“Extraordinary setting, superb food and really lousy, pretentious service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restauracja Belvedere

Restauracja Belvedere
Ranked #49 of 2,408 Restaurants in Warsaw
Price range: US$18 - US$50
Cuisines: Polish, European, Contemporary, Central European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, View
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Ujazdów
Description: Belvedere Restaurant is one of the most beautiful and most famous restaurants in Warsaw. More than twenty years of tradition, Creative Chef Marcin Przybysz (awarded the title of Chef de l'Avenir), Executive Chef Adam Komar and innovative approach to Polish cuisine guarantee an unforgettable culinary experience. The restaurant has been recommended by the most famous culinary guide in the world - the Michelin Guide - now for 8 years in a row. Restaurant interior was designed by renowned stage designer Boris Kudlička. It is filled with the original tropical plants (as a historical New Orangery building). The oldest palm tree is over 100 years old! Location in Lazienki Królewskie Park makes this place really unique in Warsaw. In spring and summer you can enjoy your lunch or supper in elegant garden in front of restaurant. Belvedere is the perfect place to enjoy finest Polish cuisine in a beautiful setting sourrounded by nature.
London, UK
“Extraordinary setting, superb food and really lousy, pretentious service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I wanted to visit this restaurant for years but never quite managed to get there during my numerous albeit very short visits to Warsaw. I finally made the booking and went to have lunch there and was not disappointed at all. True – the place is quite pricey but one should expect that as the reputation proceeds it – yet the food is worth the money, comes beautifully presented, it quite inventive, wonderfully seasoned and super delicious. Me and my partner sampled six dishes between us and each and every one of ordered items was super tasty. The setting is wonderful – especially on a sunny warm day as sitting outside in the Royal Park is quite an experience. I imagine it must be equally impressive on a winter’s day or night with wonderful scenery outside. The only thing that lets Belvedere down is disastrous service which at best is patchy and at worse verges on rude – but hey, there’s a good solution – if you’re not happy with the service just let your tip do the talking …..

• 4 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
“Pretentious and abysmal service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

When I read some of the reviews of the Belvedere I could not believe that they were of the same restaurant. So let me give you the truth about the Belvedere, in pluses and minuses.
Pluses: Great location and on a summer day a very nice place to spend an afternoon, at a table outside looking over the renovated lawns of Łazienki Park, a beautiful old royal park in the centre of Warsaw. Of course you are in Poland so things are never simple. Are the tables allowed on the lawn or not? Sometimes yes and sometimes no, depending on the vagaries of the park authorities. If not, they are on the terrace outside the restaurant, which is also nice but not as luxurious as being actually on the lawns.
Other pluses...none.
Minuses: Many hotels and restaurants in Poland are owned by people who have made money in other businesses and decided to open a hotel or restaurant as a hobby. A prime example is the Belvedere. It is owned by a rich Polish pharmaceutical magnate. The problem is that these people know nothing about running hotels and restaurants, so you never get that dedication to excellence that you would in France or Italy or other places in Europe. The service is catastrophic; the food is pretentious (almost every dish has fruit added - why only the chef, the owner or God knows, certainly not discerning clients); the managment has never heard of the concept of simplicity and quality; it is difficult to tell from the menu what is a starter and what is a main course; and it is overpriced for the quality. If you eat meat, you have the choice of chicken (with fruit..) or beef tenderloin (average according to my friends..). If you don't eat meat (like me) you have one fish on the menu -catfish!! If a restaurant offers only one fish dish, should it really be catfish?? I don't think so. One more thing - forget about dining inside. It is sort of "turn of the century bordello" atmosphere and has not been modernized for 20 years.
So if you are "nouveau riche" and don't know much about food, go for it. If you are looking for good food and good service, avoid it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Honestreview
The Hague, The Netherlands
“A great stop in the park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

After a long and warm walk in the park, we dropped in for lunch in the greenhouse tent at Belvedere. It was a brilliant experience, very good food, great wines and a very kind and qualified staff. The beef carpaccio served then was the best ever enjoyed by me, very high quality of beef (well matured and rich) with a perfect truffle mayonnaise, topped with some perfectly fried, salt-dried, capers.

We decided to go ack for dinner, same experience but for the carpaccio which now was the archetype of frozen, watery and tasteless beef, and without the capers and a lesser mayonnaise.

A place worth revisiting, but as we all should know, miracles are never repeated.

Visited August 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Great atmosphere for entertaining some guests”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I have just hosted a party of 30 people for dinner at the Belvedere in Warsaw. The planning was all done online via email with their event planners. The menu selections here are fantastic especially when having to cater to "Western palettes or accomodate dietary restrictions. The restaurant allowed me to put together a selection of dishes for my guests. My guests prepicked their meals before the event as the event planners were afraid the kitchen wouldn't be able to handle preparing meals selected that evening for that many people. Long story short, I prepared an excel sheet of my guests choices of appetizers, meal and dessert and emailed it to the restaurant. I didn't get a response and 2 days later, I call on the phone and the planner says " This looks too complicated, I am afraid to take it to the kitchen!" The attitude I got was rather strange but as I had already had my invitations out and was getting ready to fly into Poland from the USA, I 'd better work with her. We compromised on a family style appetizers to ease the load on the kitchen and serving personnel.
The day of the event I get there early had a chat with the head waiter, the tables looked great, I place my guests place cards down with their choices in menu. Immedietely the wait staff recognizes how I want things done and change the plan according to my wishes. They serve my guests flawlessly appetizers first, meal and then the dessert choice. The food was enjoyed by all, presentation was beautiful! I was very happy with my choice of restaurant as the ambiance inside the Belvedere and in the former palace grounds sorounding it is as enjoyable as everyone says it is. My guests enjoyed a stroll through the park that evening. I am glad that I wasn't turned off by the "attitude brought on by the event planners of Belvedere" . Apparently they aren't too aware of the abilities of their kitchen and wait staff.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Oslo, Norway
“Superb beef and what a relaxing atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

One of the best views ever experienced while having dinner. We ordered for beef tenderloin and lamb saddle. I think the beef tenderloin was the better dish between the two because it was very tender and well marinated.

We made a reservation before going to the hotel. It can be reached by bus 116 or 180 from the old town. Go down at Lazienki Park. There is really no street sign inside the park to show where the restaurant is but we got there somehow.

Earlier during the day, we toured the park therefore we knew where the restaurant was when we went back for dinner. Really relaxing place and you feel quite priviledged having a view like they have.

Expect to pay about 500 zloty for a three course dinner for 2, a bottle of red wine, a big size bottle of water, a bottle of coke and coffee.

This must be the best eating experience we have while we visited Warsaw. Nothing beats the ambience. Luckily they make good food as well.

• Visited July 2013