“Superb, clean budget option ideal for Sala Kongresowa gigs!”
Review of Hotel Mazowiecki

Hotel Mazowiecki
Ranked #65 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Sadly, our time in Warsaw this time around was very limited (arriving at 10:30am from Prague and departing at 06:05am for St Petersburg the following morning!)

We were here for a concert at Sala Kongresowa and knew we would have nothing more than a few hours sleep after the gig before we needed to be on our way for our early morning flight.

Location was key (we wanted to be walking distance from the venue and we were - no more than 10 minutes), but also, we didn't want to pay a lot of money for a place we would barely be spending any time. We decided to take a risk on this hotel even though we knew the bathroom was shared (I always pick en suite normally).

We were absolutely delighted with our choice. Our shared bathroom was right opposite our room and it felt like we were the only ones using it. The toilet and shower were modern and spotlessly clean with towels provided. Due to the hot weather this day, we decided to have a shower once we checked in and one before we checked out, such was our happiness with the facilities.

The room was very simple, just two single beds lengthways along the wall of the room, a window which opens for fresh air and venitllation, a television, a table and chair and a basin with soap.

This was all we required and therefore our needs were completely met and at a cost of £27 for the room, we were overjoyed!!

Due to our early start, I needed to arrange a taxi for 4am and reception ensured our car was waiting outside bang on time. Lending us a hairdryer was also no trouble at 3:20am.

I have to say, we weren't at all bothered by the noise on this street (and our room faced out directly onto the bar across the road - we noticed people were still drinking at 4am when we left and it was a Thursday night). Clearly the Poles are far better behaved than us Brits when it comes to late night drinking!!

I highly recommend this hotel to people looking for a comfortable, safe, clean and above all, cost-effective trip to Warsaw!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel offers very good, professional customer service, which is what I am looking for during my visit in Warsaw. Slightly disappointed, however, when I missed my breakfast- after receiving my keys at 1am, at reception- I could have been told that the breakfast ends at 10:30. Or, at least, offered coffee?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Its located at the centre of everything (for low price!) you dont have to walk more than 15mins to get to station/ palace of culture/ mall etc, friendly staff. Hotel is surrounded by bars/ restaurants. Neighbourhood lives 24/7. The noise at midnight didn't disturb me as some have written in the reviews, if youre active all day youre too tired to hear anything around you and just want to sleep, or just keep the windows closed..
Had a room with wash basin only, on the same floor there were 2 bathrooms which were clean. Room had enough towels, soap, a tv, table with chairs, mineral water and comfortable/ clean bed. Only minus point was the breakfast, everything was cold, if they offered warm toasts/ eggs it would be great. But not a reason to be all negative about this hotel. Enjoyed my stay thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Sanjay_BSK
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Comfortable and clean hotel, very well located in central Warsaw. We could walk to all the places that were on our plan for Warsaw.Great breakfast, some noisy rooms on street side over weekends as the hotel is in the nightclub zone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Dear Hotel, many thanks for your very good services in general!! I will keep my excellent memories about your hospitality! the only one moment which did not allowed me to sleep normally - was the exremely popular among the youth bar opposite the entrance of the hotel)) but this is not the fault of hotel's management...it is just a reality...
Also when I have checked out on 4 Oct 2013 at 12.00, I forgot to take as I planned earlier the bottle of water from my room with me to airport, and after checking out in just a minute was not allowed to return and to take it from the room. Though it was the bottle of water which the room-maid has put on my table a day ago, on the 3rd of Oct. and which was forgetten by me in the room when checking out. As far as I understand, it was included in my bill which
i have paid, Just felt offended at that moment...such moments spoil great job...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tatiana Z
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Nice hotel, nice English-speaking staff and nice location. My son and I were pleased with our room which was spacious, clean and quiet. Breakfast includes a fairly large selection of food. It was a good staying.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights at €25 a night in very spacious and functional twin room on L3 with wash basin. Excellent location and a 4 minute walk to university end of Main Street. Very clean, a good style of hotel and reception staff were efficient. Lift a little on the slow side. Waited for 2 of my 3 showers but there is a separate toilet and bathroom was large enough and clean. Approx PLN 30 in cab from airport. Train station and Palace of Culture a lot closer. Mini market across the road and Subway around the corner. Maybe a 20 minute walk into the heart of the Old Town and the majority of restaurants. WIFI in room was working but poor and you couldn't use all apps constantly - have had a lot worse but also a lot better and speed was frustrating. Room quiet enough even with window open. No aircon or fan in room and have to say it was stifling and felt like a sauna even at midnight given current weather has been 37 degrees during the day. Made it difficult to relax after a hard days walking and also to sleep. Put a fan in the room and this is a very passable budget end option. Without it you are taking a bit of a punt on how hot it is during your stay or getting a breeze that I didn't during my stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo