“Good food - beautiful restaurant”
Review of PAPU

PAPU
Ranked #158 of 2,507 Restaurants in Warsaw
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: Polish, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good food - beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We had a well-cooked and well-presented fish dish for lunch. The fish was firm and made with a thai style stuffing - lemon grass, chilli, ginger. I did like it. Service was friendly. Perhaps a little fast - staff could have been more personable. Really nice decor and design. Nice crowd of locals and business people out. I've been to a few places in Warsaw recently and this has to be in my top 5 for price and quality. On the whole a very good experience and I'll be back.

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
London
“Great place!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The first thing you notice is the very tasteful decor. It is very smart and at the same time quite cosy. The food could not be faulted. From a group of eight everyone was happy with the meal, which is rare. The wine list is also extensive and covers various price ranges. Service is good as is the value. Not much more to ask for.

Espoo, Finland
“Good food with a nice twist”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We enjoyed a relaxing dinner of good food and no-nononsense service with a nice extra twist of finishing the final minute of our main course on a hot stone plate.

For starters I had a salmon tartar which was nicely seasoned, although both of the sauces had too much of some sort of vinegar or balsamica. It was still OK, but could have been better balanced.

My tuna steak came as quite rare on a stone board which was just the way I like it. I quickly turned it around and pulled aside on the plate.

The service was OK, but a bit stiff and not too friendly. I believe the staff really tried their best, but maybe they are not yet well enough used to non Polish guests. I would have expected them to represent our meals and how to finish them. Now we didn't get very much communication from the staff.

Our dinner was not very cheap, but of course quite affordable compared to Helsinki where I usually eat, so I cannot complain. I will probably try this again on my next trip to Warsaw if I happen to stay nearby.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Lovely meal and really pretty restaurant. Good service and great food, particularly if you like a lot of meat. As like many restaurants in Warsaw outside of the big hotels , exceptional value.

Helsinki, Finland
“Cosy, great food and good wine list”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We found Papu by means of local advise. It is not centrally located but reportedly has a loyal clientele. And I am not surprised. The menu has many interesting dishes and the wine list was comprehensive with a good sortiment of expensive gems and affordable french vintage wines. Our group had carpaccio, beef on a lava stone, tuna on lava, Caesar salad, shin of lamb.. Everything was delicious, especially the carpaccio turned me on big time. The decor is really cosy and even on a monday evening, there were not that many empty tables and the atmosphere was lively but not disturbing. I will definately go back for seconds...

1 Thank Egotrippi