“very old building, very expensive for a hostel, next to mental hospital, someone was very rude there...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Garden Villa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Warsaw
Garden Villa
Ranked #121 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

we've been there for 2 nights only and thank God it was only this much.The room and the whole building in fact is very old, not renovated and has that old wooden smell.The toilet was on the corridor.One guy from staff was very helpful giving us quick and very good informations but i have to mention that another guy there was very rude to me.Since morning when i walked on the balcony to have my coffee, i saw the sign on the opposite building saying something related to hospital in polish and also people wearing some kind of pyjamas.The same day nite while we were having dinner, and i was in the kitchen, when i got back to the dinning room, my tripmate told me that someone at the window hospital was desperately waving hands.When i got there and tried to verify what she said, surprisingly, that person didn't come up again.So with all this picture in my mind, after we finished our dinner, i walked into the reception room and nicely asked the guy there if there was a hospital and what kind.I couldn't finish my say because another guy who was at the desk as well answered back in shouting manner taping his head with his index finger "it's mental hospital, mental hospital...is it so strange for you?" and then mumbling something in his own language to his workmate.I couldn't believe it, i felt like leaving that location straight away.Afterwards, i walked outside trying to calm down and have a beer in front of the hostel.But that place became spooky, i couldnt enjoy my beer, i went to bed very disepointed.I have to admit that the location of the hostel was in a quiet spot but in the above conditions it turned to be...too quiet.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends