half of the beds have linens. After figuring out we are alone and which are the "clean" beds, I find someone else's sock in my room. And three empty cans of beer. I go to the staff - she doesn't really care and stares blankly at me. Worst night ever, feeling all the dirty sheets with me. Bad wifi, doesn't really reach the rooms or anywhere anyway. Next day there acute desorganization comes with no toilet paper, dirty floors, crappy looking lockers, over all very dirty kitchen. Finally the staff didnt understand our reservation call WHICH WAS IN POLISH EVEN and booked us only for one day when we asked two. One of the girls was very nice about it, the other one just kept a bad attitude even it if it was clear she was wrong. Seriously, if you are so not nice, hostels are not the place for you to work. Never EVER have I had such a bad experience in a hostel. Good location and good price though, if you are able to stand the dirty linens and towels hanging out just in the middle of the corridors like just now as i write this review.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 23 January 2013

A receptionist is very cruel. She doesnt care about the feeling of a tourist.. When I felt the most tired, she got on my nerve so that I will never be able to forget about the bad feeling of this hostel. Normally, I am not a person who wrote commenrs on the website. But I am writing to make you avoid the same mistake by booking this hostel. No way!
Also, it seems like it is located in very good place but actually, very hard to find bcos there is no noticeable sign! This hostel is killing me.

• Stayed January 2013
6 Thank ajsjdkflg

Travellers are raving about these Warsaw hotels

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Stayed very recently, worst hostel ever, booked a private room, got a 4 bed dorm, tiny room, very uncomfortable beds. been charged 3 times for our stay, still trying to get refund.Noisy at weekends as club below. its simply some rooms on 3rd floor of an office building. Difficult to find.
Cheap, so do not expect much

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RobCarm
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The boy in the reception was really rude, bad-mannered and very unfriendly. However the worst thing was that they charged me twice the reservation and I did not get my money back never!!!!

There are several hostels in Warsawa better, cleaner, cheaper and more friendly than this, it was a pitty we realize about this a bit late. My advice: LOOK FOR ANOTHER HOSTEL.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LIMAKO187514
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 28 September 2012

At check-in I was informed that the complete amount of my stay was taken out of my account 48hours before arrival. My bedroom resembled a storage room for old broken bed and mattresses. When I asked for the BBQ area, the receptionist took me to the lift lobby, pointed through a small window to a parking area 3 floors down and said "smoke". ...? The only facility they do have is a 24hour reception. ALL the others facilities mentioned on their site is NOT true. The staff is unfriendly and not helpful at all. It's like they don't know anything about their own city. The bathrooms never got clean in my 4 days here, and to top it all, on the second day, I woke up with 14 bite marks over my hands and arms.

Room Tip: This place is not for travellers. It's more for school trips and students that study in the area...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jan V
Warsaw
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed for two nights only. The location was fantastic but the toilet were not so clean. I would appreciate if they had a fan there because the weather was very hot. The breakfast was very basic: coffee and milk , white bread and jam and butter No cheese, no ham, no cakes, etc Good and helpful receptionists . This could be a wonderful hostel if they improve it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Hi, I dont normally write reviews about the places I have stayed around the world, as I'm too busy with work, but this nightmare I couldnt ignore. We booked this hostel in advance for the opening game in warsaw on 8th June 2012 for 2 nights. Obviously we were lucky to get anywhere for 2 nights in warsaw during this time, but to pay €35 p/p per night for this death trap, I would rather sleep on the streets. There was 6 of us staying in the hostel, and the room was a coverted attic space, with 6 beds in it, which meant that are few heads were stuck in the corner of the appex of the roof with mouse traps right underneath your heads. The toilet was a joke, building a toilet under the sloping section of the house, meant that any man (6ft or more in height) had to lean in to go to the toilet, at there one lad in our group who experienced this. The shower was absolutly disgusting and never was cleaned, one male toilet serving approx 20 men in the hostel.......you can imagine the queues. To be honest we only could stay there by getting absolutely hammered and hitting the hay in the early hours of the morning. We came back one morning to find 2 more beds added to our already cramped attic space....and when I told the girl in reception that this was a health hazard, she just laughed at me and said "come on lads, theres plenty of room up there". The entry to our attic space was a attic loft ladder, with no railings, etc to protect anyone from falling to their death, and imagine how we survive after a nights drinking...........................SHOCKING.............I hope the authority that regulates hostels around the world take a trip to this kip and shut them down for health and safety reasons.

Room Tip: Dont Stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends